PDA

View Full Version : Mustard oil.....

sahiba
August 26th, 2008, 07:50 AM
How is it suppose to be for hair?

Aisha25
August 26th, 2008, 11:09 AM
It is good for hair in winter time as it is a warming oil.

ChloeDharma
August 26th, 2008, 03:33 PM
I tried this oil once recently-ish and started a thread on it on the old boards. I don't remember it doing much for my length, but i do remember about half an hour after i put it on my scalp i could taste it in my mouth which was vile.
I was also warned by one member that using it can increase testosterone which is why its often used by men......i have no idea how this works though but i stopped using it just in case.

Diamondbell
August 27th, 2008, 12:19 AM
I too have heard a lot about mustard oil and have been curious about it, but have never attempted oiling with it.:)

mira-chan
August 27th, 2008, 07:33 AM
I have it and use it as a last resort in the winter when scalp itching gets really bad. It's warming to say the least. I think you can get the same effect by putting cayenne pepper powder in the oil.

Aisha25
August 27th, 2008, 08:37 AM
Next time I go to the Indian shop I will pick me up some and try it out.

sahiba
August 27th, 2008, 08:40 AM
Let me know the results.:)

Zombiekins
August 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I have used it several times and found it to be kind of cool and/or tingly in my scalp. Chili oil is the one that was warming on my scalp. The smell of mustard oil isn't that great, but it's very light-weight and washes out easily.

I was also warned by one member that using it can increase testosterone which is why its often used by men......i have no idea how this works though but i stopped using it just in case.

That seems....strange. I'll definitely be looking into that more thoroughly. ;)