PDA

View Full Version : Back to APL self pitty post

juliaxena
January 27th, 2013, 03:24 AM
I have been struggling with bleached ends for a while now. I have had quite a few cuts in the last year but it was not enough. And I haven't had hair this short a while now. Anyway up till this morning I had splits that would be up to an inch and a half long or multiple (like 10) splits on the same strand of hair and there were many of them. Hair was breaking off, ends were bending and they were very very dry. It had to be done but I am not happy about it. Worst part of it is there is still 2 inches if this to go. But I can finally see the end of the tunnel. ONLY two more inches to go... This part of bleached hair is not only bleached, it is also sun damaged by direct angle sun light. At least that is what I think is the reason it was so bad. So there were some big mistakes done for sure. Sigh...guess who will be wearing hair up a lot till summer.

Mesmerise
January 27th, 2013, 03:41 AM
Aww I feel for you :( I think many of us have been in that situation! It is tough, but you WILL get through it and your hair will look so much lovelier when it's grown out healthily! Still, my hair is only about the same length NOW as it was when I joined LHC, which is a bit depressing as I've been here two years! On the upside, there's two years worth of healthy growth that I didn't have before ;).

juliaxena
January 27th, 2013, 06:22 AM
Thanks for support. Another plus is the number of splits decreased dramatically. But it sure is short.

jacqueline101
January 27th, 2013, 09:11 AM
I'm sure your hair is lovely at apl and it will be lovelier when it grows.

Mischamiu
January 27th, 2013, 09:15 AM
I used to feel the same way too :( My hair still has a lot of splits but it is nowhere near the state it was when it was bleach. I think your hair will grow longer now that it's healthier and it will look better too :blossom:

einna
January 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
That has to be hard! But it sounds like you made a good decision :)

spidermom
January 27th, 2013, 09:16 AM
I had that feeling when cutting from almost classic to hip length: wow - it's so short! haha; it's all relative, I guess.
:magic: fast hair-growing wishes!

Nebulae
January 27th, 2013, 09:29 AM
Somewhere in the back of my head I know it would probably be better for me to chop all my damage off and end up somewhere between shoulder and APL and keep growing with happy ends but.. I just don't have the guts. Right now I'm trimming half my growth every month and babying my ends hoping they will not go mad and split like crazy.. :)

I think it's great that you dared to cut it off, your ends must be much nicer and happier, which is important. Now hope for fast growth! :cheer:

rowie
January 27th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Awww sorry for the big chop. But, at least you can still put your hair up and use many of your toys, particularly your wonderful collection of GTS. I told myself that if I ever had to make a big cut, APL would be my limit since at APL you can still make buns. Although at APL, I couldn't do the nautilus bun since my hair is thick so I guess I would just have to sacrifice the nautilus. The APL year was a continuation of the cinnabun and just basic French and Dutch braids for me, but you are probably one of those that can do many styles at that length. :)

juliaxena
January 27th, 2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks for support everyone.

Awww sorry for the big chop. But, at least you can still put your hair up and use many of your toys, particularly your wonderful collection of GTS. I told myself that if I ever had to make a big cut, APL would be my limit since at APL you can still make buns. Although at APL, I couldn't do the nautilus bun since my hair is thick so I guess I would just have to sacrifice the nautilus. The APL year was a continuation of the cinnabun and just basic French and Dutch braids for me, but you are probably one of those that can do many styles at that length. :)

Thank you! I am actually quite updo challenged LOL so that is the reason I can't do many updos. And bits of hair are now sticking out of my cinnabun. But yeah, still doable and will be worn a LOT. A French braid is still great so I am glad about that because I need it to be doable for dance classes and for some reason a halfup behaved quite well on me today. Yeah, there was lots of testing happening today. I hope my hair will stay in one piece as much as possible till summer (one piece meaning it won't split again so much). If I can get 2 inches of growth by then and survive through this OK I might just do this again in summer and from then on...happy healthy hair thanks to LHC!!

Khristopher
January 27th, 2013, 10:44 PM
I'm sorry you're not happy with your chop, but it's better to grow it healthy! APL is pretty long for most women, and as rowie said, you still can do nice updos with that lenght (just practice a lot!). Keep your ends protected and you're on your way girl! :)

jojo
January 28th, 2013, 01:58 AM
Look at this way, you have removed 99% of the damage. Your hair will get longer quicker now it has fresh ends, no more breakage or dry ends. And your at a length which is the begining of long, this time you can enjoy each new length and learn some nice protective updos.

I actually like apl, its still long enough to put up or wear down! Enjoy your new length!