PDA

View Full Version : Hair Forks: Length and number of prongs?

pacific rain
January 16th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Hi!

I'm wanting to get some hair forks, but am not sure which length and number of prongs would work with my hair. My hair is nearly waist-length, which on me is about 32 inches, it's ii/iii thickness. I've been using hair sticks for quite some time, and want to try something different :)

If you have any suggestions for what size of hair fork I should get, please tell me!

Thank you all so much!

PixxieStix
January 16th, 2013, 09:08 PM
I you're familiar with hair sticks, I'd say go for some 2 and 3 pronged hair forks for starts, they'll be more secure than a single stick but give you less of a learning curve than if you jumped into say, a 4 pronged hair fork. The tension on my buns with a fork is different than with my sticks.

I'd suggest a 4.5 or 5 inch functional length for your hair, I'm at a little past APL with ii/iii hair and bought forks at 4 inch functional length to "grow in to", but that just might happen at BSL or so, as they work pretty darn well right now and once I start creeping up on waist I'll likely need to re-evaluate which ones to buy again in longer functional lengths. :)

jojo
January 17th, 2013, 12:20 AM
I have just moved onto forks and my length is just over 31.5" i like my forks to be hidden by my buns, so i tend to go for 4.5" of workable length. My favourite is a 3 pronged by jeterforks but ive just ordered a 5 pronged. I never used to wear forks as i felt they always felt tight in my hair but that was just me and positioning. IMHO the 3 is the most comfortable fork ive ever worn, cant comment on the 5 until ive tried, but im happy ive moved on from hair sticks to forks, it was a good move!