PDA

View Full Version : Help with the ends of hair

Amygirl8
January 20th, 2013, 01:36 PM
Alright, first off I want to note that the articles are still down for me, I know there was one on this but I can't access it :\

The last few days, my ends have been feeling quite dry. There is damage on the last 4-5 inches of my hair, but never dryness, and the dryness is only affecting the last 1-2 inches.
It feels dry and it also feels a little sticky. Earlier today I did a honey-milk-olive oil mix (saw it on Loepsie's youtube) and applied it all over the length. After washing I followed with an ACV rinse. The length of my hair feels wonderful, but as I did this to combat the dryness I don't think it helped.

I also did a microtrim to hope that it would help.

Does anyone have any suggestions to what it could be? I've never had the ends feel sticky and dry like this before.

Seeshami
January 20th, 2013, 01:47 PM
The honey may have negated the moisture. I would warm olive oil (or oil of choice) your dry bits first and see if that helps. The Naughty Mess has needed regular hot oils since I started using a honey herbal shampoo and conditioner.

Madora
January 20th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Try clarifying your hair, then do a simple conditioning afterwards.

You can help keep moisture in your hair by using a few drops of mineral oil on damp hair. Only a few drops are needed and it rinses out easily in your next shampoo. MO is also a great detangler and helps tame frizzies.

I would stay away from honey...you don't need anything sticky/sugary on your hair.