PDA

View Full Version : Wow, my hair is longer than (insert name)'s!

winship2
February 1st, 2013, 09:44 PM
Hi everyone, I've been away from the forums for several months after staring a new job. Still growing my hair steadily, and I had a fun experience yesterday. I've always admired Caroline Dhavernas' hair in Wonderfalls (great show), and have been looking forward to hair as long as hers. So I was watching a back episode last night, and I realized that mine is now several inches longer than hers! How'd that happen?

So, this thread is for the experience of suddenly realizing that your hair has grown longer than that of someone whose hair inspired you to grow :)

MidnightMoon
February 1st, 2013, 09:47 PM
Well I have hair longer than Amy Lee from Evanescence, but Im kinda cheating since she had ~tailbone like 5 years ago, then she cut it to chin length, and now its around waist...and mine is longer, but not actually longer than the original length she had when I got inspired by her hair and attempted to have it as long as hers :P

LadyCelestina
February 2nd, 2013, 04:10 AM
... Than all my male friends ! :D

Mononoke
February 2nd, 2013, 05:10 AM
I know (personally, that is) only one girl whose hair is longer than mine (Her's is about TBL).

mzBANGBANG
February 2nd, 2013, 06:12 AM
I have longer or the same length hair as Fiona Apple. Her hair always looked so incredibly long to me before. But I think she hovers between bsl and mbl. She made we want to have long flowing natural hair.

When my hair is as long as Kail Lowry I will hopefully feel like its really long.

oktobergoud
February 2nd, 2013, 06:13 AM
Uhm.. it's longer than ehm.. I don't know??

... Than all my male friends ! :D

Ha, that's a good one! :D

jacqueline101
February 2nd, 2013, 07:51 AM
Mine is longer then my man.

Dorothy
February 2nd, 2013, 09:44 AM
My hair (at just past waist) is longer than any woman's I know, but not longer than 4 men I know. The computer guy and 3 homeless outreach workers at work. And I'm pretty sure all they do is wash, maybe condition, and never trim. And wear it down, never in updos OR braids, all the time. Probably that's why. All the longhaired women I know struggle with giving up heat and bleach. These dudes all have perfect hair - no visable splits, full, clean, wavy to straight, ALWAYS look freshly combed, though I've never seen any of them comb their hair. 3 of them have beards to match. Ah, my little hippie town in Kansas.

leslissocool
February 2nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
My hair is longer than men and women I know except for one, she's got like 3-6 inches on me.

beryl
February 5th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Well, I wanted hair like Rapunzel's (this was before Tangled), and I haven't grown hair longer than hers yet!:)

Rose Angel
February 5th, 2013, 05:19 AM
My hair is longer than my sister's!! She's been waist alll her life while I went fom short bobs to pixie cuts to shoulder length layered hairstyles! WOOHOO!!

Seeshami
February 5th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I thought it was and every one I personally know and spend time with.

jel
February 5th, 2013, 08:55 AM
My hair is longer than Eowyn's from LOTR! As well as Arwen's :) Almost the same length as Galadriel's...

Dovetail
February 5th, 2013, 09:26 AM
How fun! I can't wait to wake up one day and realize I've passed my inspiration.

I want to have hair as long as Venus in the paintings by Duval Eugene Emmanuel Amaury I don't think I'm there yet though.

However! I have passed up the female bartender where I work. We were about the same length and I was having a secret contest with her (I'm not sure she knew) to see if I could pass her up, and I have! But only by an inch or two.

jessa
February 5th, 2013, 07:59 PM
not really another person but my hair is now much longer than my extensions (havnt used them for 2 years now) :D