PDA

View Full Version : Hair length goal...possiblity?

Andrea H
February 3rd, 2013, 04:22 AM
Hey guys, been a while! So, after watching Lord of the Rings I've realized I want to reach waist length(is it waist or even further down?) by October. Reason being I'd like to cosplay(can't be the only cosplayer out there) Arwen and not have to buy extensions(though I might anyway just for volume/thickness purposes).

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/anniegurl89/newgoal_zps40755a31.jpg
Top pic is my current length. Wondering if you guys think it's a possibility it could at least be close to that length by October. I think I'm an inch or two away from length.

Mesmerise
February 3rd, 2013, 04:35 AM
To be honest, I think hers looks quite a bit past waist... probably TBL! I think it depends how fast your hair grows, how fast it will get there!

Andrea H
February 3rd, 2013, 04:38 AM
To be honest, I think hers looks quite a bit past waist... probably TBL! I think it depends how fast your hair grows, how fast it will get there!

Ah yeah good point. It's so hard to tell because everyone's length is different, for some MBL like mine could be a longer ways away. So confusing.

I think my hair grows about 5 1/2-6 inches a year? Still, fingers crossed I can get close to that length! Admittedly I'm just curious to see if my hair can actually grow that long.

wishywashy
February 3rd, 2013, 06:01 AM
you could be close! maybe not exactly her length, but longer than what you have now :) With the outfit and styling, most people would think your hair is about that length if they saw you.

GrowingGlory
February 3rd, 2013, 07:36 AM
Yes, I think that you can do it.

sparrowswing
February 3rd, 2013, 08:37 AM
I think you can get close enough by October that nobody will notice the difference. But I agree that Liv's wig is about TBL or at least hip on her.

And no, you're not the only one here who cosplays. I personally don't do much of it, but that's mostly because I'm too darned lazy to make the costumes. I've had 14 yards of pale green panne velvet stashed away for years waiting to become Arwen's coronation gown from RotK, as well as a few spools of wire and tons of beads waiting to become that circlet. I have patterns and plans-of-action and just about everything I need... except the motivation. And by the time I get around to it, I'll probably be a hennahead. But oh well.

jacqueline101
February 3rd, 2013, 08:38 AM
You never know until you try I think you can.

spidermom
February 3rd, 2013, 08:41 AM
I'd say her hair is a little past hip but not quite tailbone. I doubt your hair will be that long by Oct, but it will probably be close enough.

SugarPlumDreams
February 3rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
I think you could definitely be close if you average 1/2" per month. That's another 4" by October!

jojo
February 3rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Her hair looks hip length to me, your hair looks a little past bsl. Depending on how fast your hair grows, depends when you will get there you need to measure the distance of where you are now and how many inches it is until you reach the same length and then do the maths depending on your growth rate. If your an average 1/2" a month, your looking at nearer 2 years than 8 months im afraid. However, you will get there it takes time!

lapushka
February 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
I agree with spidermom, past hip but not quite TBL. I think it's because I'm at that length myself. You should be able to get to waist or thereabouts by October, IMO. And waist to TBL isn't that much of a difference - well, not that you'll notice for cosplaying reasons.

Andrea H
February 3rd, 2013, 07:43 PM
Okay, thanks guys! It will be weird to even be at waist length, my hair hasn't been that long in oh...14 years? At least.

kallarina
February 4th, 2013, 01:29 AM
I think she is at hip, she appears to be far enough above her bum to not quite be BCL, which would mean she wasn't at TBL either (I think). I'm calling it hip, and I think part of her hair looking the way it does is fairy tale ends. I would think if you only S and D between now and October, you could not only be close to her length, but have a bit of fairy taling going on too, which would replicate her hair a little better.
Obviously only do this if it is in the best interest of your hair, of course!