PDA

View Full Version : Mismatched Hair and Loving It! Thread

silverthread
January 25th, 2013, 08:07 AM
Whaddaya say? Let's rebel! I spend way too much energy and time trying to get my half-grey-half-brown, half-swirly-half-straight, half-fine-half-wiry hair to look uniform and polished, without using dye, chemicals, sulfates, cones, heat, or product. This thread allows us to let all our raw dis-uniformity hang out. I'll start. I absolutely LOVE the way my canopy is a 1b while the underside is a 2b, and the way my hair looks dark brown in my bathroom and grey in the sunlight. If someone doesn't like it, well, you know what they can do ... :cool:

long&blonde
January 25th, 2013, 08:33 AM
Love this thread.
All that we search for,
We allready are.
The Tao of hair.
Easier read than done, if going out with significant others.
Sometimes I feel quite proficient with the method,then I realize it may be I am day 10 of a flu.
My sleep bun is so disheveled, it's hiding my skunk stripe of white roots quite successfully.

Kwantslonghair
January 25th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I am learning to love my hair in all its stages. It is much healthier since joining LHC and that is the important thing. No hair will look good unless it is healthy. I am also learning to love myself.

kitschy
January 25th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Oh yeah! My type of thread. I embrace my 3a/3b, part blonde, part gray, part white, frizzy in places, flat in other places, prone to parched, too long for 'style' tresses!

ladylowtide
January 25th, 2013, 09:58 AM
I am learning to love, my bright red henna over bleach ends, my dark reddish brown body of hair, and my ashy brown virgin roots. Its all intentional I swear.

akilina
January 25th, 2013, 10:01 AM
I love lurking the growing out the dye support thread just for fun!!!
You are all so brave. If I was not a hair dresser I would totally grow out my natural blond..I can not really have super stark whitish blond ashy roots and then black hair.
I am not ready yet..but someday, and it will be glorious!

raingirl
January 25th, 2013, 02:22 PM
I need some help loving my hair this week. I LOVE the henna colour and I LOVE my blonde, just not the combo with my blonde roots which I'm trying to grow out. I feel so icky... how do I love this?

I already had trouble loving my blonde in winter because I feel so grey/ashy all over with my skin and hair together!

silverthread
January 29th, 2013, 11:07 AM
I need some help loving my hair this week. I LOVE the henna colour and I LOVE my blonde, just not the combo with my blonde roots which I'm trying to grow out. I feel so icky... how do I love this?

I already had trouble loving my blonde in winter because I feel so grey/ashy all over with my skin and hair together!

Hey, raingirl: When my hair looks icky to me, I do a messy updo with a pretty barrette or clip. The adornment says, "Yeah, I meant for my hair to look like this. What of it!?"