PDA

View Full Version : Unusual natural hair colours

LadyCelestina
January 18th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Let's discuss how interesting and unexpected combinations of hair colours can nature create.:o

My cousins sister hair looks like something many people try to reach with highlights and lowlights - her hair has natural contrasting strands of very light/white blonde,darker honey blonde,brown and very dark brown.
It's just the way her hair is and it has been always this like.I find it kinda awesome!

Do you know anybody with a surprising hair colour?

Majala
January 18th, 2013, 11:14 AM
A friend of mine has almost white blond hair - I've never seen natural hair this color. If I didn't know her, I would think her hair is bleached. But on the nape of her neck she has a few very dark, almost black strands and they sometimes peek out from beneath the white hair. It looks really unnatural, yet I think she's the only one of my friends that hasn't used a hair dye in her life.

LadyCelestina
January 18th, 2013, 11:22 AM
A friend of mine has almost white blond hair - I've never seen natural hair this color. If I didn't know her, I would think her hair is bleached. But on the nape of her neck she has a few very dark, almost black strands and they sometimes peek out from beneath the white hair. It looks really unnatural, yet I think she's the only one of my friends that hasn't used a hair dye in her life.

Seems like such contrasting hair might actually be a type of a (rare) haircolour,like red hair or brunette hair...? Redheads,brunettes,blondes,blonettes and what,contrast-heads...? :D

SerinaDaith
January 18th, 2013, 11:25 AM
My DH has light brown hair on his head and a flaming ginger beard and goatee. He does bleach his hair blond but his roots are brown.

raingirl
January 18th, 2013, 11:26 AM
That does sound awesome!

The only person I know is myself actually. People always swear that my blond HAD TO BE bleach and couldn't be natural. I don't have a lot of pictures of myself (I'm always the one taking the pics) but this is one from 2 years ago when DH took me to get one of my cookbooks signed by one of my favourite chefs, Michael Smith. The pic was taken by some random nice person waiting in line behind us.

http://i152.photobucket.com/albums/s183/ZekwinFallout/4C3ACCD6-179F-4B9F-AABD-9F1D3A4CAF72-1715-000001A000D6C9FA_zpsfe8c0a84.jpg

Ironically though, I'm the only blonde in my family. My mom had dark brown/black hair, and my dad was a red head. The rest of my sisters have mousy brown hair.

raingirl
January 18th, 2013, 11:27 AM

I totally have this too! Sometimes I will just be playing with my hair and there will be this black hair mixed in! I used to just pull them out!

Naiadryade
January 18th, 2013, 12:11 PM
One of my best friends from when I was a teenager has some of the most beautiful multi-colored hair I've ever seen. It has several different shades of browns, blondes and reds, all mixed in together... rather breathtaking and it's totally the kind of thing some people get dyed, but it's her natural hair.

battles
January 18th, 2013, 01:48 PM
A girl I had gone to high school with had very dark hair with silver mixed in everywhere. I always thought her hair was so beautiful and unusual.

dollyfish
January 18th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I have a childhood friend with curly black hair and a thick silver streak on the right (her left) side. It's often swamped by the rest of her hair, but it's quite distinct, and definitely natural since it's been there as long as I've known her! (3rd grade)

Also, I have another friend with incredibly light blonde hair. When I first met her I would have sworn it was bleach. But her eyebrows and eyelashes are the same color, and she *claims* it's natural :)

Jeleebaby
January 18th, 2013, 02:19 PM
My mother and grandmother both had (greying now) very light red, verging on blonde hair, gran always compared it to ripe corn in the sunshine. Both have pale skin as you would expect with red hair but extremely dark brown eyes. The color skipped me, I ended up with a dark mousy brown. :mad:

tigereye
January 18th, 2013, 02:20 PM
My dad and sister were both born with really fine white hair (like true white - you couldn't get the colour if you tried), and it stayed that way until for each of them it started turning a light brown in primary school, and the strands got thicker. I always thought it was cool, and I can just imagine the effect with my dads bright blue eyes (my sisters are a dark green, so that was a cool effect too). My dad's hair only just started greying in his 50s, and my sister lightens her light brown hair back to a dark blonde.

My dark brown hair was slightly red, and when my parents had dragged me off to some sunny place for holiday (where I would invariably sunburn within the day - I mean, I burn in scotland! Dragging me to the carribean is not the best idea.) it would lighten at the ends and instead of looking ombre, it would look quite reddish for a couple of months until I got the sun damage cut off at my next trim. People would ask if it was dyed. :) I'm a henna-head now, because I always loved the red, but the natural shade wasn't noticeable enough for me, and to get it naturally involved me going to places that were too hot/sunny for my pale skin. Now when the sun shines, my hair shines ginger, and in the shade, it has a definite dark red about it.

Othala
January 18th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Boris Johnson (London Mayor) has white blonde hair. It looks a mess but intriguing too....silken and sensual. LOL.

MaryMarx
January 18th, 2013, 02:33 PM
My mother and grandmother both had (greying now) very light red, verging on blonde hair, gran always compared it to ripe corn in the sunshine. Both have pale skin as you would expect with red hair but extremely dark brown eyes. The color skipped me, I ended up with a dark mousy brown. :mad:

That sounds amazing. I love the combination natural red hair and brown eyes. :)

ratgirldjh
January 18th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Since my hair is on the way to becoming silver when I let my henna grow out it has: very dark brown (looks black), auburn (perhaps the fading away of my natural color due to age? it used to turn this color in the sun), and bright silver. All these colors are scattered about and the silver is more in patches over my ears and in the front.

I had my hair natural (un-heannaed) for a few years like this and once I had a kid at a festival stop and stare at my hair when I was sitting in the sun. Finally the kid told me that he liked my hair! I said thanks and he said 'it looks just like my cat.' lol :D

thenewstephie
January 18th, 2013, 03:31 PM
My husband has dark brown hair with carmally blonde streaky highlights all over. When I met him I thought for sure it was color treated. I didn't believe him when he told me it wasn't. I think my baby girl has his hair too which I am very excited about because it's really beautiful. I'll try to get a picture of it sometime.

Bianca
January 18th, 2013, 03:57 PM
Natural blonde shades are often many different shades in one, the "problem" is, most people dye over their dark blonde hair so its rarely seen in all its glory. I have both black, white blonde, dark blonde and red hairs on my head, and depending on what light im in, it can look like a different shade overall. Outside it looks golden blonde to strawberry, inside dark blonde to light brown and it lightens easily, so you get some nice (free) :P natural highlights - And that is the reason why I wouldn't dream of dying my hair ;)

Naiadryade
January 18th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Natural blonde shades are often many different shades in one, the "problem" is, most people dye over their dark blonde hair so its rarely seen in all its glory. I have both black, white blonde, dark blonde and red hairs on my head, and depending on what light im in, it can look like a different shade overall. Outside it looks golden blonde to strawberry, inside dark blonde to light brown and it lightens easily, so you get some nice (free) :P natural highlights - And that is the reason why I wouldn't dream of dying my hair ;)

Ooh, this sounds beautiful! I would love to see pictures (especially close-up), if you would be so kind. I have pretty simple brown hair, but when I was in 7th grade I had streaks of blonde, black, red and purplish-red dyed into it... I might have been going for something like your hair!

Ocelan
January 19th, 2013, 01:05 AM
In Finland it is rare but not all unusual to have white blonde hair as an adult and I know many who had hair that color in childhood. In fact me and my sister and brother all had blonde hair before we hit the teens. My brother is still a (darker) blonde at 24 and he was the one of us whose hair was white until about the age of 15. Our dad was the same when he was small.

When I was in highschool there were a few girls with really white hair, brows, lashes and all. They also had very pinkish white skin. Now I also know a family where the brothers have light blonde and white hair (in their 20's and 30's). The white haired one of them is a big guy so he is often called "The great white". :P Their sister dyes her hair black so I don't know what color hers is for real, but she has very pale skin aswell.

I also find very dark brown or black hair unusual on a person with very pale skin and blue/green eyes. I know one woman like this. She reminds me of Snow white.

misspurdy06
January 19th, 2013, 05:39 PM
I had a friend in High School who had the most amazing copper hair. I was sooooo jealous. She keeps bleaching it and dyeing it and it drives me crazy. It's like this pink and gold and copper and brown.

akilina
January 19th, 2013, 06:09 PM
In highschool there was a girl with natural ashy blond/light brown hair and it literally had a natural white white super white as snow streak right in the front. It was so cool!!

Someone mentioned their guy and his beard...My BF has mousy brownish dark hair but his beard is bright red, blond goatee, and black hairs all thru it. Its totally odd.

Kat
January 19th, 2013, 06:20 PM
My hair's a mix, though you can't tell until you pick up a few strands and look at them. From any distance of more than a few inches, it just looks like a mix of mousy-brown/dark-honey color. But in reality I have everything from fine gold-colored strands to coarse (and sometimes kinky) black strands, with everything in between, from red to shades of brown (and I've added a few grays within the past year as well). The mousy/ashy shades tend to come out more in artificial light, but the gold undertones really come out in the sunlight and the shine on the strands even looks sort of iridescent.

When I was a kid my hair was quite blond, but it darkened over the years (which is when my dark eyes and eyebrows started to make more sense-- but my eyebrows, and stuff like the hair on my legs, is still much darker than the hair on my head). But, my mom was also blond as a kid and by at least her teenage years it was mid-to-dark brown (I've not lined up old pics to see when hers changed or how quickly). Other relatives started out blond and stayed that way.

It's another part of the reason I'd be hesitant to henna even though I'd love to-- part of me doesn't want to lose all those colors. I know at least with henna I'd still retain a natural variation in shade, but still...

A girl I had gone to high school with had very dark hair with silver mixed in everywhere. I always thought her hair was so beautiful and unusual.
Yes, I had a friend like that too; her hair was dark brown but evenly interspersed she had silvery gray strands. Cool effect.

ouseljay
January 19th, 2013, 06:45 PM
If beards are fair game I'll mention Other's. His hair is dark, dark brown, not quite black, beautiful but not unusual. His beard hair, though, is similar but shot through with individual flamingly red hairs. It's a subtle kind of special when they catch the light.

Alvrodul
January 19th, 2013, 06:57 PM
A friend of my brother's is also one of those very pale blondes.

My youngest niece also has almost silvery blonde hair, but it will probably darken as she hits the teens - both my brother and I had that sort of hair colors when we were kinds.

Naiadryade
January 19th, 2013, 08:23 PM
My DBF also has dark brown hair but an orangey-red moustache. Also the part of his beard just below his mouth has a lot of orange in it. Maybe this isn't actually all that uncommon?

Ambystoma
January 19th, 2013, 08:27 PM
My cousin has nearly blue black 1a/c hair with an extremely pale "peaches and cream" complexion and blue eyes, it's very striking (guess who got Nana's hair type? hint: it's not me :laugh:).

chen bao jun - Yep, that's the colour she has, not a hint of brown it in, just pure black! I think it's very pretty and attention getting because as you say, most "black" hair isn't really black at all :).

chen bao jun
January 19th, 2013, 09:03 PM
My hair's black. It doesn't have any blue in it but it really is black (well, has some silvers now). I never thought this was unusual because it seems like many people have black hair but from various experiences I've had, it seems like many people actually have some shade of dark brown, not actual black. I rarely see another person of African descent with truly black hair. I remember once my sister-in-law bought a black wig, because she was sure she had black hair, even though the saleswoman told her that she would be more likely to need darkest brown. It turned out that the wig was not her hair color at all and she brought along to a family event to show us that we didn't have black hair either. Turns out, I did. My hair completely matched the wig (except that the wig was straightened and I'm not). I also spent time in Taiwan about 30 years ago. At that time (I think it might have changed now), people really admired black hair and I was always hearing that it was unusual--or unusual enough to attract notice. Many, many Chinese actually also have some shade of very dark brown. I got compliments the whole year long on how my hair was 'really' black--and also because I have a widow's peak, which is also apparently much admired. (I've always worn bangs to hide it here--I got teased a lot about it as a child). On the other hand, in Taiwan, they did not admire my eyes, which are either hazel or green depending on the light--Whenever they turned green, people would say that this was not at all attractive..
Win some, lose some, I guess.
Never been to India or the Middle East--maybe there are a large amount of people with actually black hair there? I'm somewhat curious.

sunnydee92
January 20th, 2013, 01:08 AM
I knew this girl who had a brown hair that had a natural grey/white stripe in it! Also, my great-grandma used to have super long and light strawberry blonde hair! It was so gorgeous...

DancingQueen
January 20th, 2013, 01:47 AM
Well, I have a kind of unusual hair color. Noone really knows what to call it, but it have a main color (not quite dirty blonde, not quite light brown, but a shade in between). Underneath it, I have at least one blonde lock of hair, that shows up when I braid it. I have occasionally found single coarse, black alien hairs in it (nothing you notice though), and sometimes I have sort of natural highlights in it. Oh, and it changes colour according to the light. Does that qualify as unusual?

Also my aunt (55 or so I think) have long had the most GORGEOUS shade of white hair, not grey hair. Just like my great grandmother, actually. That is exactly the color I want when I get old. It cannot be explained, it is just gorgeous!

Olavi
January 20th, 2013, 02:22 AM
My mom have mostly the very same hair colour as I have, with some greys, but she also have one or two spots where the hair is pure white. Some years ago she had a lot of stress and she had bald spots, approximately 2 centimeters in diameter. I started to check her scalp from time to time, to see if those spots had new hair or she got some new bald spots. Some spots grew frizzy hair (back to normal now), but those few spots grew pure white hair. Once I noticed this, I gave her absolute ban for any hair dyes ever again, because those strands are super cool. Luckily mom's hairdresser is our old acquaintance, and she had same opinion about the matter ;)

My mom is a teacher at elementary school, and her students (and colleagues) were sure that white strands were bleached :D

Aveyronnaise
January 20th, 2013, 06:56 AM
That sounds amazing. I love the combination natural red hair and brown eyes. :)

Me too I feel like it looks like sepia toned or a fox . My boyfriend has dark auburn hair and brown eyes and obviously I love it. Myself I have a weird almost purple toned hair naturally or burgundy. My best friend used to say it looked like ' cough syrup ' colored hair , I feel lucky because some kinds of hennidigo are proving to be very close to my natural hair color . It's making it easy to cover the gray.
My son has a really odd hair color to me because it's like camouflage or something, it's like dark strawberry blonde. On sunny days it looks like a golden blond color and on a cloudy day it looks straight up ginger, I keep wondering what crazy color it's going to turn as he gets older as he is only 5 - and his eyebrows are a kind of clear color .

Purdy Bear
January 20th, 2013, 06:59 AM
One of my teachers at school had a top layer of grey then the next was dark brown and the bottom layers were grey. It made her look very mystical. She was only in her 20s back then. I saw her recently and shes now all grey. A very strange hair colour indeed.

LadyCelestina
January 20th, 2013, 07:21 AM
I'd really like to see all the hair/beard colours everybody is describing in person!
I think red beards,are,actually kind of common.Interesting,but common.I know at least three guys with red beards,two of them have brown hair and one is a deep strawberry blonde.I also know a guy with brown hair-blackish beard.

An older teacher in an art school I visited had milky white hair.
Once I met a woman whose hair was a very even gray colour.No highlights.Just a solid steel gray.Even the "glow" that hair gets when light hits it from the back was gray.I couldn't stop looking. Maybe it was dyed tho.

Springlets
January 20th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Many, many Chinese actually also have some shade of very dark brown.... On the other hand, in Taiwan, they did not admire my eyes, which are either hazel or green depending on the light--Whenever they turned green, people would say that this was not at all attractive..
Win some, lose some, I guess.

I'm living as a foreign teacher in China right now and I think you're right. Although almost everyone here has a color that I think Western people would categorize as black, most do in fact have probably level 2 or 3 darkest brown. And I do believe that many here admire true black, even though so many of the girls dye their hair to a light orangey-brown. :shrug: A lot of them talk about having had black hair as a baby and then it turned "not so black" as they call it. Interesting since Western children's hair usually gets darker as they age.

That's interesting that they didn't like your green eyes. I see a lot of girls here wearing colored contacts, though I can't say I've had many compliments on my blue eyes, nor my boyfriend's green ones. They go more for my hair color I guess.

Rosetta
January 20th, 2013, 07:38 AM
In Finland it is rare but not all unusual to have white blonde hair as an adult and I know many who had hair that color in childhood.
Yeah, I was starting to wonder as several posters mentioned white blonde, as here it's not really unusual at all (and imo not even rare, on kids at least) ;)

spidermom
January 20th, 2013, 07:39 AM
I have a niece with basically ash blond to brown hair, but I could see highlights of pink and lavender under certain lights - really pretty. She dyes it dark now, though.

Springlets
January 20th, 2013, 07:48 AM
Yeah, I was starting to wonder as several posters mentioned white blonde, as here it's not really unusual at all (and imo not even rare, on kids at least) ;)

Question for the Fins and Scandinavians: I so often hear that *everybody* in these countries has super light blonde hair. I understand that the majority of people might have a type of blonde hair, and because of the large percentage you can occasionally see a white or super light blonde, but do most darken to a medium or dark blonde, like so often happens in other countries?

Rosetta
January 20th, 2013, 07:53 AM
^ Yes, most do darken after childhood :) (I was myself light blonde as a child, too.) Actually, here in Finland it seems to be the dark blonde/blonette (unattractively called "maantienvärinen", "road-coloured") that's by far the most common hair colour here (though most dye it), not the light blonde.

schweedie
January 20th, 2013, 08:01 AM
That sounds pretty much exactly like mine, heh! (But then I think we've figured out at some point in the past that we were hair colour twins or at least close to it, right?) And you're right, it is unsual. I can't remember the last time I saw someone with my hair colour out and about - probably because so many people either dye it darker or get highlights, like you say.

Springlets
January 20th, 2013, 08:12 AM
^ Yes, most do darken after childhood :) (I was myself light blonde as a child, too.) Actually, here in Finland it seems to be the dark blonde/blonette (unattractively called "maantienvärinen", "road-coloured") that's by far the most common hair colour here (though most dye it), not the light blonde.

See now that's what I figured. My imaginary thesis that most blondes turn dark no matter what country they are from has been proven! :D (As as American I so often hear people say "Go to Finland/Sweden/Norway to see what real blondes look like!" :rolleyes:)

Oh and I think it's interesting that most Finnish people have this color, yet don't consider it blonde anymore? Finland I think is known for having the most blondes.

Rosetta
January 20th, 2013, 08:29 AM
Oh and I think it's interesting that most Finnish people have this color, yet don't consider it blonde anymore? Finland I think is known for having the most blondes.

No, most definitely don't consider dark blonde "blonde" anymore... :( And I think Sweden and Norway actually have more (adult) blondes than we do :)

jacqueline101
January 20th, 2013, 10:56 AM
My hair is striped at times when I'm in the sun I get high lights. They look like stripes.

MaryMarx
January 20th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Question for the Fins and Scandinavians: I so often hear that *everybody* in these countries has super light blonde hair. I understand that the majority of people might have a type of blonde hair, and because of the large percentage you can occasionally see a white or super light blonde, but do most darken to a medium or dark blonde, like so often happens in other countries?

I was very light blonde as a child but it darkened a lot, most people I know who were blonde when kids have too. :)

HumanBean
January 20th, 2013, 11:07 AM
My mother had natural platinum blonde as a child. I am guessing it was the Norwegian part of her?

DancingQueen
January 20th, 2013, 11:56 AM
I think it is fairly common in Scandinavia. I also had platinum blonde as a child, but it got darker when I turned 10 or 11, I think.Both my mother and father was blonde as children as well, but ended up with a dark brown color.

Olavi
January 20th, 2013, 02:16 PM
I too was blonde when I was a child. I remember wondering why I was only blonde in my family :laugh: Summer pictures from that time are hilarious, because I had extreme tan and almost white hair. And bright blue eyes, size of plate.

Same was with my mother (except she had deep brown eyes) and three of my cousins. But that's the deal with Scandinavian genes :D

Loveisaverb
January 20th, 2013, 03:04 PM
When I was in elementary school I once had a classmate who had dark brown hair but on his hairline he had a bright white patch that some on the color went on his forehead. He always wore it spiked up and looked like he got glue in his hair but nope just a birthmark!

Kaelee
January 20th, 2013, 03:18 PM
DF has dark brown hair (now with grey streaked through) and a ginger/blonde mix in his mustache/beard. It's so adorable. :crush:

Anapeli
January 20th, 2013, 08:11 PM
My boys hair is medium brown. When he had chemo and it all fell out, it grew out a gorgeous blond color. After it fell out again, it grew back brown and has about 10 gray hairs. He was 7 when I first noticed the gray! Youngest graying I've ever seen!

goldloli
January 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
I think my hair colour is titian, that pale auburn. The reason I say think is because it changes in all lighting. One moment im the same colour as julia roberts in pretty woman, the next strawberry blonde, dark red, dirty/mousy blonette, golden blonde (like in my avi) etc. Some lighting my hair looks peach or pinkish, which i really like. When i look at my strands up close they are all different colours, from white blonde, red and dark brown spectrums. i think this is why it appears so different in each lighting. other people have outright asked me what my hair colour is, being equally confused.

it is awesome but i find it very hard to find colours, such as eyeshadow that look good. my eyes are the same colour as my hair, a weird changing amber shade... normally colours for redheads are based on copper hair and blue eyes. they say to wear bronzey colours, which just look muddy with matching hair and eyes. btw id anyone could help me out with suggestions that'd be great.

BranwenWolf
January 21st, 2013, 12:53 AM
The guy I am seeing has hair that looks like the color that henndigo yields on dark brown...it looks dark brown until he turns his head and you notice the reddish tint. He looked very puzzled when I asked him if he dyed his hair.

LadyCelestina
January 21st, 2013, 06:07 AM
it is awesome but i find it very hard to find colours, such as eyeshadow that look good. my eyes are the same colour as my hair, a weird changing amber shade... normally colours for redheads are based on copper hair and blue eyes. they say to wear bronzey colours, which just look muddy with matching hair and eyes. btw id anyone could help me out with suggestions that'd be great.

Can I ,can I,can I? :D People and their best colours is my favourite topic.
I'd suggest not looking at recommendations for what *usually* suits people of this and that haircolour.Try just putting on different shades of eyeshadow ( I used blue,white,purple, (cool) and gold,salmon orange,brown (warm colour) ) and see which of them makes your eyes look best -clearest,sharpest,vividest.

Kat
January 21st, 2013, 03:43 PM
Can I ,can I,can I? :D People and their best colours is my favourite topic.
I'd suggest not looking at recommendations for what *usually* suits people of this and that haircolour.Try just putting on different shades of eyeshadow ( I used blue,white,purple, (cool) and gold,salmon orange,brown (warm colour) ) and see which of them makes your eyes look best -clearest,sharpest,vividest.

This. I haven't even decided if I'm a warm or cool yet-- pretty sure I'm a warm (dark-blond/light-brown hair, brown eyes), but my mom once said "well of course you're a cool" and I had to point out otherwise and then she was like "oh. That makes sense"-- and my skin has more of gold undertones usually (and I tan a nice golden-brown when I do), but I've also seen more pinky undertones in my skin, depending on the light/part of my body... and I always had fewer gold undertones than my former partner, who had brown hair and blue eyes. So I just go by what I think looks good. :)

Vrindi
January 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
My hair color is unusual. It's blondette (not in itself unusual) but on the darker side, and I have a white birthmark right at the front of my hairline. I've always had a 1 1/2 inch very light blond streak that grows from that area. Kind of like Rogue in X-Men. It looks pretty cool pulled back or in braids. Hair stylists flip out over it.

LadyCelestina
January 22nd, 2013, 08:50 AM
I'm not sure how many people in other countries have my colour,but there's one thing I find interesting about it - it's dark,but has the same "iridescent" quality blonette hair does,and it's because I have both coarse dark hair and finer blonde hair,no red /unless I accidentaly bleach it/ and no medium brown hair.I didn't know it was rare,but my sister pointed that out once and since that,I saw very few people with the same hair colour,if any.

Sagi1982
January 23rd, 2013, 02:05 AM
I'm a natural blonde (light ash) with almost white and very dark single hairs. Looked like highlights before I'd got the first silvers. ;)

CSallaround
January 23rd, 2013, 03:32 AM
i have a boring brownish colour but I, like some of you, also experience finding single strands that are almost black. They're much thicker than the rest of my hair too. I used to pull them out when I was younger. A friend mocked me (not long ago, when I showed her) saying it was because my hair would soon start to grey. Anyone know something about this?

LadyCelestina
January 23rd, 2013, 05:38 AM
i have a boring brownish colour but I, like some of you, also experience finding single strands that are almost black. They're much thicker than the rest of my hair too. I used to pull them out when I was younger. A friend mocked me (not long ago, when I showed her) saying it was because my hair would soon start to grey. Anyone know something about this?

If this was true,I'd be gray and grayer by now :)

ETA : And you probably too - since your post suggests you have had them for a longer time.

cranberrymoonz
January 23rd, 2013, 05:48 AM
DBF has blond hair with a lot of natural highlights and lowlights, but his goatie is bright ginger. It looks pretty interesting, but I have seen more guys with blonde or brown hair and reddish beards.. Somaybe it's not as unique after all.