PDA

View Full Version : Wall of hair.

Aliped
February 4th, 2013, 12:41 PM
I found this a bit creepy, its an article with a video showing a wall of hair formed by women lying on shelves of scaffolding and letting their hair flow down forming a wall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/21/andres-bedoya-from-ultra-madre_n_1291637.html

Although I think the video is only creepy because of the music....

Redhead Rebel
February 4th, 2013, 01:06 PM
I think its cool idea, but yes it does seem a bit creepy. It makes me think of a really strange Morgue. (I had no spreakers so didn't hear the music)

Unofficial_Rose
February 4th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I think it's decidedly creepy but I think that's the use of floating heads.:bigeyes:

HairFaerie
February 4th, 2013, 01:47 PM
That was pretty wild! It was a bit strange to see the hair seem "disembodied" and forming a larger whole. A bit disconcerting but very cool nonetheless! Thanks for sharing that!

Charybdis
February 4th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Very beautiful! I really appreciate the way you can see the artist treating the women's hair with great respect in the video.

SnowWhite
February 4th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Creepy but cool!

Nebulae
February 4th, 2013, 02:43 PM
I think quite beautiful, at the same time as it is slightly creepy.. cool!

melusine963
February 4th, 2013, 02:44 PM
It's hard to pin down what makes this picture creepy to me. I think it has something to do with the architecture and setting. That said, it's also fascinating.

PrincessLocks
February 4th, 2013, 02:47 PM
My childish mind imagined somebody sliding down a ladder and brushing all of the hair with one big brush. :bounce::lol:

BrightEyes
February 4th, 2013, 02:48 PM
It makes me think of a really strange Morgue.

That's what I thought too. It was cool though, in a creepy kind of way. Thanks for sharing!

Madora
February 4th, 2013, 02:54 PM
Thank you for the link, Aliped. That certainly is different! But I think the "music" leaves a lot to be desired. Beautiful hair like that should have music to match.

Scarlet_Heart
February 4th, 2013, 03:16 PM
I didn't find it "creepy." More just... strange. It just raises the question, "why?" :suspect:

raej
February 4th, 2013, 06:24 PM
Creepy indeed! Reminds me of that movie "The Ring" from a few years ago. You know, the one with the little girl with the long hair in her face...

savannahlove
February 4th, 2013, 06:27 PM
The music and the way it was filmed made it seem absolutely terrifying!

Ligeia_13
February 4th, 2013, 08:42 PM
^ Yes, it's that ominous drone that gets me, why would you put that in there?

trolleypup
February 4th, 2013, 09:16 PM
It's soooo short!

jacqueline101
February 4th, 2013, 09:46 PM
It's a bit different.

WaitingSoLong
February 5th, 2013, 06:18 AM
So all the women had basically the same length of hair. hmm.

I did not find this appealing on any level, not artistically nor as a lover of hair. I think a sketched or painted rendition would have a more profound effect.

The music was more like just "sound effects".

Angelica
February 5th, 2013, 11:25 AM
And what purpose did this achieve? Their hair is beautiful of course and in brilliant condition, but nowhere near the longest hair I have seen. The music was eerie, I don't even think it could be classed as music, some sort of horror sound effects. Very bizarre. But harmless I guess :)

hippie girl
February 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
It's art. There need not be a "why?".

Not particularly my taste, but that is okay.

As far as the hair goes, I would not have wanted to be one of the women on the bottom row. Too much floor drag.

Nor one of the women at ""reach out and pet me" level. Too much chance to get caught on someones cuff buttons, or the like.

Actually, I'd not do well in an installation like this at all.
Knowing my hair and it's ability to tangle, especially in the slightest wind, I'd end up permanently tangled to someone several heads away. :rolleyes:

maborosi
February 5th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I think it's decidedly creepy but I think that's the use of floating heads.:bigeyes:

This pretty much! It's super cool, but the heads are probably what make it a bit creepy/bizarre for me! :P

~maborosi~

neko_kawaii
February 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I suppose this is why so many museums affix essays next to the art work.

Very neat!

hippie girl
February 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
I actually love the artists drawing.

If this had been my work, I'd have packed twice as many people in there. As close as they could be, then told everyone to move closer.

WaitingSoLong
February 5th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Yes I agree the wall was too...threadbare (not enough hair) to achieve a true wall effect.

And most art is NOT TO BE TOUCHED so I would not have worried about people touching. It was obvious he carefully arranged each woman's hair.

hippie girl
February 5th, 2013, 12:07 PM
yes, i agree art is generally meant not to be touched.

But in this case, I imagine that most of us here (if approached to participate) would be like "Sorry, can't take the risk! You know someone is going to try and pet us!" :)

ghost
February 5th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Very eerie and cool, I would love to have seen it in person. I liked the music used in the video, too.

Coolcombination
February 5th, 2013, 04:10 PM
To me its seems like corpses stacked on top of each other :uhh: :hatchet:

Sarahlabyrinth
February 6th, 2013, 03:31 PM
It makes me think of a morgue with the bodies stacked in rows. I think blonde hair would have shown up better. I did find it pretty creepy!

beryl
February 6th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Their hair looked healthy, but I didn't like it. It made me think of scalping...:(

CurlyCurves
February 6th, 2013, 05:16 PM
Lmao, slightly creepy, yes. They have gorgeous hair though.

MaryO
February 7th, 2013, 01:05 AM
So weird- all the reactions are really creepy but cool. Mine is the same! Hair on a head= cool/ hair on a head you can't really see the body of= creepy!

I wonder what they were thinking about when lying like that...

Scarlet_Heart
February 9th, 2013, 12:33 PM
I didn't find it "creepy." More just... strange. It just raises the question, "why?" :suspect:

It's art. There need not be a "why?".

Not particularly my taste, but that is okay.

Lol, I guess I'm just one of those people who doesn't "get" certain kinds of art.

DarkCurls
February 9th, 2013, 12:49 PM
They have very pretty hair and lovely waves, but the music positively creeped me out. That video was scary.

whitedove
February 9th, 2013, 03:18 PM
I wonder if he will try using dyed haired next time and make a stain glass effect :)

katiebeans
February 9th, 2013, 04:10 PM
I wonder if he will try using dyed haired next time and make a stain glass effect :)

Haha, what a clever idea. I love stained glass.

I find the music as creepy as the rest of you. This reminded me of something out of the Adam's Family :o

Yozhik
February 9th, 2013, 04:13 PM
Cool photos and interesting idea. I actually like how (fairly) uniform the hair was -- beautiful black hair in braidwaves! :heart: I especially liked how it looked with the sun going through the windows and hitting some of the heads of hair.

As for the music, I agree that it was a bit much.

makeminea99
February 9th, 2013, 04:59 PM
I can't help it, I'm half Yorkshirewoman: I kept thinking, 'ooh, it'd be a nightmare if you had a sneezing fit wouldn't it?' ;-)