PDA

View Full Version : Remotely hosted signature images not working

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
Not even uploading works, because then it is too large. How do I solve this? Remote should be ok I wager and not block?

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:20 PM
Remote uploading is disabled. If you look at the bottom of the signature editing page, it says the [IMG] code is disabled. So, you need to shrink the picture to whatever size will fit, and then upload through LHC.

Clear as mud?

dancingbarefoot
March 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
According to the signature editing page, the maximum image size is now 400 by 200 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller). Is your picture larger than that?

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Larger than 9.8k yes, but remotely hosted.

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
Remote uploading is disabled. If you look at the bottom of the signature editing page, it says the [IMG] code is disabled. So, you need to shrink the picture to whatever size will fit, and then upload through LHC.

Clear as mud?
Clear as mud now :)

dancingbarefoot
March 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM

Clear as mud?

Mine doesn't say that. :confused: Could be because I'm a mod, though. Underneath the editing box, there are two options for uploading an image besides using [IMG] tags.

dancingbarefoot
March 7th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Larger than 9.8k yes, but remotely hosted.

I'm not sure that it matters now. The limit might be regardless of where it's hosted (to prevent giant signatures from roaming free). ETA: I'm just guessing here. Still have to learn the new ropes just like everyone else.

Euphony
March 7th, 2008, 04:25 PM
Oh I get it - my kb must be too big - how do I fix that without it looking all pixelated?

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Now it works.. all I need is it to show up now :lol:

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Mine doesn't say that. :confused: Could be because I'm a mod, though. Underneath the editing box, there are two options for uploading an image besides using [IMG] tags.
Probably because you're a Mod. You get all the superpowers. :grin:

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Got it all working! Thanks for the help :)

snowbear
March 7th, 2008, 04:44 PM
Hooray! (And you're welcome!)

Kyamo
March 7th, 2008, 07:48 PM
How can I make the file size smaller without changing the pixel dimensions? Mine is small enough by pixels but the file size is too large.

PatGear
March 7th, 2008, 08:53 PM
Kyamo, you can try saving it with a higher compression ratio.

Darian Moone
March 7th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I'm giving up for today. I can upload my sig pic from photobucket and see it on the edit signature page, as well as upload it from my computer directly. It will not show up in my siggy when I click on "preview signature" though, nor will it show up in my posts. The photo is very small, like a postage stamp. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm not using the [img] code. When I try to link it from photobucket I copy the direct link and upload the photo from there. When I try to upload the photo directly from my computer I use the "browse" option, select the photo, hit upload. I then see the photo appear on the edit siggy page, but it will not show up in the "preview" or in my actual signature.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?

Flaxen
March 7th, 2008, 10:12 PM
How can I make the file size smaller without changing the pixel dimensions? Mine is small enough by pixels but the file size is too large.

Open the picture in MS Paint, then save it again. Paint saves at a nice, low size. :smile:

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 11:55 PM
I'm giving up for today. I can upload my sig pic from photobucket and see it on the edit signature page, as well as upload it from my computer directly. It will not show up in my siggy when I click on "preview signature" though, nor will it show up in my posts. The photo is very small, like a postage stamp. I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. I'm not using the [img] code. When I try to link it from photobucket I copy the direct link and upload the photo from there. When I try to upload the photo directly from my computer I use the "browse" option, select the photo, hit upload. I then see the photo appear on the edit siggy page, but it will not show up in the "preview" or in my actual signature.

Anyone have an idea what I'm doing wrong?
After you have done all that, on the right hand side of the image there is a link "Insert Signature Picture" click that, OR on the spot where you want the sig to appear, put {SIGPIC}{/SIGPIC}. With these brackets: [ and ] instead of { and }

Darian Moone
March 8th, 2008, 01:08 PM
No link appears. :( I'll try adding the code as you suggest. Thanks! :flower:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 01:47 PM
No link appears. :( I'll try adding the code as you suggest. Thanks! :flower:
Hey, it looks like it worked! Yay!

Silver Strands
March 8th, 2008, 02:04 PM
No more ticker factory counters in our signatures?

Darian Moone
March 8th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Hey, it looks like it worked! Yay!

It worked in a round about way. LOL! The button never appeared but I manually put the SIGPIC code in then uploaded again and it worked. :D Thanks for all the tips everyone!

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 08:15 PM
It worked in a round about way. LOL! The button never appeared but I manually put the SIGPIC code in then uploaded again and it worked. :D Thanks for all the tips everyone!
Ah, the mightily elusive sigpic. :lol: