PDA

View Full Version : I'm back!

BranwenWolf
January 15th, 2013, 07:53 PM
Hi!
Me and my hair have been through a lot... I guess the most startling thing is I went from 40" to just longer than chin length in various increments.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Mighty_Mule/DSC00248-1.jpg (summer 2011)

About where I am now, taken around Christmas. It has grown out a bit since the initial cut.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Mighty_Mule/430891_10151373694228245_2049975474_n_zps7db3d223. jpg

I am hoping to grow to somewhere between BSL and waist. The annoying thing now is it's in layers. I had to cut because I tried to lift henndigo.:eek: I spent 6 hours in a salon and parted with a very large sum of money, but I did eventually go from brown back to blonde.
I'm an evil flat-iron person now because my natural texture is corkscrew curls, and most of the time I just don't feel like dealing with them. Any tips on nourishing heat-styled hair are appreciated.

I see lots of people I remember and some new faces!

PixxieStix
January 15th, 2013, 08:02 PM
Hello, and welcome back! Your journey certainly has been fun to follow, and best of luck to you on your continued growth from here on out. :)

Tressie
January 15th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Welcome back, Branwen! I must say your hair looks lovely at either length! You make me want to try one of those flatirons! My hair dries a lot like your first photo, and smooth would be a nice change! :flower:

jacqueline101
January 15th, 2013, 09:09 PM
Welcome back I wish you well on your journey.

BranwenWolf
January 15th, 2013, 09:16 PM
Welcome back, Branwen! I must say your hair looks lovely at either length! You make me want to try one of those flatirons! My hair dries a lot like your first photo, and smooth would be a nice change! :flower:

Don't go cheap with one, I bought the $10 version and all it did was scrape. Something with ceramic tourmaline blades glides very smoothy. I also oil a lot before I shower, and try to stretch the times between washes.
This is what it looks like short, dry, and not straightened. It was early morning and I was at the doctor's office, hence the face and the poster in the background.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/Mighty_Mule/222494_10151301248083245_1176866970_n_zpsa2e45b9b. jpg

Tressie
January 15th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I can identify! Looks a lot like my doctor's office visit face too! Ha! Thanks for the tip about the right iron btw!

BranwenWolf
January 15th, 2013, 09:45 PM
I am by no means an expert and I'm still figuring the thing out. I got a nice one for Christmas (Chi Air something?) and it has a lot of variable temperatures. Sadly, the curls will not come out of my hair until I turn it up to the highest, so that's why I step up the oiling and conditioning. It is growing out nicely but I also go in for regular, cheap trims to keep the ends from getting tatty. I never thought I'd be a regular salon patron but here I am...

jojo
January 16th, 2013, 01:41 AM
Welcome back, your hair looks lovely. Ive just started with catnip rinses and already my hair is feeling stronger and i hear you on the straightening, i do too occassionally, hair is for enjoying or why have it! Enjoy your journey.

JamieLeigh
January 16th, 2013, 11:16 PM
Hey, you! :D Welcome back! It's nice to see you around here again.

BranwenWolf
January 19th, 2013, 11:30 AM
:hifive::wethree::flowers: It feels good to be back.

alexis917
January 19th, 2013, 11:38 AM
Welcome back! I admit, I give in and straighten too, but I'm trying to keep it to a once-a-month thing.

catamonica
January 19th, 2013, 07:57 PM
Your hair is beautiful. Whatever length it gets to be!

SunlightShines
January 19th, 2013, 08:53 PM
I just did a cut before Christmas too. I did use a flat iron (ceramic/tourmaline) so I'd have nice smooth hair for Christmas eve. Instead of oiling damp, I oiled after flat ironing so I wouldn't fry my hair by heating up the oil with the iron. Worked really nice and so far I can't see or feel any damage! Just in case, today I started using catnip to try to strengthen my hair.

MidnightMoon
January 19th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Why did you cut your hair? o.O

Falcore
January 19th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Welcome back! :D

BranwenWolf
January 20th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Why did you cut your hair? o.O

I did the unthinkable. I tried to lift henndigo and thought I was successful for a bit, but that damn ugly green kept coming back. I just couldn't life with so much khaki green hair. When they first did the salon cut there were still little bits of green hiding but it's all gone now, and growing back in normally. I chronicled the whole color journey in another thread somewhere.

So....just add me as another statistic that lifting henndigo doesn't work.

Quixii
January 20th, 2013, 02:23 AM
Welcome back! :flower:

MidnightMoon
January 20th, 2013, 08:10 AM
I did the unthinkable. I tried to lift henndigo and thought I was successful for a bit, but that damn ugly green kept coming back. I just couldn't life with so much khaki green hair. When they first did the salon cut there were still little bits of green hiding but it's all gone now, and growing back in normally. I chronicled the whole color journey in another thread somewhere.

So....just add me as another statistic that lifting henndigo doesn't work.

Aw I'm sorry to hear that :/
At least it will grow back, though :)
You hair is lovely ^^

Unofficial_Rose
January 20th, 2013, 09:19 AM
The shorter cut looks very pretty anyway. And I love the colour.

Xi
January 20th, 2013, 09:33 AM
Welcome back! :waving: Your hair is looking lovely -- I'm glad it's back to the colour you wanted. Happy growing! :)