PDA

View Full Version : Found an extremely thick strand of hair!

4C4rly4
January 24th, 2013, 03:16 PM
My hair's thickness is pretty average - not too fine, not too thick. But today I found the thickest strand of hair I've ever had! At first I thought it might be two hairs stuck together, but after I was done being amazed by the thickness, I tried to split it in half to see if it was 2 hairs stuck together. But it turned out it was just one hair. I looked for other thick hairs, but I just found another one that was a little thicker than most of my hair, but not as thick as the one I found today.

Here's a picture of it. The first hair is what most of my hair is like, the second one is the medium-thick hair I found, and the third one is the super thick one that I found today. That's also my index finger in the picture so you can compare the size lol
Anyway, I thought I'd share this with you guys cuz I found it pretty cool how thick that hair was. Later I tried to rip it in half but it wouldn't break! So I had to wrap a bit around my finger like a thread and then pull on it so I could break it, and it made this loud snapping sound! lol, that was the strongest hair I've ever seen.
http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af86/gayanehb/IMG_6742-2.jpg?t=1359065723

AngryVikingGirl
January 24th, 2013, 03:24 PM
Wow! It reminds me of a piece of plastic line! I mean the one you use for making pearl animals!

arcane
January 24th, 2013, 03:30 PM
I have random thick hairs like that too. I've always kinda liked them even though, for me, they tend to be corser and more wurly/curly than the strands around them, which is pretty much the only thing that causes little knots for me.

lapushka
January 24th, 2013, 03:32 PM
Yeah, that happens. I'm a F and once I found a very coarse black strand of hair in my dark ashy blonde/brown hair.

jacqueline101
January 24th, 2013, 04:46 PM
I'm wondering if everyone has random hairs like that we just don't know it.

maborosi
January 24th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I've found a couple of really thick hairs before- it freaked me out!! I did not expect something like that and I had no idea wtf they were until I realized they were my own hair! xD

~maborosi~

Salmonberry
January 24th, 2013, 04:54 PM
Yes, I've found thick reddish-black hairs hidden in my blonde hair. I always thought they happened because of moles on the scalp that are near the follicles, or maybe they just happen sometimes. It's pretty interesting.

ArienEllariel
January 24th, 2013, 04:56 PM
wow! neato :)

jasper
January 24th, 2013, 05:00 PM
I have those sometimes. Hunting to see if the extreme strand is still growing is an occupation I've used for moments of extreme boredom.

TheHowlingWolf
January 24th, 2013, 05:28 PM
I have a lot of those lol. My hair is medium thickness/coarse but sometimes I find really thick ones that look like wire lol

Kelikea
January 24th, 2013, 05:34 PM
I get those too. Here's a pic of one of mine:
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zbJr4Kfa6ho/UFp9c79oYVI/AAAAAAAAAso/7wKNeelP0y4/s720/09.19.12hairs.JPG

lapushka
January 24th, 2013, 05:50 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-zbJr4Kfa6ho/UFp9c79oYVI/AAAAAAAAAso/7wKNeelP0y4/s720/09.19.12hairs.JPG

Yeah! That's exactly what my coarse hair looked like. And I have F hair. Odd, isn't it? But hey, I guess we all get it, so no need to worry... yay!

maborosi
January 24th, 2013, 06:03 PM
Kelikea- That was what one of mine looked like once- I was baffled and wondered if I'd done a bunch of mechanical damage to my hair to make it so kinky looking. But that's just how a few of my hairs naturally grow- it's quite cool!

~maborosi~

dwell_in_safety
January 24th, 2013, 06:42 PM
My hair has all thicknesses in it, and a lot that huge. It's interesting. :) I have one random blonde hair that is VERY obvious if my hair is parted so that it shows.

chen bao jun
January 24th, 2013, 06:50 PM

the thicker one is pretty much what my whole head is like. Except that some of it is just like that and some of it is so curly it makes an 'o' when its wet.
I never find fine ones--but then maybe I just don't notice them among the wirey thick ones. I think the follicle shape and size determines how thick and how curly the hair is so maybe you have one or two more oval and wide follicles that give you an an occasional thickey, hidden among your 100,000 or so other follicles?

maborosi
January 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
My hair has all thicknesses in it, and a lot that huge. It's interesting. :) I have one random blonde hair that is VERY obvious if my hair is parted so that it shows.

One of the coolest things I've seen in my hair is that I have one or two naturally black ones that grow near my forehead. I haven't found any other ones, but I have a couple and I thought it was really neat.

~maborosi~

Naiadryade
January 24th, 2013, 08:32 PM
I found a very thick, coarse, kinky black hair when I was finger-combing last week. It came right out and I'm still not sure if it was really mine or if it got on my hair when I was hugging somebody, or something like that. It did remind me of my mom's hair, though (I have my dad's hair) so maybe it really did come off my head! Though I finger comb a lot and I think I would have felt it before it came out.

spirals
January 24th, 2013, 09:19 PM
I run into this from time to time. It's weird until I consider my genetic background. I guess a few of my hairs are Indian.

Angela_Rose
January 24th, 2013, 09:54 PM
I have a whole crop of those beasts, and they're all in the same spot on my head- on the top back, just to left of where a centre part would sit.
They're flat instead of round, and they have little twists in them here and there. Mostly they're black (which is fine, because my hair is pretty dark), but some of them change color in spots. I once found one that was silver at the root, black in the middle, and henna-red at the end... which is strange because I have never ever put henna on my hair.

ArienEllariel
January 24th, 2013, 09:57 PM
I think I pulled out all my coarse ones... They sit right on one side of my crown... at a cowlick. I have a bad habit of pulling weird feeling hairs out. lol

Thinthondiel
January 24th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I find hairs like that on my head every once in a while. They're super strong and have twists/kinks in them. I once found one on my scalp just as it had started growing out, so it was only a couple of millimeters long. It was so stiff that it felt like it pricked my finger when i touched it, and at first I couldn't figure out what it was. It certainly didn't feel like hair. :p

4C4rly4
January 25th, 2013, 02:21 AM
haha glad I'm not the only one who has these weird random hairs growing out of nowhere :eek:

MissAlida
January 25th, 2013, 05:01 AM
I found a hair as thick as that, but it was merely 2 inches long, and blue-black. My hair is chestnut colored, and I use henna, to enhance the red. That one single strand was very strange indeed. I pulled it out right away, and gazed at it in amazement. I would love to have hair that dark and bluish naturally. But it was just this one strand.

Mononoke
January 25th, 2013, 09:23 AM
From time to time I find thick black hairs in my fine dark blonde, now hennaed hair.

jeanniet
January 25th, 2013, 02:46 PM
I have F, M, and C hairs randomly mixed on my head. I don't have a lot of splits or damage, but the F hairs seem to split more, and the C hairs seem to weaken and break off more. The M hairs are usually the strongest of the bunch, which is kind of interesting.

LadyLongLocks
January 25th, 2013, 03:34 PM
I have found a few of those! 3x thicker than my average hairs. Just think if all my hair was like that!

MsBubbles
January 25th, 2013, 04:40 PM
I was so happy to find a grand total of two such thick strands. Everything else on my head is straight up fine. My coarse hairs are red! I wish my entire head of hair were like that! I never would have found these hairs if I hadn't grown my hair out long, as they are in the sections of hair behind my ears towards the back of my head. So I've never been able to see them til now!

Lightningfury
January 25th, 2013, 05:36 PM
I have one or two of those. Thick as fishing line. I've always liked them.