PDA

View Full Version : I did it !!!! My new hair ......

UltraBella
February 1st, 2013, 11:02 PM
Hi !! So, I didn't chicken out. I cut it ! I'd call this a shag of sorts, I like it. You can view my hair as it evolved to this cut, what I wanted and what I changed my mind to in this thread here : http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=110352

Here's my after shots. Some are blurry, bad "cell phone in bathroom" shots, lol. This haircut makes me feel younger than 37, which I am about to be.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/fb5244856beab9bf5db537faa2b58906_zps3f37af4c.jpg

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/169d06b9a7676e63f1a79488fc30cb29_zpsfe422b3b.jpg

With my natural texture and air dried, with a dab of coconut oil.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/67dc42db7cab299f3e431665b510e81a_zpsef31446c.jpg

I flipped my head upside down, shook my head about and prayed it would fall into a semi presentable hairdo. It's windy where I live, so it has to be easy to manage and presentable while imperfect, I think it passed the test quite well :)

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/20728c8ac614658671c51c81a3cacb73_zps944a5e02.jpg

jennafrogg
February 1st, 2013, 11:07 PM
Love it! Especially the picture of the air dried natural texture .

Oldfashioned
February 1st, 2013, 11:08 PM
Very nice!!!! Looks great on you!:applause

Seeshami
February 1st, 2013, 11:10 PM
It looks good!! You still have your amazing signature curls. :heartbeat

Wildcat Diva
February 1st, 2013, 11:13 PM
It's beautiful! Hard to go wrong with your face and hair, really!

Joliebaby
February 1st, 2013, 11:13 PM
It looks great and you look happy! And young ;)
I like the last picture best, it's perfect.

OUKess
February 1st, 2013, 11:28 PM
Looks Great!!! If you like that's what counts!!!!

Khristopher
February 1st, 2013, 11:32 PM
The last pic is adorable! A love those fluffy curls:bounce: Congrats on your haircut!

Quixii
February 1st, 2013, 11:34 PM
It looks great, and you do look youthful! But mostly I'm glad you're so happy with it. :)

P.S. How ya been doin'? I haven't seen you around in a while!

spirals
February 1st, 2013, 11:35 PM
It's really cute.

MaryO
February 2nd, 2013, 12:37 AM
Beautiful! :blossom:

Lostsoule77
February 2nd, 2013, 01:02 AM
Looks really good! Though could any cut look bad with your gorgeous hair & face? LOL

I hate to say it, but I think I still like you better with the longer hair. :rolleyes:

UltraBella
February 2nd, 2013, 01:02 AM
So, now that I've played with it all night, I pinned the back up to mimic the A-Line cut I originally wanted. Man, I really like it. I may cut it again. I think it would be really fun.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/01635e3419d3283143ecfafd76c70cb5_zpsd744c08b.jpg

ghost
February 2nd, 2013, 01:25 AM
Very cute style, looks great with your texture.

SleepyTangles
February 2nd, 2013, 03:42 AM
So pretty!! Before cutting again I would recommend you to enjoy it a bit longer, because it's adorable! And bangs suits you.

RavenBaby
February 2nd, 2013, 03:48 AM
so youthful :D I love it

LadyCelestina
February 2nd, 2013, 04:05 AM
It looks okay and the structure of the style compliments your natural texture really well.Also,I love your scarf in the first two pics! ETA: Okay,all four pics,just didn't notice it against the orange jacket as much :D

woolyleprechaun
February 2nd, 2013, 04:07 AM
Very pretty! Of course, I do prefer your hair long. I prefer everybody's hair long ;)
Suits you down to the ground :)

kidari
February 2nd, 2013, 04:09 AM
So happy that you love your new hair! You're so gorgeous that nearly any hairdo will look great on you. Also, happy early birthday!

oktobergoud
February 2nd, 2013, 04:20 AM
What a difference! I really like it :D

shutterpillar
February 2nd, 2013, 07:15 AM
Very very pretty!

jacqueline101
February 2nd, 2013, 07:42 AM
I love it.

Kelikea
February 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
It looks amazing, or rather, you look amazing with that cut! I also love your indigo outfit!

HairFaerie
February 2nd, 2013, 07:57 AM
Awesome! It came out beautifully! :cool:

rock007junkie
February 2nd, 2013, 08:45 AM
The layers look great with your new cut

briles
February 2nd, 2013, 08:52 AM
It is so pretty!

spidermom
February 2nd, 2013, 09:16 AM
So pretty! I kind of wish I were going for something new, but I'll stick with a small trim for now.

lunalocks
February 2nd, 2013, 09:19 AM
Your hair is amazing, and you like you're 20!

lapushka
February 2nd, 2013, 09:20 AM
It's kinda short and you seem to go shorter each time, but it's nice. I like it. :D

jojo
February 2nd, 2013, 09:30 AM
That is a wonderful style and cut, it suits you lovely.

Cupofmilk
February 2nd, 2013, 10:03 AM
You could pass for 25 - great hair cut.

SugarPlumDreams
February 2nd, 2013, 10:05 AM
So lovely! The cut is fresh and modern and the bangs frame your face perfectly!

BrightEyes
February 2nd, 2013, 10:11 AM
It looks great! I love your bangs :)

wishywashy
February 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
Looks Great!! :blossom:

GrowingOut
February 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
This suits you, but then again, you're always gorgeous!

Lyv
February 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Very pretty! I loooove your air dried picture!

wendylai
February 2nd, 2013, 10:45 AM
Really nice haircut! I think you have a hair texture that is handy with many diffrent lenghts :)

leslissocool
February 2nd, 2013, 10:49 AM
Look great! LOVE the natural texture one and the last one :D.

dulce
February 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
It looks so bouncy! Really nice..

PixieKitten
February 2nd, 2013, 02:45 PM
Oh my gosh, you look absolutely stunning! It suits you so well, and I'm glad you're happy with it!

Angelica
February 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
You look really nice and your hair is gorgeous. Although I have to admit I am sad you cut it, it was so long and wonderful. I preferred the longer look :( Sorry.

Kaelee
February 2nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Awesome!!! I really like the one with your natural texture! And also the last pic!!!

Rose Petal
February 2nd, 2013, 04:48 PM
Very funky.

UltraBella
February 2nd, 2013, 06:58 PM
You look really nice and your hair is gorgeous. Although I have to admit I am sad you cut it, it was so long and wonderful. I preferred the longer look :( Sorry.

It's okay if you don't prefer it, I know lots of people who can't believe I cut it and wished I wouldn't have. That's okay :) What matters is that I no longer wish to have long hair, I'm just completely over it and I'm really enjoying not having it.

Cania
February 2nd, 2013, 07:14 PM
Beautiful... as usual! I swear, you're one of my hair idols :P

littlestarface
February 2nd, 2013, 07:15 PM
It's okay if you don't prefer it, I know lots of people who can't believe I cut it and wished I wouldn't have. That's okay :) What matters is that I no longer wish to have long hair, I'm just completely over it and I'm really enjoying not having it.

You dont like long hair?

Mrsbaybeegurl
February 2nd, 2013, 07:34 PM
You dont like long hair?

Not trying to speak for Ultrabella, but I think she just means she's over her own long hair, kind of how many of us who have had short hair for a while are over it and want something new. I doubt anyone, especially Ultrabella would deny the beauty of long flowing locks, after all she had some rocking amazing long locks, but she's prob ready for a change for herself and like so many others have said she can rock both short hair and long and still be beautiful!

Am I personally sad to see she cut it, a tad, considering I was borderline jealous of the awesomeness of her thudworthy hair lol ...but my happiness for her new found love with her style outweighs all that. We can be slightly partial to long hair here, but as of right now, she's still rocking what 90% of the world would consider long hair and she's glowing!!

Calaelen
February 2nd, 2013, 08:13 PM
Beautiful! But you'd have to try pretty hard if you wanted to look anything but. I too love the look of the cut with your natural texture. And you're looking MUCH younger than 37 :)

rowie
February 2nd, 2013, 08:46 PM
You look stunning with this new look! You are so lucky you can get away with such fabulous styles. As a guy, I had a hard time at the shorter lengths cause my hair texture is somewhat similar to yours, but I just didn't have the desire to style it and hence it was always in a bandanna cause I was not happy with my hair texture at the shorter lengths. Although the longer my hair gets the better I feel about my own texture. Now my hair is always in a bun and I enjoy the easy maintenance. It's a good thing you are a stylist and can really pull off the maintenance. Thanks for the update! It is such a pleasure to read your posts. :blossom:

turtlelover
February 2nd, 2013, 08:50 PM

It is pretty much a given that a lot of people are going to be sad if you have beautiful long hair, and then you chop it off and post pictures HERE of all places. It isn't exactly a neutral and unbiased group of people! I liked your super long hair best, but I honestly and truly do think that this is a nice cut on you. I also think it is still long enough to fall in the "pretty" category and not just the "cute" category. What matters in the end is that YOU like it.

McFearless
February 2nd, 2013, 09:37 PM
You have a great natural texture. I like the asymmetrical style you faked with pins too. It looks like you have blue highlights in that pic!

UltraBella
February 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
You dont like long hair?

On myself, no, not anymore. I admire it on others.

Not trying to speak for Ultrabella, but I think she just means she's over her own long hair, kind of how many of us who have had short hair for a while are over it and want something new. I doubt anyone, especially Ultrabella would deny the beauty of long flowing locks, after all she had some rocking amazing long locks, but she's prob ready for a change for herself and like so many others have said she can rock both short hair and long and still be beautiful!

Am I personally sad to see she cut it, a tad, considering I was borderline jealous of the awesomeness of her thudworthy hair lol ...but my happiness for her new found love with her style outweighs all that. We can be slightly partial to long hair here, but as of right now, she's still rocking what 90% of the world would consider long hair and she's glowing!!

Yes, this. You know, for quite a while I didn't cut it just because other people didn't want me to. I needed to realize that the only person who had to wear it, take care of it and enjoy it was myself. And I have no desire to grow it longer. Maybe some day I'll change my mind but for right now, I feel like this was the best change possible.

You look stunning with this new look! You are so lucky you can get away with such fabulous styles. As a guy, I had a hard time at the shorter lengths cause my hair texture is somewhat similar to yours, but I just didn't have the desire to style it and hence it was always in a bandanna cause I was not happy with my hair texture at the shorter lengths. Although the longer my hair gets the better I feel about my own texture. Now my hair is always in a bun and I enjoy the easy maintenance. It's a good thing you are a stylist and can really pull off the maintenance. Thanks for the update! It is such a pleasure to read your posts. :blossom:

I bet it definitely is a different experience growing your hair long as a guy. Good for you ! I'm glad to hear you like your natural texture better and better. I'm feeling the same way, just going the opposite way in length ! As for maintenance, I rolled out of bed this morning and I think it took longer to toast my bagel than style my hair. It was awesome. It just fell in to place like a dream - I pulled the length into a french twist and my bangs and face framing layers helped me look stylish with no effort. I was tickled pink with it :)

It is pretty much a given that a lot of people are going to be sad if you have beautiful long hair, and then you chop it off and post pictures HERE of all places. It isn't exactly a neutral and unbiased group of people! I liked your super long hair best, but I honestly and truly do think that this is a nice cut on you. I also think it is still long enough to fall in the "pretty" category and not just the "cute" category. What matters in the end is that YOU like it.

I like posting it here because although the majority of members are growing long, some change their mind and that's okay - and it deserves to be supported. Also, many here are no where near their goal, some have quite short hair and it's easy to get caught up in being so far from your goal that you forget to enjoy the hair you have NOW. Maybe someone will see this and realize that their hair is worth celebrating no matter what it's length is.

I was going for a cute and fun look yesterday but I think I could just as easily have it be a sexy look instead. It definitely felt pretty today :)

Maelyssa
February 2nd, 2013, 09:39 PM
Wow what a difference! And yes, it absolutely makes you look younger.

jeanniet
February 3rd, 2013, 12:50 AM
It turned out very nicely, and I think you're going to really enjoy the freedom of having it shorter. I think many of the newer members may not realize how much hair you actually have, and how difficult it was for you to have it long (hip length). My hair is thick enough, and if I remember correctly you have considerably more thickness than I do, so I can definitely understand you wanting less weight and volume. Enjoy your new 'do!

Luminaria
February 3rd, 2013, 12:54 AM
Your hair looks youthful and carefree. It suits your face well :)

littlestarface
February 3rd, 2013, 01:41 AM
On myself, no, not anymore. I admire it on others.:)

ah okay I see,thank you:)

btw I love your new cut it looks lovely on you!

Falcore
February 3rd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Your hair is breathtaking and one of the best heads of hair on LHC! So happy to hear you love your cut. :)

longNred
February 3rd, 2013, 04:47 PM
I was dying to see what you chose! So lovely! I saw the first thread, but didn't comment, just wanted to sit back and see what you decided on.... Great choice! Looks very nice on you! Enjoy it!

pocketsmall
February 3rd, 2013, 07:13 PM
Wow! I LOVE your bangs so much.

leslissocool
February 4th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Wow! I LOVE your bangs so much.

Yes, I really like how you look with bangs vs no bangs. You have an amazing high forehead and bangs just frame your face highlight your eyes and show off your mouth,I like that. Bangs look quite awful on me because of my tiny forehead.

imaroo
February 4th, 2013, 08:13 AM
I think it all looks absolutely gorgeous. Long, short, styled, and air dried. I have to say that I'm trying like mad to grow mine out long, but I'd rather have your "short" hair than my own at any length! Mostly because of the versatility of your hair type and the fact that all lengths look good on you.

I like posting it here because although the majority of members are growing long, some change their mind and that's okay - and it deserves to be supported. Also, many here are no where near their goal, some have quite short hair and it's easy to get caught up in being so far from your goal that you forget to enjoy the hair you have NOW. Maybe someone will see this and realize that their hair is worth celebrating no matter what it's length is.

I think that's a great sentiment. This forum is technically about long hair, but to me it seems to be just as much about learning to take care of what you have. I also agree with the poster who said that your hair would be considered long by 90% of the population. At least where I am that's true.

Aeris
February 4th, 2013, 09:07 AM
The new cut looks gorgeous! The bangs compliment your eyes very well :)

DMARTINEZ
February 4th, 2013, 10:17 AM
I think it looks wonderful! Your hair is still long if you can put it in a french twist! :) I recently cut mine,and love the change,now not sure if Im growing again
or gonna have it cut again. But then i went alot shorter than you did and cant do a french twist,etc. Sigh...lol

Deb

Alexblue
February 4th, 2013, 05:56 PM
So pretty....and it suits your natural texture so well.

savannahlove
February 4th, 2013, 06:29 PM
I think it looks great! You're absolutely beautiful and your curls are gorgeous. :)

Cowgirl16
February 6th, 2013, 04:35 PM
The cut looks great Ultrabella!

Your hair does really good in a layered cut and it looks wonderful on you; 37 going on 27 ;)

CurlyCurves
February 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
You're one of my hair crushes. You have, like, hollywood hair, but it's natural.

RileyJane
February 6th, 2013, 06:49 PM
it looks great! i wish shorter hair complimented my face as well as it does yours :) congrats on getting a good cut that manages the weather too!

Evie
February 24th, 2013, 02:07 AM
UB this looks gorgeous....and lest we forget, outside of LHC your hair is still long ;)

joflakes
February 24th, 2013, 08:17 AM
It looks lovely!

SunlightShines
February 24th, 2013, 08:51 AM
I love your new cut. The layers look fantastic on you, and wind friendly hair is really a great bonus! :)

Peggy E.
February 24th, 2013, 09:32 AM
This style really brings out those huge, gorgeous eyes of yours! Very flattering and fun, while seeming to be very easy care. Glad you are happy with your decision - certainly seems to be an excellent one.

vanity_acefake
February 24th, 2013, 09:40 AM
Its fabulous. You and your hair look beautiful.

Fufu
February 24th, 2013, 01:10 PM
I'm totally in love with your hair.

It's been such a long time I visit this forum.

jesis
February 24th, 2013, 01:34 PM
It looks so good on you! But then, everything does. :)

UltraBella
February 25th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Thanks, everyone !!! I actually went back and had it cut even shorter, so it's angled now. The front is about 1.5 inches shorter, the back barely brushes my shoulders. Longest in front, shortest in back - I love it.
It has been weird not being able to put my hair in a bun, I slept in a bun for the last 8 years !

bradlea
February 25th, 2013, 08:06 AM
I'm incredibly jealous of your natural texture :] you wear it well!

1nuitblanche
February 25th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Beautiful hair, UltraBella!

share801
February 25th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Do we get a picture of the latest trim too? :)

UltraBella
February 26th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Do we get a picture of the latest trim too? :)

I'd be happy to take one when I get up in the morning. With this thread being started three weeks ago - I didn't think anyone would really see it if I posted one.

Quixii
February 26th, 2013, 12:35 AM
With this thread being started three weeks ago - I didn't think anyone would really see it if I posted one.
Silly UltraBella, don't you know LHC is always happy to look for and see pictures of your hair? :silly:

JCFantasy23
March 7th, 2013, 01:38 AM
I love it! Really bouncy, thick, and refreshing :)

Mooihaar
August 31st, 2016, 02:57 PM
So, now that I've played with it all night, I pinned the back up to mimic the A-Line cut I originally wanted. Man, I really like it. I may cut it again. I think it would be really fun.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/ac282/beyondbeauty76/01635e3419d3283143ecfafd76c70cb5_zpsd744c08b.jpg

That is a realy nice cute style!

spidermom
August 31st, 2016, 04:50 PM
Zombie thread died about 3 years ago.

A.D.
September 6th, 2016, 10:02 PM
Suits you well....but it's too bad you had to sacrifice the length...

Wildcat Diva
September 6th, 2016, 10:59 PM
This is an old thread. OP last activity January 2015.