PDA

View Full Version : Nisim F.A.S.T Shampoo

BellCat
January 17th, 2013, 05:32 AM
Hi everyone,

I just recently bought Nisim's FAST (Fortified Amino Scalp Therapy) shampoo, after reading an article about it in a newspaper. The company claims that it will boost hair growth up to a possible 2 inches a month after six weeks or more of use. I was instantly skeptical about it but couldn't resist looking it up online and checking out reviews on amazon. Most of the reviews say it really does work so I gave in and decided to try it out for myself. I didn't bother buying the conditioner to match as I read it doesn't do much to condition the hair. You are instructed to shampoo, massage well into scalp, rinse and repeat and to use everyday. I tried the shampoo for the first time two days ago, it left my hair feeling dry but nothing a bit of olive oil couldn't solve. I measured my hair yestureday at 23.5 inches (without taking away the length of the parting), so i'm going to measure again next month and see if it really works. I know it's more than likely not to work but I couldn't help but try it out, you never know!

hafattack
January 17th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I loved NISIM FAST. Never measured my growth but I know it was boosted!

BellCat
January 17th, 2013, 06:15 AM
That's great it worked for you. The weird thing is my hair seems to be drying nicer naturally after using it twice. The second time didn't seem to dry out the hair as much, I put a lot of argan oil in my hair yesterday when it was wet and it is really soft.

AnnaB
January 17th, 2013, 07:52 AM
I had shampoo and conditioner and unfortunately it didn't do much for me. Cost a fortune though.
Good luck, keep us posted.

MaryO
January 17th, 2013, 10:13 AM
I also tried it before with no good news. Hope it works for you though!

Angelica
January 17th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I've purchased it as well. At first my hair was very dry and tangly after using it, but now my hair seems to have adjusted and I know I should be washing it every day as instructed on the bottle, but I have got out of that practice now and can't be bothered to do it everyday. What I have noticed though is that my hair seems to be able to go longer without a wash than usual.

BellCat
January 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
Just a quick update on my experience using fast shampoo for the past week, I've noticed tonight while putting coconut oil throughout the length of my hair that all the little baby hairs along my hairline have seriously grown a lot longer, some I didn't even know existed it's so strange!! It's been little over a week and although I dislike having the wash my hair everyday it seems to be working? I don't like how it makes my hair feel dry but I can't wait to measure my hair in 3 weeks time and see if it is actually working!

Angelica
January 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
That's interest Bellcat. I no longer wash my hair everyday, can't be bothered. But you have just made me rethink this decision. It does seem to dry out the hair at first, but I just put a bit of extra conditioner on afterwards.

jacqueline101
January 23rd, 2013, 04:41 PM
I'd like to hear about this. I tried to use the hair plus.

maborosi
January 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
I'd love to hear more about this. Very interesting...

Please keep us updated on your results! I'm always interested in hearing about growth products, lol!

~maborosi~

Falcore
January 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
Good luck with it and please keep us all updated with your progress. There seems to be a fair few good reviews on it. :)

TitaniaOfFairys
January 23rd, 2013, 05:59 PM
I like this shampoo very much. I didn't notice some extreme faster growing, but last time my hair was this long, the growing was cleary slower (only 5-10 mm a month). I thought it will reach its terminal length soon. Now, at the same length, it still grows 1.5 - 2 cm per month. So i think even if the shampoo can't make it grow faster, but I'm sure it helps to keep the normal growing rate.
My scalp is very sensitive, and I have build-up problems too, sometimes. The shampoo helps to clean it very well, and it still not harsh. It has SLS, what my hair likes, but I use it very diluted, with some drops of emu or argan oil in it.

BellCat
January 31st, 2013, 08:07 AM
My hair has grown half an inch!!! After 16 days of using the shampoo it seems my hair has grown from 23.5 to 24 inches!! I'm not sure if this is normal or fast? I didn't think it would work so quick?

veyron
January 31st, 2013, 11:56 AM
PICS OR IT DIDN'T HAPPEN!

JK! I'm happy for your incredible growth! But I've always been dubious about shampoo or oil or anything that claims to stimulate hair growth (monistat, anyone?) but I'd really, really, really like to believe Nisim F.A.S.T is working so I can go grab myself a couple!

BellCat
January 31st, 2013, 12:10 PM
If you would like ill post pics after I wash conditioner out of my hair tomorrow. I'm not sure if you will notice half an inch growth from my signature pic but Ill put one up anyway! I'm shocked as I didn't expect it to work so quick? If it is why my hair has grown ?

Ravenwind
January 31st, 2013, 12:28 PM
I am also skeptical about this shampoo but I think I would have more trust in someone on LHC using it and claiming it makes their hair grow faster than someone on youtube or something. If it really does work that would be awesome, but having to wash your hair everyday to make it work is too much for me o.o

BellCat
January 31st, 2013, 12:53 PM
I know what you mean. I've been searching online for some real reviews also. I just had to try it out. The washing everyday is quite annoying I admit and the shampoo does make my hair feel dry, but if it actually works I don't mind!! Not sure if the growth is definitely from the shampoo, or from not using heat and taking biotin for the past month? Ill post up some pics tomorrow, at the moment I have conditioner in my hair, because the shampoo makes my hair feel dry it's important to give the length a deep treatment often.

Ravenwind
January 31st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I know what you mean. I've been searching online for some real reviews also. I just had to try it out. The washing everyday is quite annoying I admit and the shampoo does make my hair feel dry, but if it actually works I don't mind!! Not sure if the growth is definitely from the shampoo, or from not using heat and taking biotin for the past month? Ill post up some pics tomorrow, at the moment I have conditioner in my hair, because the shampoo makes my hair feel dry it's important to give the length a deep treatment often.

I think there could be lots of contributing factors to making your hair grow faster and the shampoo could be one of them as well, but hey if it works, it works :)

veyron
January 31st, 2013, 08:52 PM
I've heard that washing you hair daily actually enhances growth because you're massaging your scalp which stimulates hair follicles. Could this be the case?

maborosi
January 31st, 2013, 11:38 PM
Do you have a listing of ingredients?

~maborosi~

BellCat
February 1st, 2013, 01:56 AM
Veyron I was actually thinking the same thing, the instructions tell you to scrub your scalp?? I don't scrub too hard as I feel bad washing it everyday as it is, but I was thinking that because my hair is so naturally oily (it gets greasy the day after I wash it) could it be making my scalp healthier as I have sebaceous cysts on my scalp for the past couple of years, or is it damaging my hair and I don't know it yet :p the plus side if the shampoo doesn't actually work is it is forcing me to massage my scalp everyday which I constantly forget to do!

Maborosi, the ingredients on the back of the bottle are : Water, sodium laureth, sulfate, lauramide DEA, cocamidopropyl betaine,

Glycol distearate, cocamide MEA, laureth-10, panthenol inositol, cysteine , cystine, biotin, methionine , sodium chloride parfum,

Citric acid, benzophenone 4, tetrasodium EDTA, methylchloroisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone, C142090

Coolcombination
February 1st, 2013, 02:17 AM
Hmmm biotin in it, watch your dosage of it if u are taking it in two forms, I'm excited now can't wait to see the results. Have you noticed a change in thickness?

BellCat
February 1st, 2013, 02:46 AM
Not sure if it will make your hair thicker, I think it will help the hair you have to grow. What I have noticed are the baby hairs around my hair line are much more noticeable like there is more of them or that the look longer, not quite sure what exactly looks different about them but they have changed! I was suprised to see biotin in the ingredients?

jojo
February 1st, 2013, 03:00 AM
I tried this last year and got a boost in growth too, cant remember exactly how much but it was more than usual, however it made my hair feel very coated and dry so i stopped using it.
It also made my scalp very sore, as did monistat as in tender sore. I very rarely get scalp problems so i think the shampoo may have been a bit too much for me.

I've tried the hair belle ( i think thats its name) and it made my hair split terribly.

Angelica
February 1st, 2013, 05:16 PM
I am continuing with this shampoo and conditioner, although I don't use it every day as I no longer wash my hair that often. But I have noticed that my hair is feeling fuller, unsure about the length though, what else I have noticed is it is now easier for me to stretch out the washes. I cut off two inches at the end of December, I don't measure my hair as I can never get an accurate measurement. I give my scalp a very good massage with the shampoo and conditioner. I didn't realise biotin was in the ingredients. I just don't have time to wash my hair every day now, so I may not see the full benefits of this product if it does work.

BellCat
February 2nd, 2013, 03:13 PM
Here is a shot of my hair half an inch longer than my signature. I Don't know if you can notice much difference! Hopefully it will grow another half inch in the next two weeks! Also what hair type would you say I have?? I can't tell/find info online!

http://i1188.photobucket.com/albums/z406/bellcat771/1c924ff2-68e7-41a1-92d1-caa07abb2c64.jpg

Angelica
February 2nd, 2013, 03:48 PM
Lovely hair in great condition. I can't tell what hair type it is, but it looks thick to me.

BellCat
February 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM
Thanks! I think my hair is 'thick' but there is not a lot of it. Although I'm not sure if the shampoo is meant to thicken it certainly feels thicker.

Angelica
February 2nd, 2013, 03:55 PM
I certainly feel my hair is fuller with the shampoo and much more manageable. My hair is very fine and "thin," so you're not may hair type, lucky you :)

BellCat
February 2nd, 2013, 04:01 PM
I'm not sure if is is thick but it's thin at the same time if that makes any sense. Sometimes it dries wavy and sometimes straight. Also doesn't seem to like soft water. It makes it frizzy at the ends :s

darkrose
February 19th, 2013, 09:45 AM
Ok, I thought I should share my experiance with it too. I used nism last year but it dried my hair out too much, however back then my hair was extremely damaged and I had not discovered oil.
Now my hair is BSL and healthy so I gave the shampoo and conditioner another go because my parents bought it for me as a present.
Firstly I only use it twice a week, not every day because of the dryness. Also, it says to use the shampoo twice, but I used keratin ( pink stuff) shampoo first then the actual shampoo. Also, I leave this on for 3 mins.
I then massage the conditioner into the scalp, and use Dove conditioner on the ends of the hair. This I keep on for 10 mins, wash it off and then use oil.
My hair has increased growth, it's thicker and shinier. :) love it.

@bellcat wow, your hair is beautiful! The colour is so rich and looks really healthy. :)

BellCat
February 24th, 2013, 01:19 AM
I am starting to think that it is making my hair look thicker. Not sure if I am going to buy it again when it runs out, washing it everyday is very annoying especially when busy most days and the constant oiling after washing because of the dryness is also starting to annoy me lol :D I like taking care of my hair but everyday is too much for me as I am so busy. Ill keep measuring until its gone and if it hasn't grown that much I'm going to go back to my old routine :)

Zindell
February 24th, 2013, 01:46 AM
I'm always very sceptical about products that claims to make your hair grow faster.

I mean... If it actually works, is that a good thing for the hair? Maybe the hair will grow out all wonky and uneven because of beeing forced out of it's hair follicle faster than naturally? Will it actually give the hair time to build up thickness etc and getting ready before "sprouting up"?

I may be way off, but I don't dare to try these products on myself. :p

BellCat
February 24th, 2013, 01:55 AM
I know I am still skeptical. I think it claims to make the scalp healthier so that hair can grow faster/healthier?? Not sure if that's even possible, but for me my hair is so oily and my scalp has sebaceous cysts for the past couple of years maybe it wants to be squeaky clean everyday lol I just know the length doesn't like it and wants more moisture.

Zindell
February 24th, 2013, 02:04 AM
but for me my hair is so oily and my scalp has sebaceous cysts for the past couple of years maybe it wants to be squeaky clean everyday lol

One or two times a year I get sebum buildup on my scalp and I've noticed that me fiddling around with it (scritching scalp to get rid of 'clumps'. Sorry for TMI) usually makes me lose quite a few hairs in the procedure. When this happens I start to wash my hair much more often than usual, to get rid of the sebum from the scalp. I feel it might be more harmful for me losing hair in clumps from the scritching than actually washing it a lot and get rid of the sebum build up.

Thankfully it doesn't happen too often.

BellCat
February 24th, 2013, 02:11 AM
I know how you feel the shedding is annoying and my scalp is very oily! I would normally wash my hair every two days because of how greasy it gets. The day after I wash my hair it will be greasy!! I might look out for a shampoo that could help this?

ybessie
August 19th, 2013, 01:03 AM
After hearing that some of my friends have had great success using F.A.S.T, I tried it out, but it didn't work at all, and I also didn't like the fact that you had to wash your hair daily!

jessicac1
August 19th, 2013, 03:23 AM
I used it for a few months and didn't notice any change. I also don't like to wash my hair every day!! I wash mine every 3 days.

HollyBerry5
August 20th, 2013, 02:38 PM
I recently just finished using this and may not buy again.
It definitely boosted my growth in the first 2 weeks of using it, but I couldn't keep washing my hair everyday and didn't see much of a boost overall, certainly not 2 inches worth.
Nice clean smell and might work for you if you stick to the instructions though! :))

akilina
August 20th, 2013, 03:19 PM
I will never stop wishing that there was some magic product that made your hair grow. I haven't used the fast products at all but I did try viviscal. I liked the supplements but they were so expensive...then I had one month left and I came home and my *#%¥+!! Dog had popped every one of those stupid ass pills out of the pack. I checked into it and it would be so much cheaper to buy the individual supplements.I also gather that most of these shampoos seem to make hair sooo dry...I wonder why??? I'd rather have normal growth than brittle dry hair.

BlondeWavyGal
August 20th, 2013, 03:20 PM
used it for awhile, but seriously dried my hair. Literally, it was a bush. Even after alot of conditioner/coconut oil/hair masking. It did boost my growth by a bit, though.

bexcalo
October 21st, 2013, 05:28 AM
I use this product and i have to say that i really like it. It makes my hair feel fuller and there is definite growth, although i have majorly lacksed on washing daily. I will be going back to washing daily on nov 1st, my own personal month challenge.

Enrapture
October 21st, 2013, 06:28 AM
I used it about 2 years ago. I quite liked it. I think it made my hair grow faster because it got a lot healthier. But i don't think it's worth buying. I think a lot cheaper remedies can do the same thing.