PDA

View Full Version : long hair shows in england?

pdy2kn6
August 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM
are there ever any long hair shows/contests in england? i always hear about them in america but never in england? hopefully soon

Kuchen
August 25th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Do you want to compete or watch?

Stevy
August 26th, 2008, 06:23 AM
I've never heard of any such thing. Sorry!

Saranne772
August 26th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Would be nice to have them here wouldnt it. I dont think I'd enter but Id love to watch! (Knowing such shows usually are- twould probs be a Sunday though)

Chromis
August 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM
I've never heard of such a thing in America either and that sounds like it would be a creep magnet! Eek!

DaveDecker
August 26th, 2008, 05:43 PM
I've never heard of such a thing in America either and that sounds like it would be a creep magnet! Eek!

Possibly so, but then again, what about the mainstream hair shows -- would you not similarly see them as being a magnet for "haircut-loving creeps"?

Bear in mind that I'm not advocating for long hair shows (key questions would include "what is the purpose and agenda of such shows?"), and also that I'm not arguing with you, but I just wondering if there is a bias in the acceptance of today's status quo as being somehow "okay" or "healthy."

Chromis
August 26th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Possibly so, but then again, what about the mainstream hair shows -- would you not similarly see them as being a magnet for "haircut-loving creeps"?

Bear in mind that I'm not advocating for long hair shows (key questions would include "what is the purpose and agenda of such shows?"), and also that I'm not arguing with you, but I just wondering if there is a bias in the acceptance of today's status quo as being somehow "okay" or "healthy."

I've never heard of a hair show period, much less one for long hair despite the OP "always" hearing about them. I don't doubt that such a thing exists, but that certainly lifted an eyebrow!

I'm pretty sure I'd get some odd looks if I told people I was going to a hair show regardless of what length the status quo is lol! I got enough of them going to various fish shows!

PseudoScot
August 26th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Excellent point, DD! Summed up my thoughts!

Also, pdy2kn6, you might find this thread on punctuation and such helpful (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/announcement.php?f=28&a=3), particularly regarding capitalization. :twocents:

pdy2kn6
August 26th, 2008, 06:21 PM
oh no! sorry! I got an email telling me not to speak in 'text speak' which I am difficultly trying to ensure I do not speak every using 'u' for 'you' and '2' for 'to' etc etc. Are there more rules regarding capital letters? I tend to forget to use capitalization when I am writing, particularly when rushed. oops. sorry I am a new member!

Next-yes i do think they hold hairshows where people can go and show off how long their hair is, for example the recent ponytail contest in chicago illinois state fair, apparently this is where people go to get their ponytails measured and i think they get a prize, eg a different prize for gold, silver and bronze. I can understand how it may be a bit of a creep show regarding those dirty people who go because they have a hair ****** or something disgusting like that, however on the other hand, I can imagine it being a great place to go and view others who have equally lengthy hair, seeing a group of flowing locks all together. if you type in youtube 'Long hair show' you can see how people go and try different hairstyles onstage, doing intricate hairstyles with their gorgeous locks.