PDA

View Full Version : WHOA- major stopped up bathtub w/ aritha powder...HELP!

Bethmc
February 3rd, 2013, 01:20 PM
Ok, so I got the bright idea to use aritha (soap nut) powder in my hair as a paste. When I went to rinse it out in the shower, it of course turned to mud and stopped up the tub. Finally got it all cleaned up, but what am I going to do when I henndigo my hair soon? I was having my hairdresser apply it but she doesn't want to anymore (due to the smell she says). Any ideas on how to rinse it out?

Aliped
February 3rd, 2013, 01:29 PM
I had the same problem when I henndigoed just before Christmass. I thought I had wrecked the drains. I finally got rid of the blockage with a lot of plunging over several days. I definitely cannot rinse henna or indigo off in my tub ever again. What I am planning to do is buy a bucket and rinse into the bucket (putting the bucket in the tub). Then empty the bucket with the mud in it into the toilet. I imagine this will make a drippy mess between the tub and the toilet, so I'll have to put paper down. That's the only solution I can think of for this problem, but I'll be following this thread...

GrowingGlory
February 3rd, 2013, 01:42 PM
Could you empty the bucket into the ground?

ratgirldjh
February 3rd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Use a bucket to soak your head first and wash off most of the paste. Then pour the bucket outside on some plants. Then you can rinse the rest out with your normal methods. Works great! Actually much better than expected :)

Kaelee
February 3rd, 2013, 01:50 PM
Cobra Zip-It is your friend (http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-00412BL-Zip-It-Cleaning/dp/B000BO9204). I see it even comes in multi-packs. :D

I use one of these every couple of months (every couple of henna-ings lol) and it works like a charm.

ETA: if there's a Lowes near you, they're like $2-3 there, not $5. I've never paid $5 for one.

lapushka
February 3rd, 2013, 04:49 PM
That's one of the reasons I dislike most natural products for hair - I always think of the damage they'd do to the drains.

littlestarface
February 3rd, 2013, 05:49 PM
I tried using aritha powder and omg it was terrible. My eyes got so burned it hurt to blink and it was so gritty to get that stuff in and out of my hair. It didnt even clean it either. i think I did it wrong:(

ravenreed
February 3rd, 2013, 05:55 PM
OMG yes. We use one of these at least every other month. I have even seen them at Walmart and Home Depot.

Cobra Zip-It is your friend (http://www.amazon.com/Cobra-Products-00412BL-Zip-It-Cleaning/dp/B000BO9204). I see it even comes in multi-packs. :D

I use one of these every couple of months (every couple of henna-ings lol) and it works like a charm.

ETA: if there's a Lowes near you, they're like $2-3 there, not $5. I've never paid $5 for one.

Kaelee
February 3rd, 2013, 07:44 PM
OMG yes. We use one of these at least every other month. I have even seen them at Walmart and Home Depot.

I love them. Even used one to clean out future SIL's bathtub drain when I stayed with her a few months ago. :D

Aliped
February 3rd, 2013, 08:20 PM

Yes, a 'zip it' is invaluable for removing hair! When my tub drain was plugged, I used the zip it and there was no hair within three feet of the drain, it was blocked by henna mud and the zip it doesn't help with that - you need a plunger.

Use a bucket to soak your head first and wash off most of the paste. Then pour the bucket outside on some plants. Then you can rinse the rest out with your normal methods. Works great! Actually much better than expected :)

That's a great idea Ratgirl! :) I'm going to try that next henndigo...