PDA

View Full Version : I did something bad ... but not sure what

W2
January 17th, 2013, 11:28 AM
Two days ago I washed my hair, nothing new about that. Normally I use some of my regular conditioner as a leave in. I can't remember, if I did that, but I think I did.

I then tried plopping. Made some nice waves:o And then I sprayed it with hair spray. Something I NEVER do on loose hair

And here's my problem. Normally I would wash it 3-4 days later, but my hair was totally messy. I couldn't untangle it at all!

So today I washed again. And it's back to normal.

What's the culprit?

Plopping or hairspray?

Tota
January 17th, 2013, 11:38 AM
I'm sure it's hairspray. I plop regularly and the only time my hair got messy and tangly was when I used mousse, hairgel od hairspray because I though it would help me make my waves more defined. The best solution for me is to condition generously and then plop without products.

W2
January 17th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Normally I just let it hang and dry. Did today and braided when dry. All's good!

DancingQueen
January 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Hairspray. Every time I use it, it is like my hair is glued together, and it takes forever to detangle (and I loose a good ammount of hair as well...). If you want to make it look good again, you have to wash it.

Yup, sounds like the hairspray.

door72067
January 17th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I'd say the hairspray

I hadn't used hairspray in an age, but did one day last week because I spent the morning curling my hair and wanted the curls to last

several things happened...1. I wasted my time with the curling iron because 2. it seems the healthier my hair gets, the less likely it will hold curl and 3. the hair spray made my hair feel like straw...it was awful! and it was a tangled mess by lunchtime (hello hair sticks!!)

ravenreed
January 17th, 2013, 12:29 PM
When I use hairspray, I make sure to CO it out that night. I don't even try to detangle my hair until I get the hairspray out.

Carolyn
January 17th, 2013, 01:09 PM
It's the hair spray. You did the right thing washing it out right away and not being hung up on waiting until a certain day to wash it again.

jojo
January 17th, 2013, 01:42 PM
Agree with everyone else, hairspray is terrible for my fine hair. Id just do a clarify and DC treatment and your hair will be good as new!

Audhumla
January 17th, 2013, 03:15 PM
I have fine hair and I don't mind using hairspray on my fringe but anywhere else and it's a nightmare to detangle.
Definitely the hairspray imo.

Madora
January 17th, 2013, 03:19 PM
Yes, definitely the hairspray. Glad you were able to get rid of it pronto. That stuff is horrible on your hair, not to mention attracts every particle in the universe to your freshly washed hair. You don't need that!