PDA

View Full Version : any opinions?

tweetylonghair
February 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
I was wondering.. I am noticing that I am thinning on directly on top and at temples.. I am 37. I have decided I am not going to bleach or color anymore. I havent since dec 2012 to try even things out. Sooooo I have been washing with Suave keratin shampoo and cond. ? Myhair feels wonderful and manageble..Soo my ? is Is the anything bad to using this all the time? can I use too much of the keratin? It's not a treatment its the sham and cond.. and thoughts on what I could do with the thinning aspect.. Monistat hasnt done anything. I feel like Im rambling but I am just spilling my thoughts and wanting opinions.. thank you LHC

jillosity
February 2nd, 2013, 03:01 PM
sounds like it could be PCOS polycystic ovarian syndrome, male pattern hair loss is a symptom of it, along with type 2 diabetes, skin tags, irregular periods. It sounds a bit scary, but herbs and dietary changes can make big improvements in symptoms and your overall health. Lots of reading and research will be required, doctors will often simply prescribe Metformin and/or birth control, which doesn't heal anything, so depending on how much your doctor knows, you will most likely need to know more than her/him to truly help yourself heal.

Good luck!

Lostsoule77
February 2nd, 2013, 06:19 PM
I have no idea on the shampoo/conditioner. On the hair loss I'd suggest getting complete blood work done by your doctor to make sure it's not a medical issue.

DarleneH
February 3rd, 2013, 01:15 AM
I had that happen when I switched to the Depo Provera birth control shot. When I went off it and back on Yasmin, it corrected.

woolyleprechaun
February 3rd, 2013, 01:36 AM
I second the above opinions; Rule out health problems first! I couldn't see how your shampoo and conditioner could be causing thinning, I think that would be a pretty rare occourance. Perhaps you could try castor oil on the thinning bits? It does seem to work. Also, you may want to assess your hairstyle. How do you wear it? Is it up every day? If you keep tying it up in roughly the same updo, you may well be experiencing a spot of traction alopecia. Alternating your parting and the position of your updo may help with that :)

spirals
February 3rd, 2013, 02:18 AM
I was starting to thin in those areas until I gave up shampoo for castile soap. It's coming back in. I still get itchy scalp on top, but citric acid rinse helps with that.