PDA

View Full Version : For Swap: MairzyDozy Hairforkthingy

Greenhousegirl
February 5th, 2013, 10:26 PM
I really really do love it. It's just too long for me. :( It's 5" long, but functional length is around 4.5 inches give or take a few decimals. i will measure it later to make sure the exact size, but i do not have a ruler with me right now. I have worn it about 2 times as it tends to poke me in the back of the neck when I wear it.
Pic http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/198015_527848019078_5382039_n.jpg

If anyone would like to swap for something with a similar value but shorter (4inchs?) but not too short as I do have classic length. This cost me about $30.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 5th, 2013, 11:12 PM
It's gorgeous! Can't you file it a bit shorter, or have someone do it for you? Then you could keep it...

bekstamonkey
February 5th, 2013, 11:44 PM
Exactly what I thought...surely you could find someone who could cut it down a little shorter? And perhaps bend the ends out a bit (so no pokeage!)...such a pity to have to say bye-bye to a MairzyDozy fork!

Greenhousegirl
February 6th, 2013, 06:51 AM
Sarahlabyrinth and bekstamonkey that might be a good idea. I just don't know how to do it myself. :( and it's been sitting collecting dust for about a year and a half now. I think I will leave this open until I figure out how to get it resized or until someone becomes interested in it and has something I am willing to trade it for.

Seeshami
February 6th, 2013, 08:20 AM
Wire cutters and heavy duty sand paper are the key!

PrincessBob
February 6th, 2013, 09:41 AM
Will MD do it for you? drop them a line. In my experience with hairtoy creators, they will often customize even after purchase for a small fee.

DancingQueen
February 6th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Oh no... I just went to their site, and I can already tell this is going to be expensive for me... Everything is just beautiful! :thud:

Unfortunately, I have nothing I can trade with. I do have one beautiful hair fork, but it was a gift from my little brother, so that is not going anywhere. I agree with trying to fix the problem, it would be a shame to trade such a beautiful fork. :)

Greenhousegirl
February 6th, 2013, 06:55 PM
Ok, well. <.< >.> <.<
SURPRISE! MD said she would resize it for me for free.... So.... since no one had a trade... I guess I will have my beauty resized rather than traded. Either situation results in me having a useable item.

bekstamonkey
February 10th, 2013, 02:57 AM
Ok, well. <.< >.> <.<
SURPRISE! MD said she would resize it for me for free.... So.... since no one had a trade... I guess I will have my beauty resized rather than traded. Either situation results in me having a useable item.

Yay! Congrats! The MD ladies are so accommodating in my experience, too :)

Wildcat Diva
February 10th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Well that's just cool!