PDA

View Full Version : Inverted Bob-

Angel_Abby
January 18th, 2013, 02:24 PM
LOVE the look, but wish I had my hair back! :mad:

Anyone have any gentle techniques for benign neglect on hair thats chin length in the front, and nape length in the back? I'm going trimless in 2013 to get my length back... I wonder if it will even out in the long run?;)

Anyway- BN. I'm thinking those little clip barrette things to just pin it back until it gets long enough to braid?

Elanadi
January 18th, 2013, 02:40 PM
It probably depends on how extreme the length difference is. I've grown that cut out a few times, and I would keep trimming the sides until the back caught up, and then grow from there. But my inverted bobs were pretty dramatic, and there was no growing out that hemline without it looking like I had an accident with a chainsaw, lol!

ratgirldjh
January 18th, 2013, 02:42 PM
I had this hair cut last summer! It didn't take long to grow out long enough to put in a bun! And mine was chin length in front - yours sounds longer.

I would just put my hair up in a bun and then put the small left over bits in a teeny pony tail.

For styling I found that little claw clips worked great to pull back the front and I also experiemented with little braids over my ears!

Suprisingly my nape hair grows faster than the sides so it evened out pretty quickly on me.

Angel_Abby
January 18th, 2013, 03:01 PM
As far as I can get is a half-up do (the front only).

I took nine inches off. OMG. Choppers Remorse! :/

chevelure
January 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM
I'm growing my hair out from an inverted bob too! Just started less than a month ago, actually. I think going trimless in 2013 is a great idea, plus oiling with a light oil (I use camellia and love it) to make sure the ends stay healthy. Until it gets to shoulder length and actually starts brushing on anything, I don't plan on wearing it up at all, so that's my form of benign neglect. I don't like how that half-up ponytail looks on me though. Two other things I'm doing is plenty of scalp massages and I started taking biotin and MSM, all in an the hopes of speeding up this awkward phase between chin and APL. Best of luck for some fast grow-out :flower:

karenpetal
January 18th, 2013, 04:51 PM
I grew out my hair from a Bob too couple years ago - had a blunt bob - if you have an inverted make sure you just trim and slowly get all hair to same length. Good Luck - half updos are the best when you dont want hair in your face. Also used lot of bands.

akilina
January 19th, 2013, 12:01 AM
I am thinking of little pigtails. I did that alot. It might not be something you would like though.
It helped the growing out. (had one and kept it for a few months but grew out). Its also a good idea to slightly microtrim the front to even it out over time.
Growing out an A line was actually fun for me!

Angel_Abby
January 19th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I like the little pig tails! That's a great option for weekends at home, I do the half-up in a tiny claw clip for work and ill start oiling the ends so I can hopefully stay trim free in 2013.

I'm so glad to hear from you all that are or have already grown out a bob. It's a really flattering cut but I hate blow drying and flat ironing (the only way to fix it with my hair type). I'm looking forward to my first bun and braid! :)

lolar
January 19th, 2013, 01:33 PM
I grew out a bob from a little over 2 years ago. Best thing for me was to forget all about it. I used a claw for half up and half down and tried my best now to look at it or think about it. As soon as I could get it into a ponytail, I did. I wore it up always and didnt have any trims for the first year as I was too heartbroken to look at it! Then after the first year my hairdresser told me the best thing to do was get regular trims so it grew out healthily...and before I knew it, IM nearly back to where I was. Good luck growing, the best part about short hair is you notice growth alot so each month you will see progress