PDA

View Full Version : Finally trimmed off last layers! Yay!

silverthread
January 26th, 2013, 07:15 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/asset.php?fid=1619&uid=48613&d=1359209387I hope I pasted this picture correctly. I finally trimmed off my last layers yesterday, using Feye's method. (Still have fringe.) I'm hoping that with gentle treatment and good health, I'll be able to just let it grow now. Currently at 20" length and 3" circumference.;)

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
I'm happy I'm growing out layers they can be a pain.

jojo
January 26th, 2013, 07:43 AM
I cant see your photos but i am happy for you, its been 5 years since i grew mine out and i remember only too well how great it felt to be finally rid of them!

long-hair-lover
January 26th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Still growing out my layers, always wonder what possessed me to have them cut in!
:(

silverthread
January 26th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Still growing out my layers, always wonder what possessed me to have them cut in!
:(
What possessed me was a photo in a magazine of a blonde with long 1b hair, with long, light layers starting a couple inches below her chin. I asked the my hair cutter to give me the same layers and, instead, he cut them as short as my cheek bones, and then razored the ends. Horrible! It's been about 8 months since then, and with monthly trims, I've finally gotten rid of them. Hallelujah! When I started on LHC in May of 2012, my pony tail was about 2-1/4" circumference. Now it's 3" When I finish growing out my fringe, it'll probably be 3-1/2". Hopefully, my resolve of no more layers will stick.

Vintagecoilylocks
January 26th, 2013, 11:00 AM
I cant see your photos but i am happy for you, its been 5 years since i grew mine out and i remember only too well how great it felt to be finally rid of them!

I am growing out layers not from a cut but a shedding period that lasted five years. It is good to hear you say that once they were gone they did not return.