PDA

View Full Version : need some help from other white-haired ladies that dye

mamaherrera
January 17th, 2013, 10:07 AM
OK I have really upped my white hairs this year, started when I was 28, and they came on in pairs but infrequently and now they come in pairs, but way more frequently. And I" m 32 now. Don't know how bad this is going to get and how fast. But currently I henna those areas, just roots once a week because I like to pull my hair back and since the majority of these are in my temples, I feel they can be seen because within a week I can see them at times in the mirror when I pull my hair back, even the one on top. But I feel like I"m crazy because everyone else who say they have a lot (my husband says my 24 white hairs aren't a lot) dye their hair once a month at most. so I think does my hair grow really fast or what? Everyone else says within 3 weeks, they're noticeable, so why are mine shining at me in a week in the bathroom mirror? Just wondering if anyone else sees their white roots within a week in the mirror, how you deal with it, does anyone else dye as frequently as me, or what are the tricks out there? I've tried hair mascaras/ touch ups that are temporary but haven't found any that work. Thanks
Andrea Herrera
Oh and I have black hair so that makes it worse.

dulce
January 17th, 2013, 11:29 AM
I had the same problem ,I ended up dyeing every 2 weeks and my hair started breaking off.The white/silver roots show so much so fast !I ended up stopping dyeing and now love my silvery streaked hair[probably not what you want to hear]Good luck in finding a solution.Maybe highlights? a solid dye shows the roots more than highlights..since your hair is dark,maybe dark low lights?

dulce
January 17th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Maybe try a black brow powder brushed on that area?

turtlelover
January 17th, 2013, 05:35 PM
OK I have really upped my white hairs this year, started when I was 28, and they came on in pairs but infrequently and now they come in pairs, but way more frequently. And I" m 32 now. Don't know how bad this is going to get and how fast. But currently I henna those areas, just roots once a week because I like to pull my hair back and since the majority of these are in my temples, I feel they can be seen because within a week I can see them at times in the mirror when I pull my hair back, even the one on top. But I feel like I"m crazy because everyone else who say they have a lot (my husband says my 24 white hairs aren't a lot) dye their hair once a month at most. so I think does my hair grow really fast or what? Everyone else says within 3 weeks, they're noticeable, so why are mine shining at me in a week in the bathroom mirror? Just wondering if anyone else sees their white roots within a week in the mirror, how you deal with it, does anyone else dye as frequently as me, or what are the tricks out there? I've tried hair mascaras/ touch ups that are temporary but haven't found any that work. Thanks
Andrea Herrera
Oh and I have black hair so that makes it worse.

I cover gray, and I see roots pretty quickly, but my hair is wavy/curly, so that disguises it pretty well. I just don't wear my hair pulled back harshly during the 3rd and 4th week, and I let my hair dry w/ little claw clips at the roots on top of my head to give me some lift near my part -- great at hiding roots. (I dye monthly). Henna would be WAY too much work to do frequently (though I LOVE the colors it gives!) so I stick to a demi perm color which works out very well. You could use and touch your roots up with that every couple of weeks without too much trouble since if you overlap a bit using the very low volume developer, it won't hurt anything. If you use colors other than black, you'd have to be a bit more careful I think, though it is still easy enough to learn how to do.

I like the look of gray hair, but the color I am using tames the rebellious gray hairs so much that I am going to stick w/ the dye for now, even though it can be a pain. My hair just looks soooo much prettier w/ the color, sadly. Whatever you decide, enjoy your hair!

EDIT: I do NOT recommend most permanent dye other than a couple of types like Goldwell and Robert Craig. Most are quite damaging, sadly.