PDA

View Full Version : I was spotted in the wild!

Scarlet_Heart
February 2nd, 2013, 02:23 PM
I was with a friend at a mall in Massachusetts and a lovely longhair runs up behind me and says, "Excuse me, are you on the Long Hair Community Forums?" I had a Que Craft hairstick and a paranda (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91490&highlight=paranda) in my hennaed hair so I guess it wasn't a tough call. :p

Anyway I said "Omigosh, yes!" And she said, "I'm Angela_Rose" and I was so excited because I instantly recognized her! We had talked to each other a few times regarding meets in the area (I never made it to one though), as well as some more personal/family/life kinda stuff, and she had recently congratulated me on having my baby. I said, "I'm Scarlet_Heart!" And she recognized me too. :) It was so cool. I always thought it would be neat to meet someone that way whether I was the accoster or the accostee.

It was so awesome to meet you, Angela_Rose! My friend thinks we're a couple of nerds, though. Lol :laugh: We should get coffee or lunch sometime.

Zabethbartsch
February 2nd, 2013, 02:30 PM
This is so neat! I'm always hoping something like this will happen, but sadly I don't think I've ever seen any hairtoys IRL other than my own.

lapushka
February 2nd, 2013, 02:33 PM
Haha, good for you! So smooth. :thumbsup: You guys *should* go get coffee sometime! :D

Nae
February 2nd, 2013, 02:35 PM
Wow, that is awesome! Good eye Angela_Rose!!

Annibelle
February 2nd, 2013, 02:37 PM
That's so cool! :cheer:

patchoulilove
February 2nd, 2013, 02:47 PM
Awesome! :applause

jacqueline101
February 2nd, 2013, 03:17 PM
That's awesome.

Yozhik
February 2nd, 2013, 04:10 PM
That's amazing!

I also wish that would happen to me, or that I'd be brave enough to ask someone I see IRL if they belong to LHC. :)
Unfortunately, I usually wear my hair in a cinnabun held by a baerreis or ficcare, so I doubt I look immediately LHC-identifiable. :p

Also, I live in MA, too! :D

Rose Petal
February 2nd, 2013, 04:45 PM
Very Cool!

Natalia
February 2nd, 2013, 04:53 PM
So LUCKY :cheer:

DJgang
February 2nd, 2013, 04:58 PM
Oh how fun!!!

Angela_Rose
February 2nd, 2013, 05:18 PM
That was such a cool, if "vaguely creepy!!" way to meet a fellow LHCer! I'm so glad I recognised the off-the-norm hairdo!
Definitely we need to meet up!

EdG
February 2nd, 2013, 05:28 PM
Recognized by one's hair... that's awesome! :thumbsup:
Ed

Lostsoule77
February 2nd, 2013, 05:58 PM
That is so cool! I would love for that to happen! :D You guys definitely should meet up for coffee or whatever.

Maelyssa
February 2nd, 2013, 09:41 PM
That's absolutely awesome for you both. What a cool experience.

Quixii
February 2nd, 2013, 10:02 PM
That's so cool! :D

spirals
February 3rd, 2013, 02:43 AM
I love the title of the thread. I hope I get spotted sometime.

leslissocool
February 3rd, 2013, 02:46 AM
:D So cool!

Unzadi
February 3rd, 2013, 07:19 AM
How fun! Yes, you two should get coffee sometime...and report back to us. :cheer:

Dovetail
February 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
How cool! I'd love to spot someone around here :eye: I've seen a few girls with long hair, but none with an identifing hair style/piece that makes me go OMG LHC!

embee
February 3rd, 2013, 08:07 AM
Very neat! I've met a few of LHC members, but it was deliberate, not "in the wild". :)

Angela_Rose
February 3rd, 2013, 09:24 AM
That's amazing!

I also wish that would happen to me, or that I'd be brave enough to ask someone I see IRL if they belong to LHC. :)
Unfortunately, I usually wear my hair in a cinnabun held by a baerreis or ficcare, so I doubt I look immediately LHC-identifiable. :p

We're trying to cobble together a Meet up in Maine this late spring/early summer. Come play! There's even a train that goes from Boston right up to where we're meeting.
there's a thread about it over in the Community Meet Announcement section.

Colourful
February 3rd, 2013, 10:37 AM
So cool! :)

Naiadryade
February 3rd, 2013, 10:45 AM
That's so cool. I'm in MA too, but I doubt I'd ever be spotted since I'm still stuck at BSL... I'm going to check out that meet thread though, because oggling all you real long-hairs would be fun!

Beatnik Guy
February 3rd, 2013, 11:09 AM
Awesome. :)

Shepherdess
February 3rd, 2013, 12:15 PM
Wow, great story! ! !:D

I don't think that there is anyone where I live on LHC. But that would be such a cool experience if it ever happened! Thanks for sharing! ! :D

BrightEyes
February 3rd, 2013, 12:55 PM
That is so awesome! I've met one member in person and we have become good friends. She used to live close to me and we went out for lunch several times and I visited her at her house as well. But unfortunately for me, she recently moved. I miss her.

spidermom
February 3rd, 2013, 01:17 PM
Interesting! I think I'd be disturbed to be recognized in public from participating on a web site.

longNred
February 3rd, 2013, 04:39 PM
Wow, lots of MA ppl... Me too!

PraiseCheeses
February 3rd, 2013, 05:45 PM
Great story! Nice seeing some other MA LHCers pop up in this thread too. :) It would be so exciting to meet someone unplanned like that.

Hopefully this thread attracts more people to our upcoming meet!

Scarlet_Heart
February 3rd, 2013, 06:26 PM
Interesting! I think I'd be disturbed to be recognized in public from participating on a web site.

I'll admit it made me think twice about how I post on here (either for personal things I share or the heated debates I sometimes jump into). But I still think it's cool.

maborosi
February 3rd, 2013, 08:57 PM
Oh my gosh I've always wanted to have this happen, though sadly, I doubt it'll happen any time soon. I don't know if there are very many LHC'ers in my area.

~maborosi~

teal
February 3rd, 2013, 09:28 PM
Hehe, great story! Angela_rose thought so, too: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110401

browneyedsusan
February 4th, 2013, 05:47 AM
That is so neat!!! --I don't find it disturbing, though. The only time I've seen hairtoys or anything more complicated than a ponytail IRL is from mini-meets.-- I'm really outgoing, and will probably ask about a neat hairtoy or "complicated" updo if I ever see one in the wild.

It's unlikely that anyone will recognize me. My color is bright, but the "soccer mom" length blends right in with the crowd.

WaitingSoLong
February 4th, 2013, 10:51 AM
That's amazing!

If I ever saw a hair stick or ficcare in the wild I would definitely ask them about TLHC.

I have yet to ask anyone about TLHC either.

PixxieStix
February 4th, 2013, 01:16 PM
I just LOVE this! Oh, how fun to meet another LHC member in the wild! Hopefully you two will get to grab that lunch, sounds like fun.

Sarahlabyrinth
February 4th, 2013, 03:24 PM
This would be so much fun! (To be recognised in the wild!) I wonder what "typical" LHC hairdo would be - maybe using a hairstick? I try to wear one mostly anyway.

GoldberryHair
February 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
Aw! I wish that'd happen to me!

Yozhik
February 4th, 2013, 08:57 PM
We're trying to cobble together a Meet up in Maine this late spring/early summer. Come play! There's even a train that goes from Boston right up to where we're meeting.

Thanks for cluing me in! I'll be sure to check out that meet-up thread! :D

If I ever saw a hair stick or ficcare in the wild I would definitely ask them about TLHC.

I have yet to ask anyone about TLHC either.

WSL, I thought ficcares were pretty unique to LHC, but then I excitedly asked one of my coworkers if she was wearing a ficcare (it turned out to be a fakkare), and she didn't even know what it was. :( I think because Nordstrom's stocks them, there are surprisingly more people who wear them without affiliation to this site, but maybe that was just where I was living at the time (Washington, DC).

Amapola
February 4th, 2013, 10:10 PM
Well - lesson learned! If you see someone with long hair, go up and say hi. It might be someone from LHC and think how cool that would be!

I would not find it disturbing to be recognized. I think it would be kind of fun. Are there some creepy people out there? Yeah. But I think the good people by far outweigh them. Chances are I'd run into one of the good ones and it would be really cool.

Angela_Rose
February 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM
I am constantly blathering on about LHC. My poor mother practixally had to drag me away from a gorgeous Indian lady once. She was about my age and had a knee-length braid.
:thudpile:

Scarlet_Heart, it is a good thing you *are* a member; otherwise I might have talked your ear off about this site!

MissDixie
February 7th, 2013, 06:49 AM

Okay I tried searching for the community meet announcement" and couldn't find it. Could you please give me the link?

Angela_Rose
February 7th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Here you go!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=106803

MissDixie
February 8th, 2013, 07:46 AM

Here you go!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=106803

oh fiddle sticks! I'm unable to view it!

Lightningfury
February 8th, 2013, 02:33 PM
That's awesome. I wonder sometimes when I see another long hair but I don't think I'd have the courage to approach them and ask.

Angela_Rose
February 8th, 2013, 03:47 PM
oh fiddle sticks! I'm unable to view it!
Oh, yeah, that part of the board is for members with 100+ posts. I should have mentioned that, but it has been a very long time since I had posted fewer than 100 times, so I forgot.
C'mon, 66 more posts from you amd you can come play over there!

SchnauzerMom
February 8th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Looks like the start of a great friendship.

Kelli Kat
February 8th, 2013, 04:46 PM
Very cool. I would love for that to happen to me, but I don't think there are very many LHCers in my town.

halfbakedtulip
February 8th, 2013, 05:42 PM
That is awesome! Where I live the majority of women have at least MBL hair. Most at waist or longer so unless they had a complicated updo, sticks etc... I wouldn't think to ask. I did see one lady one day with mid calf length hair and I so badly wanted to ask her if she belonged but I was in my car and thought it would probably be too creepy if I rolled up on her and shouted out my window :P

zift
February 8th, 2013, 06:47 PM
If I spot someone from the internet I'LL probably not approach unless I know them very well. I feel people might not enjoy being approached, I do this in daily life too. Unless people say hello, I never go say hi. I'm so unsocial:o

Kwantslonghair
February 10th, 2013, 12:44 PM
That is cool. I always ask if I see someone with long hair.