PDA

View Full Version : Let this be a lesson.......

Scarlett brooke
January 31st, 2013, 11:26 AM
Ok so iv been growing my hair for ages and started with the best intentions oiled it s and d deep condition let my awful natural colour ( well majority) grow through and then I thought I spend all this time looking after it and I hate it!!!
Stuff it I'm going blonde so I did full head colour blonde,then toned it and I loved it felt great about myself and m hair and it felt so soft and shiny after the colour. Now 4 week later it's split damaged frizzy beyond belief, where I used to tie my hair up to protect I have to tie it up so I don't scare people iv even started to wear hats!
I'm so angry with myself for undoing all my hard work ( ok I haven't tried as hard as others) I jus thought I always mess with my hair and it's always been fine now it's died! It just all of a sudden has gone damaged and horrible might just have to bite the bullet and cut it off. I'm very nearly waist as well. Stupid me!

wishywashy
January 31st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Have you tried deep conditioning with Coconut Oil?? I've read on here that the bleach blonde ladies have had good results with lots of coconut oil.

jacqueline101
January 31st, 2013, 11:35 AM
I agree cocoanut oil is great.

mermaid-nina
January 31st, 2013, 11:37 AM
I'm afraid I have no advice, but didn't want to read your pain and no reply. Hopefully with some tlc you can get your hair back into great condition.

sarelis
January 31st, 2013, 11:51 AM
When I had a bleach disaster Aphogee 2step protein treatment saved my hair. You need to re-do it around every 6-8 weeks, and use a deep moisturising conditioner afterwards as it can be drying :)

Scarlett brooke
January 31st, 2013, 12:02 PM
Im just off to do a heavy coconut oiling overnight. If it's no better in one week I'm cutting it off. The top part is ok just about 6 inch of the ends. Oh well I just hope someone that wants to colour reads this and thinks twice! Thanks in advance for the helpful comments xxxxx

imaroo
January 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
Im just off to do a heavy coconut oiling overnight. If it's no better in one week I'm cutting it off. The top part is ok just about 6 inch of the ends. Oh well I just hope someone that wants to colour reads this and thinks twice! Thanks in advance for the helpful comments xxxxx

I will learn from your lesson. Yikes! I've been seriously tempted to color my hair, but now I don't think I will. Thank you for the reminder. I also agree that you should try Aphogee. I've heard some great things about it. It can't hurt to try, just make sure you follow the directions exactly. I've heard it can be tricky.

Scarlett brooke
January 31st, 2013, 02:43 PM
Yes your right it's worth a try can't do anymore damage it feels like my daughters doll head hair at the moment looks like it as well! I'm going to try and upload some pics of before and after so I can show you all I do love blonde hair but I wouldnt have wanted a years worth of growth to just snap off I'm thinking previous colours and general wear and tear have weakened the ends anyway and they have just finally given up after my all over high lift tint. The curl seems to have disappeared as well I'm wondering if it's just damage, when it was healthy it seemed to curl alot more than the bushy waves iv got now.

jeanniet
January 31st, 2013, 04:10 PM
I would definitely do a protein treatment with deep moisture treatment after. The bleach strips protein from your hair. Don't do the oiling first; do the protein. You may find that your hair is much improved afterward (just make sure to follow with moisture).

10000days
February 1st, 2013, 01:37 AM
Don't cut it off! Believe me, you can baby it back to health by keeping it moisturised (see the conditioner I mention below), using substances which make it stronger (coconut oil and cassia), and also micro trim now and then. I know because I've been there and done that. Recently, I bought a conditioner called something along the lines of "Henna (colourness) and Biotin" conditioner from Vitacost.com and it has significantly tamed my hair (I'm also a bleached blonde). Also, do a cassia treatment to strengthen your strands. Lastly, argan oil is AMAZING for my hair. I use the 'light' argan oil by "Moroccanoil" on my damp hair and it's fantastic; when I run out of that one I'm going to try the 100% natural argan oil- I'm not the biggest enthusiast of paying for marketing. Anyway- don't stress! :) If you love yourself that little bit more when you're blonde, then keep it like that!

kidari
February 1st, 2013, 03:07 AM
Don't cut it off so soon! Research caring for bleach blonde hair and nursing damaged hair back to health. I would only do a trim and then keeping trimming. Thank you for sharing your story, it is a valuable lesson you learned at least and a few others have received insight from it as well. I agree that damage is sneaky because you work so hard to keep your hair healthy by being so careful and avoiding things, etc. and then when you start doing things like heat styling, you have to do it often and for a long period of time before the damage really shows one day out of the blue almost. Same thing with chemical processing: it looks great until a few weeks or several months down the road. I'm sure a lot of us feel your pain, I know I do!

jojo
February 1st, 2013, 05:50 AM
If you do ever decide to do this again, bleach ( or dye)do it over coconut oil, it prevents you losing protein from the shaft and really works well.

Id reccomend coconut oiling heavily overnight and then adding a good moisturising conditioner straight onto the oil next day, no water, massage in and leave for a good hour and rinse well. Tigi moisture maniac is a fantastic moiturising conditioner and id alternate the moisturising conditioner for a reconstructing conditoner such as dumb blonde by Tigi .

If you want a cheaper moisturising conditioner i also reccomend inecto coconut moisturising conditioner and a gelatine treatment , in my opinion and ive tried them both its as good as aPhogee 2 step and a lot cheaper.

I reccomended the above to a work colleague who did the exact same thing, it took her hair just over a month to look healthier. Continue with the s&ding and baby it, it won't go back to its pre bleached state but you can get it where your happier with it!
Dont beat yourself up either, we have all had impulsive moments and regretted them.

Tota
February 1st, 2013, 06:06 AM
Oh well I just hope someone that wants to colour reads this and thinks twice!

Your warning couldn't come at a better time. Thanks for sharing and I agree with others - don't give up so quickly, you can still improve the condition of your hair.

Scarlet_Heart
February 1st, 2013, 06:24 AM
The coconut oil sounds promising! I was popping in to suggest an SMT and using coney conditioners like 3 Minute Miracle. Best of luck! I've been there, having to cut a bunch of length off due to damage. More disheartening was when I had to cut a whole lot of length off because my hair had been falling out (vitamin deficiency) and so my hair was really limp and tapered. That saddened me. But it's all good now. I'm growing it back. Good luck!

Alexblue
February 1st, 2013, 06:56 AM
Feel your pain. For me it was a keratin brazilian treatment which looked fabulous right after but then 3 months later caused my hair was falling out in clumps.

I definitely agree with the advise above. Start my trimming the split ends. Do not take more than an inch off. Then wait 2 weeks while you're also conditioning and giving your hair lots of tlc...then only a small trim again. You can always take more off but your hair might surprise you. As you said, before the blonde you had been looking after it so your hair was strong before the chemical dye.

For my frazzled ends, a combination of shea and coconut oil worked really well. I would oil my hemline every morning and evening and keep it in a protective hair style during the day (which was easy as I did not love my hair when it was down :-). Four weeks later I saw a huge improvement whereas before I was ready to chop it all off.

Alexblue
February 1st, 2013, 06:59 AM
p.s. when applying oils the best are cold-pressed. Also, read the back and make sure the coconut oil is 100% unrefined (not hydrogenated) :-)