PDA

View Full Version : Well, there are crownbraids and ... other braids

W2
January 26th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Lately I have been doing a crown braid quite a lot. It's the type, where I start at the nape of my neck and braid french just picking up from the one side, the outer.

My sister have been very interested but since her abilities are quite limited ...

So I was very impressed, when she told me, she had done it on both her and her daughters.

Until I saw it the other day. It's just an ordinary french braid pulled a bit to the side and the tail pulled up in the other side.

Oh well. She was very proud, so I was kind and told her what she wanted to hear ... and laughed a bit afterward

browneyedsusan
January 26th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Poor sister! Well, at least she can frenchbraid? You were sweet to humor her. I'm still trying crownbraiding, but can't make it work.... yet. :)

RedBlue
January 26th, 2013, 08:59 AM
I Dutch-lace my crown braid and I start from the corner of my forehead. I cannot do a French braid to save my life! My fingers automatically put the strands under instead of over!

browneyedsusan
January 26th, 2013, 09:20 AM
The last time I tried, I got 1/2 French and 1/2 dutch! When I switched hands, I switched the way I crossed the strands! I can't imagine why it fell out before I made it around my head?! ha ha ha!
I'll bet a crazy French/dutch/French/dutch braid would REALLY impress your sister, W2! :)

chen bao jun
January 26th, 2013, 09:58 AM
This is my go to hairstyle. I always get compliments on it. I like it because my hair is up and protected and can stay that way 3-4 days, and unlike a bun I don't get SSKs. My hair is slightly more than shoulder length.
I can't post a photo, I'm not allowed yet.
I like W2s photo and Madora's photo and may try the lace braid version of this. It's such a flattering hairstyle for so many face types, I'm surprised its not more stylish.

Nini
January 26th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Well, she wasn't wrong, it's only a wrapped crown braid, not a braided one ;) And they can be just as impressive.

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I've just learned to regular english braided bun. I think its neat to french braid.

rtree721
January 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
W2- I would love to know how you do your crown braid!