PDA

View Full Version : 3 Month Length Comparison

mzBANGBANG
February 5th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I got a major trim in November, and it grew back for FebruHairy.

The first picture is November, top of bra strap (freshly blow dried by the stylist, she was lovely). The second one is sopping wet with coconut oil and doesn't compare in condition, but I wanted to show how much length I got. There's also a slight color change, out of boredom. I do that about once twice a year.

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/caslpierce/Photoon11-25-12at1217PM.jpg

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad238/caslpierce/VIDEO0003_0000000780-1_zps6ffaddfa.jpg

I need to do some trouble shooting. I had great results with prenatals up until I quit coffee this month. I've been finding my hair in chunks, shed everywhere, and seem to pull out chunks when I finger comb. To me it feels like it is getting thinner, but in November, the stylist reassured me it was very thick. Regardless, I am finding more shed and it's either a) more stress b) less coffee or c) less coffee is causing more stress and I should start drinking coffee again :)

Does anyone know is anemia is related to shed hair? I could google it, but it just came to mind so I thought I would ask here. I've had someone tell me I might be anemic based on a few characteristics I had, but I haven't looked into it yet.

Happy growing, y'all!

HairFaerie
February 5th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Very pretty! I love your hemline and the color too, so shiny!

Yes, anemia is a big culprit for hair loss/shedding. See a Dr. if you suspect this might be a possibility.

hippie girl
February 5th, 2013, 12:32 PM
Drink more coffee!

Love my coffee. I never see any reason to say no to a cup of coffee. Nor should you! It seems to agree with you, and your hair. :)

hippie girl
February 5th, 2013, 12:33 PM
In fact, I got up to pour one just now but stopped at the computer to check the board and saw your thread. Now, on to the coffee.

lapushka
February 5th, 2013, 12:34 PM
It grew a lot! I agree with HairFaerie, go see a Dr. if you're worried about low iron (more common than you think) or possible anemia (this is serious).

Khristopher
February 5th, 2013, 01:09 PM
The color in your first pic... :thudpile: gorgeous! I feel the same with coffee, I want to drink less but... it's oh so delicious! And yes, anemia can cause hair loss, go for a doctor's opinion on this.

jojo
February 5th, 2013, 04:06 PM
Beautiful growth, yes anaemia does make hair shed, with net through a huge shed the end of last year for that very reason! I now take hema plex to keep my levels at their optimum!

mzBANGBANG
February 5th, 2013, 06:38 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! I have some iron tablets that I am going to start taking as a precaution. I do need to schedule a doctor's appointment for a physical.

Allychan
February 5th, 2013, 09:23 PM
Maybe you're having caffeine withdrawal? And that's stressing your body out and contributing to the shedding?

Mandie
February 5th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone for the info! I have some iron tablets that I am going to start taking as a precaution. I do need to schedule a doctor's appointment for a physical.

I wouldn't take them without finding out if you actually have low iron. Supplementing when you don't need to supplement can do more harm than good. If you mention your concern about anemia to your doctor I'm sure they'll send you right in for a blood test, I would strongly suggest doing it.

Your hair is gorgeous! Lots of length quickly, jealous!

SugarPlumDreams
February 5th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Wow! Incredible growth!

I'm sorry you are suffering shedding. I don't have any words of advice.

Angelica
February 6th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Lack of calcium is also a common problem. So get that checked out as well if you are worried. Hair and nails are made of the same thing. So if you have weak nails, it's good to check it out. Be careful with iron. I'd suggest a multi-vitamin containing iron. Or you could just eat some plain chocolate that has lots of iron in it. Iron can cause havoc with your stomach, make you feel sick and constipated. Not a nice feeling.

Angelica
February 6th, 2013, 12:27 PM
Sorry should have added you have lovely hair. Love the growth rate, and the colour in the first photo is fabulous :)