PDA

View Full Version : So depressed with my hair right now. :(

misspurdy06
January 19th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm trying to grow out the bleach and sun in. I have a lot of brassiness from previous dyes fading and I have zero money for anything. Mostly I have been keeping it up in twists and braids. Whatever is easy to wear to sleep so I only braid and comb it right before bed. I wear it in whatever shape it is when I wake up. My braids are reasonably secure so they look decent when I wake up.

I guess I'm just venting I have no idea what could be said to make me feel better.

By the way I have felt like this for 3 weeks or so.

Winnie!
January 19th, 2013, 06:01 PM
I think we all have periods when we absolutely hate our hair. Sometimes you just have to push through those times and then you feel better about your hair after a while. I say just keep ignoring it for a bit and see if you don't become happier with it. Hope that helps! :)

Wildcat Diva
January 19th, 2013, 06:53 PM
I'm sorry that you feel this way dear. I hope that you feel better soon. I am sure that growing out the bleach is difficult. What about doing a dip dye on the bleached ends at some point? I understand that right now there is no money for that. Maybe it will give you something to look forward to down the line?

pocketsmall
January 19th, 2013, 07:08 PM
My only advice to you is to find faith in the benign neglect method, it has worked wonders for me, especially in times of stress.

Not Lynn Merely
January 19th, 2013, 08:22 PM
MissPurdy, is there anything around the house you can use to make hair entertainments? If you want to try dip-dye as mentioned by Wildcat Diva, Kool-Aid packets are less than a dollar each (25 cents each in my area in NYS, so you could even take a walk and find enough change to get some). If you have spare ribbon, yarn, or even long lengths of fabric that can be cut into strips, you can make parandi.

I hope the funk ends for you soon.

misspurdy06
January 20th, 2013, 02:01 PM
Thanks for the comments and suggestions. I have Koolaid but I don't want to have any unnatural color. I get 2/3 of an inch a month in growth. A full inch in the summer. I just gotta wait till April when my roots are long enough. I figure if they are long I can dye my ends and try my damndest not to touch my roots. I will probably go to a beauty supply place to get the right color. I want to not color my roots my natural color because permanent color needs a developer which does lift the hair a little.

Seeshami
January 20th, 2013, 02:10 PM
What kind of shampoos do you have hanging around?

Now this is by no means and nice way to get some brass out of your hair but I noticed it helped. You want a shampoo that's pretty harsh, I use Muffin's manly man 2 in one does everything you need for hair care shampoo, mix it with a spoon of baking soda and leave it in for 15 minutes. Then I sit down and do a warm oil/conditioner soak and pamper the mess so he doesn't fall off.

I also noticed a lot of color wash out when I did an accidental one hour ACV accidental soak. Stupid netflix having all sorts of things to distract me.

SouthernBelleUS
January 20th, 2013, 02:24 PM
Whoa.... De ja vu for me. I went thru the exact same thing. I went to a hair dresser who told me to buy Goldwell Colorance Soft Color Semi-permanent Foam (blue bottle). You can get it on HairChoices.com. It is not a color, but a stain to blend your processed hair with your natural hair. It is a semi-permanent stain & it saved me! Seriously awesome stuff! Because your processed hair is porous, it takes the color in well. You have to touch up every 6-8 shampoos, but sooner or later the color stays in the processed hair! :)

Seriously thought I was going to have a nervous breakdown at the time due to the stress, but it gets better I promise! An ash toner shampoo may possibly help tone down the brass. Not sure how that would work though.

I quit using the Colorance at some point & never dyed my hair again.... Don't get discouraged.

SouthernBelleUS
January 20th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Link so you don't get confused: http://www.haircarechoices.com/p14793-Colorance+Soft+Color.html