PDA

View Full Version : The worst thing about growing my hair out....

melwynnd
January 31st, 2013, 07:42 PM
Is that there is a six month stage when I look in the mirror and see.... my grandma!! I'm not kidding. I have curly hair and until it gets to about chin length it becomes a hairstyle a little old lady would pay for. It's also naturally a light reddish brown, which is the color my grandma always dyed hers. I dyed it a dark brown, which helps a little... Five and a half months to go. LOL

jennafrogg
January 31st, 2013, 08:03 PM
I feel ya, I'm nine/ten months into growing out my pixie. I'm just now starting to feel ok with now my hair looks. I don't ever want a pixie again!

SugarPlumDreams
January 31st, 2013, 08:58 PM
Hee hee! I totally know what you mean... I'm past grandma stage, but I feel like I have soccer-mom hair right now. Not. Cute.

jasper
January 31st, 2013, 09:25 PM
Yeah, for me it isn't my hair that makes me see my grandmother in the mirror. :grumble: :lol:

march_sun
January 31st, 2013, 09:37 PM
The worst thing about growing out my pixie was the "mullet stage"!

PixieKitten
February 1st, 2013, 01:58 AM
Hats are the answer here my friends. Invest in a hat for every occassion. I ended up with so many I had to put nails all over one of my walls to hang them up on! Even now I'm nearly at BSL, my hats remain my savior!
There's barely a single picture of me from pixie to shoulder without a hat on. It's like the short hair equivilent of tying it up and forgetting about it! :D

Coolcombination
February 1st, 2013, 02:20 AM
Lmao the worst thing about growing mine out was losing my curl pattern, at shoulder I was a solid 2c now I'm 2b freshly washed :(

MaryO
February 1st, 2013, 05:05 AM
I'm also on the soccer mom stage now- am definitely thinking about the hat option!

jacqueline101
February 1st, 2013, 05:40 AM
The worse thing for me is waiting on MLB I'm right at bsl. In between stages are worse.

melwynnd
February 1st, 2013, 07:47 AM
Yeah, for me it isn't my hair that makes me see my grandmother in the mirror. :grumble: :lol:

I'll admit I have a couple of other things going for me too... ;) But the hair REALLY brings out the old lady in me.

Nique1202
February 2nd, 2013, 05:04 AM
The worst for me is the length from just above shoulder to a couple of inches past, when all I can do with it is put it in a ponytail (which I really don't like to do very often) or leave it down (which I think looks awful on me until APL). I'm so glad for every quarter inch because it opens up more possibilities. I've resorted to practicing bun styles in miniature on the side of my head!

kitcatsmeow
February 2nd, 2013, 06:14 AM
layers. UGH. I'm almost to waist but my shortest layers are at shoulder/APL. grrrrr

oktobergoud
February 2nd, 2013, 06:24 AM
I've grown out my hair from one inch to collarbone-length (and hopefully longer! ;)) and it's definitely tough!! I feel you!! But once it's chin-length everything will be so much better :D

jojo
February 3rd, 2013, 04:20 AM
The worst part for me was from ears to shoulder length. My hair when short is very curly and it grows outwards before growing down; think crystal tips! Once it gets past my shoulders the curls turn to waves and the longer it gets the less wavy it gets, which suits me fine!

But yeah the triangle head stage drove me mad, never again!

SleepyTangles
February 3rd, 2013, 09:08 AM
When your hair is not still "heavy" enough to follow gravity... those awful ear/chin/not-quite-shoulder stages are the worst.

Zabethbartsch
February 3rd, 2013, 09:20 AM
I remember the mullet stage, and not so fondly :shake: I just trimmed and trimmed and trimmed... all the way from pixie until BSL (which took a LONG time because of all the trims). But not to worry! You WILL get there, and when you start realizing how much better your hair looks compared to that awful stage, it'll feel really good :)

spidermom
February 3rd, 2013, 09:25 AM
For me, the worst thing is the split ends. I hate them!

woolyleprechaun
February 3rd, 2013, 09:43 AM
Haha! For me, anything shorter than shoulder is nan stage. I never even thought I looked like my nan until I tried my first 'pixie' when I was about 13....uuuurrrgh.

BrightEyes
February 3rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
The worst part for me is getting past shoulder length. That length is so so so terrible! I've given in to too many impulsive urges to chop.

GrowingGlory
February 3rd, 2013, 01:58 PM
Now that my hair has been at its terminal length for over eight months, I sometimes would like to have the driest, most damaged part cut off. But I realize that I am viewing it through a hypercritical lens, so I summon up some patience and avoid the salon.