PDA

View Full Version : I just cut 7 inches from my hair! Yay!

LadyTheta
January 19th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Despite my tailbone-length ... I simply was so dissatisfied with my braid going from a good long "fat & healthy", tapering to a wee-wimpering "thin" strand of the last 6" or so! ... and all of the accompanying tangles each morning.

So, after a deep super-conditioning last evening ... I got out my hair scissors and trimmed-off a good 6-7 inches from my hair!
NO REGRETS!

I am so pleased today! It feels so much better to me.
And I'm not struggling with those fine, wispy, difficult, tangly ends!
And no concern whatsoever over the loss of length! Yay!

rock007junkie
January 19th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Pictures! Pictures!! Glad you are happy with the results though. Wish I was as brave to do the same.

SunlightShines
January 19th, 2013, 09:08 PM
Looks good! A great way to start the year....with healthy happy hair! :)

LadyTheta
January 19th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Pictures! Pictures!! Glad you are happy with the results though. Wish I was as brave to do the same.
However, *your hair* looks simply gorgeous, full, and so healthy in your sig. pic!

I'd hoped / tried to post-a-pic ... but cannot seem to be able to figure out just how to do so on our new/recently updated LHC.
Will try again perhaps later when my brain is not so tired!

LadyTheta
January 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Looks good! A great way to start the year....with healthy happy hair! :)

Such beauty-full hair, SunlightShines! Lovely!

rock007junkie
January 19th, 2013, 09:13 PM
However, *your hair* looks simply gorgeous, full, and so healthy in your sig. pic!

I'd hoped / tried to post-a-pic ... but cannot seem to be able to figure out just how to do so on our new/recently updated LHC.
Will try again perhaps later when my brain is not so tired!

Thank you! Looking at it, more so when it's straightened, it looks that way. The last 5 inches or so are significantly thinner than the rest because they are the remnants of a relaxer. I want to get rid of it desperately but don't wanna part with the length I've gained so far.

Lostsoule77
January 19th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Good for you! I'm glad you like it. I wouldn't have the guts to cut that much off. Please do post pics when you can figure it out. :D

Falcore
January 19th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Nice to hear you're happy with your cut AND have no regrets. Hooray for nice ends. :)

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2013, 08:47 AM
I can't wait to see pictures of your cut. I'm glad you like it.

melusine963
January 20th, 2013, 09:27 AM
I'm joining the call for pictures. :) Well done on taking the leap and cutting off so much at once. I'd cut off about twice as much if I knew what was good for my hair, but I'm too chicken to do it in one go like you.

dollyfish
January 20th, 2013, 09:46 AM
I recommend imgur.com (http://www.imgur.com) for a quick fix when it comes to uploading pictures! :)

Phalaenopsis
January 20th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Aaah, no pics! *pic addict*

Macaroni
January 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM
There's nothing like a fresh trim, is there?

lapushka
January 20th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Seconding, thirding pics. I'm sure you can figure it out if we help you. :)

Khristopher
January 20th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Glad you're happy with the chop! I bet your hem is thick and clean now. Hope you figure out how to put pics to see it!

LadyTheta
January 21st, 2013, 09:34 PM
Many thanks and much appreciation to each and all for your support and accolades ... as well as helpful suggestions for "how-to" upload pics!

(Regretfully, I am easily-discouraged at techno-cyber 'requirements' for online uploading of pics! I'm just simply a 'Simple' Gal, really!!~ :rolleyes:)

I'm well-rested by this time tonight ... so I'll give the pics another try here! Thanks again!!

Love,

Theta

LadyTheta
January 21st, 2013, 10:03 PM
There's nothing like a fresh trim, is there?

SO true, Macaroni !!

It feels so-o very good to me!

No more frail/fragile tailends to fuss over!! Yay! AAAAAND, I STILL do not regret the loss of length!! :)