PDA

View Full Version : How to prevent my very fine thin hair from getting even finer especially in the ends?

lole18
January 26th, 2013, 01:47 PM
It was at apl now i cut it and its at sl it's still way thinner in the ends what should i do to prevent it from getting finer and thinner in the ends(the whole hair too)

Madora
January 26th, 2013, 02:04 PM
Air dry your hair naturally and keep far away from any hot irons/curlers/straightening.

Always detangle slowly and gently with a wide tooth comb.

Learn new ways to wear your hair up.

Slight trim every 3 to 4 months.

S and D every week, if possible, with SHARP shears.

A good diet helps a lot too! Good luck!

lole18
January 26th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Air dry your hair naturally and keep far away from any hot irons/curlers/straightening.

Always detangle slowly and gently with a wide tooth comb.

Learn new ways to wear your hair up.

Slight trim every 3 to 4 months.

S and D every week, if possible, with SHARP shears.

A good diet helps a lot too! Good luck!

I already did those things before but it keeps getting thin though it doesn't have many split ends because i constantly trim it!
D is dusting right? whats S? :) lol

swearnsue
January 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
S & D is for search and destroy. It's when you cut just the split ends off.

I'm thinking something is rubbing or catching on the ends and breaking them off. A silk pillowcase helps. Also oiling before you shampoo to prevent drying out of the ends.

lole18
January 26th, 2013, 03:28 PM
S & D is for search and destroy. It's when you cut just the split ends off.

I'm thinking something is rubbing or catching on the ends and breaking them off. A silk pillowcase helps. Also oiling before you shampoo to prevent drying out of the ends.

i never did that but isn't it like trimming? since i trim every 2 months i shouldnt do this or should i still do it? i have i type 2b very fine thin wavy hair :) also whats the difference between s & d and dusting? which should i do for my hair type? :)

Amygirl8
January 26th, 2013, 04:52 PM
Dusting is just like a very small trim, so that the hair cut off looks like dust on the floor.
S & D is when you look throughout your hair and find splits, and trim those splits off one at a time.
Honestly, this is something everyone should do just because it helps improve the quality of your hair without losing length. Personally I trim every couple of months but I also try to S & D regularly.

catamonica
January 26th, 2013, 05:42 PM
i have fine thick hair. I read online that dehydrated chopped onion & dehydrated minced onion makes your hair thicker. I put
two capfuls in my conditioner. I have tried both. My hair felt thicker. Hope this helps.