PDA

View Full Version : I Dip-Dyed my hair.. Pics

Kayla Nyx
January 25th, 2013, 09:45 PM
First time for everything, and with a spur of the moment color job, I am sitting at home, pretty pleased with myself. ends are a little crunchy from the bleach. Even though I left my deep condition treatment on all night.. Oh well! Pictures!

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-D2i52diDj-Y/UQNc4x8XCtI/AAAAAAAAAeM/iWNrQPQackE/s512/2013-01-25_22-27-32_420.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-C_T2fx_e7Cc/UQNdgWnyOTI/AAAAAAAAAeU/zpDT4xbzrFg/s512/2013-01-25_22-28-34_32.jpg

And...! Awesome upside down shot!

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-SjMpYRLVgAQ/UQNdxtO7sGI/AAAAAAAAAec/qYOxUnq7c18/s512/2013-01-25_22-31-10_381.jpg

thanks for looking!

If you have any suggestions on how i can help my ends recover after that bleach... it would be greatly appreciated <3

Happy Growing, All.

Kaelee
January 25th, 2013, 11:32 PM
Beautiful!!! One of the many things I would have done to my hair if I weren't so anti-bleach.

AnqeIicDemise
January 25th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I used a good ol' dose of coconut oil and olive oil to put more protein in my hair as well get easier consistency to work with. I let it sit for a few hours, took a shower and CO'd only for the first two washes after I got mine done. Followed it with a vinegar rinse.

I still got some pretty soft, shiny ends if I say so myself!

Kyaatje
January 25th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Ooooooh pretty !
I'm pampering my ends with : coconut oil, coney condish, coney leave in if needed, the colour itself is nice to make them behave as well. And I wash (wetting the ends not using shampoo on them) a bit more then before instead of once a week every 4/5 days. If I don't they become drier and crunchier
Enjoy your colour !

AnqeIicDemise
January 25th, 2013, 11:51 PM
Oh, I forgot to add that I do add a drop or so of mineral oil to my ends when damp. I haven't had any crunchyness. Just the greasies when I was using a product I normally don't use.

biogirl87
January 26th, 2013, 12:09 AM
It looks nice on you.

leslissocool
January 26th, 2013, 12:46 AM
I think it looks AWESOME! :crush: love it!

My plan is, if I dislike my goal length before cutting back I want to dip my ends since I'm going to cut them anyways.

*Rose Red*
January 26th, 2013, 02:00 AM
looks good :)

Michelle051
January 26th, 2013, 02:23 AM
It is really pretty :crush: i think it looks really good on you

lapushka
January 26th, 2013, 07:24 AM
Nice contrast with the red. Love it! :)

jacqueline101
January 26th, 2013, 07:32 AM
I'd use coconut oil. I do love the dip dye ends they're pretty.

jojo
January 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I used a good ol' dose of coconut oil and olive oil to put more protein in my hair as well get easier consistency to work with. I let it sit for a few hours, took a shower and CO'd only for the first two washes after I got mine done. Followed it with a vinegar rinse.

I still got some pretty soft, shiny ends if I say so myself!
Looks very pretty, remember coconut oil isn't a protein treatment but it prevents protein leaving the hair shaft. Looks really healthy and i love the red!

spidermom
January 26th, 2013, 09:04 AM
Oooooh, pretty. I used a deep moisture treatment by Regis that I bought from the salon yesterday; it was almost a miracle to my dried out ends.

AnqeIicDemise
January 26th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Looks very pretty, remember coconut oil isn't a protein treatment but it prevents protein leaving the hair shaft. Looks really healthy and i love the red!

Thank you for the clarification... i think its coconut milk for protein. Either way that never makes it to my hair...my tummy insists its hers to enjoy.

The trick is to keep moisture and protein in place. Bleach is such a doody head.

melusine963
January 26th, 2013, 09:37 AM
Wow! I love how the colour matches your top so well. :) So many people dip dying their ends is making me want to do the same. Since I'm also worried about trashing my ends I think I'll eventually wait until I'm almost due for my annual trim. That way I can cut off the damage without losing more length than I would have lost anyway.

Maybe using a leave-in oil will help your ends? I use coconut oil since it's one of the few that actually soaks into your hair shafts, but other people have good luck with mineral oil or olive oil. For future reference, I've read of LHCers applying coconut oil before they bleach. It means that the bleach will be slightly less effective, but will also reduce the damage a little.

Kayla Nyx
January 26th, 2013, 01:45 PM
I did use coconut oil in my hair before i bleached it. I left it in overnight

oktobergoud
January 26th, 2013, 01:46 PM
Oh wow, that looks great! :)

maborosi
January 26th, 2013, 02:27 PM
Gorgeous! I love the color on you! :D

~maborosi~

RedheadMistress
January 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
- What massively helped me was actually drenching my hair in coconut oil Pre bleaching, and bleaching when the hair has this stuff in it . . but idk, maybe you've seen that in other bleaching threads here ?

It makes a MASSSIVE difference with my hair .

Khristopher
January 27th, 2013, 01:13 AM
That's a lot of hair in your head, makes me jealous! ;) I love the mix of your dyed tips and those little waves. You did a wonderful job too! I remember having my fringe dip-dyed red too a few years ago, but I didn't knew anything about hair and how to care for bleach jobs so I had to cut it after a few months. I really liked it though. I hope you can make it last more than myself with the LHC help! :)