PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year of Hair Growth! (Pics)

Ravenwind
January 27th, 2013, 10:45 PM
One year ago today, I drastically and stupidly chopped off my hair. Literally, I put it in a ponytail and hacked away. What happened was, I was trimming my hair and I got so fed up with how dry my hair felt (I also had a history of bad damage done to my hair and I hadn't had a good haircut in years.) So.... I put it in a ponytail and cut it off! Surprisingly I wasn't upset at how short my hair was, I was upset about how HORRIBLE my hair looked! Lol. It was not cute and I got an emergency haircut the next morning. My stylist at the time fixed it all up, but she thinned out my layers way too much and I do not like my hair thinned at all. For about the first hour I really liked my haircut, then I really hated it. I haven't had my hair that short since I was 9 years old.

However, my hair is damage free and in the best condition it has been in a very long time. I've been using all natural products (except my shampoo and conditioner), and my hair is longer, smoother, softer, and shinier than ever before. :)

Now for the pictures:

January 27th, 2012
My hair was cut into a layered angled bob, heavily layered and thinned way too much. My back of my hair was just a tiny bit below shoulder length, and the front layers were a little past my collarbone.
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/004small_zps6eb305ce.jpg

And here is today, January 27th, 2013
My hair is much thicker, my layers are finally growing out, and I'm between APL and BSL! :D

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/photo_zps353b0817.jpg
http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t405/kirstiedawn/1January13_zpsa7ba450c.jpg

My goal is to reach hip length and probably tailbone length. I'm pretty sure I'll get there in no time!

Check our my Hair Growth album to see my progress throughout 2012!

maborosi
January 27th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Congrats! That is some great progress, and your hair is very shiny and healthy!

I did that same thing about a year ago (A year ago in a little less than a month, actually)
:D

~maborosi~

Ravenwind
January 27th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Congrats! That is some great progress, and your hair is very shiny and healthy!

I did that same thing about a year ago (A year ago in a little less than a month, actually)
:D

~maborosi~

Thank you! Glad you understand what I am going through xD

spirals
January 28th, 2013, 12:17 AM
It's gorgeous. I do like that bob, though. If I ever decide to chop mine, maybe I'll get mine done like that.

LadyCelestina
January 28th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I really like the way your hair curls at the ends in the second pic. Nice growth too.

letibear
January 28th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Nice growth, your hair looks very pretty :)

thirstylocks
January 28th, 2013, 01:10 AM
I've had my share of impulsive chops...your hair looks so healthy and good!!

biogirl87
January 28th, 2013, 01:23 AM
Congrats. Your hair is so much thicker than before. Makes me think that this is what my hair could look like in another 6 to 12 months (during my last two trims my hair was thinned out somewhat).

Kwantslonghair
January 28th, 2013, 04:59 AM
Very pretty with a boatload of shine.

jacqueline101
January 28th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Your hair looks great.

WaitingSoLong
January 28th, 2013, 05:19 AM
It's gorgeous. I do like that bob, though. If I ever decide to chop mine, maybe I'll get mine done like that.

Ditto! I love that haircut but I know it would not look right on me. You have made huge progress!

Ishje
January 28th, 2013, 05:22 AM
what great progress! it is wonderful to compair pictures after a year and see so much difference isn't it?

bobaerose
January 28th, 2013, 06:44 AM
Congrats!!! Hard work, but ... Wow! Such progress!

sarah112786
January 28th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Your hair looks so pretty and healthy! nice progress!

Ravenwind
January 28th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Thank you everyone!! :) With a haircut like that it is definitely hard to manage especially since my hair is naturally wavy. Short wavy hair = poofball. Not fun!

KittyBird
January 28th, 2013, 09:05 AM
Your hair looks great, so shiny and healthy. You've made great progress :D

Ravenwind
January 28th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Your hair looks great, so shiny and healthy. You've made great progress :D

Thank you :)

lapushka
January 28th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Amazing hairgrowth in such a short time. :thumbsup:

Ravenwind
January 29th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Amazing hairgrowth in such a short time. :thumbsup:

Not to brag but I agree. Everyone I know is amazed at how much my hair has grown. I think taking proper care of my hair and using oils really did the trick. :) Couldn't have done it without LHC!

Ambystoma
January 29th, 2013, 01:30 AM
The colour and shine is just gorgeous!

morrigan*
January 29th, 2013, 02:52 AM
It looks great :D

Tota
January 29th, 2013, 03:29 AM
Congrats on your progress!Very shiny and healthy looking hair :heart:

Ravenwind
January 29th, 2013, 03:07 PM
The colour and shine is just gorgeous!