PDA

View Full Version : Beard "velcro" issue

miss_asimov
February 2nd, 2013, 07:41 AM
Hi girls,

I couldn't find a thread about this anywhere and it might be a weird question, but here goes: I've recently started going out with a guy with an amazing bear, all lovely and thick and curly (just like his hair). The problem is that when I snuggle up to him at night, the back of my head rests against the beard and it seems to pretty much have a velcro effect on 1bMii my hair. I wake up to find the back of my head completely matted and in need of careful detangling. I've tried a bun, an English braid, a French braid, two English braids... it all ends the same. Does anyone have the same problem? Does anyone know how to avoid this short of a. not snuggling or b. wearing a night cap? ^^

thanks! :)

Kelikea
February 2nd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Have you tried oiling his beard? Sometimes we oil and BBB my HB's beard.

miss_asimov
February 2nd, 2013, 07:55 AM
that's a thought! I might have to persuade him ^^

Zesty
February 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
I love DBF's beard! I recently got him to start using conditioner on it and it's made it softer and less catch-y, maybe that could help? I don't know how coarse and/or dry his beard hairs are though (DBF was getting split ends in his beard... lol).

miss_asimov
February 2nd, 2013, 09:12 AM
I've not checked for those, but it is pretty coarse ^^ he has very wiry, 3b/3c C iii hair and the beard follows suit. Sounds like I'll have to persuade him to do some beard TLC.

Panth
February 2nd, 2013, 03:06 PM
This is why I wear a silk 'hair stocking' when sleeping...

MeganE
February 2nd, 2013, 03:21 PM
If it's long enough, what about french braiding it from one side of his face to the other, to help keep his hairs secure away from yours? Would be he be open to that? I know it can work, I've done it on a long beard before. Ended up bunning the end though, rather than leaving the braid out.

miss_asimov
February 2nd, 2013, 04:57 PM
If it's long enough, what about french braiding it from one side of his face to the other, to help keep his hairs secure away from yours? Would be he be open to that? I know it can work, I've done it on a long beard before. Ended up bunning the end though, rather than leaving the braid out.

I *love* that idea ^^ It's nowhere near long enough for that. Only about an inch to an inch and a half. I'm sure he'd be open to that though.