PDA

View Full Version : Slow Growth/ Recommendations

dragonfly90
January 15th, 2013, 11:15 AM
I buzzed my hair off mid-August and its barely grown two inches since then. I'm only 22, but it seems to be growing back thinner than before. Before I got rid of the vast majority of my hair, I bleached it numerous times, so the very tips still look a bit bleached. I don't know if the ends are breaking off/ splitting? I've been taking biotin and biosil, but they don't seem to have had much of an effect. I wash my hair pretty much everyday. Any suggestions on how to make it grow faster?

jacqueline101
January 15th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Monistat helped my hair growth.

bunzfan
January 15th, 2013, 11:50 AM
I would also mention a good multi vitamin and protein shakes my hair has really grown and got a lot thicker since i started drinking them, started about a year ago.

akilina
January 15th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Well if you think- normal growth is about a half inch a month.. So around 2 inches really does seem normal enough..I would think that its possible your ends might be breaking off. If not...some of us just don't grow hair fast. Many months I do not even get a half inch of growth either.. Its hard when you hear some people growing an inch a MONTH!

I would try castor oil. Theres a thread for it in the herbal sub forum. I mix castor oil and coconut oil together and put it in a cold place so it all solidifies together. It makes it sooo easy to apply to the scalp. Use that a few times a week. Or every other day. It may help you out. Castor oil has helped a lot of us with new growth and I really think the mixture of the Castor and coconut is quite moisturizing. My hair and scalp soak it all up. Some have really successfully grown their eye lashes and eyebrows thicker with it. So it has to work for the scalp. I have so much new growth from it.

rock007junkie
January 15th, 2013, 02:49 PM
oiling my scalp with mustard oil for a couple of hours before I wash is working really well for me. It warms your scalp and stimulates blood flow

EndlessSunshine
January 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Eat healthy, exercise, drink water, and scalp massage.

browneyedsusan
January 16th, 2013, 05:56 AM
It sounds like your growth rate is quite normal to me! Time grows hair. It is growing. Every day. Just relax, ignore it, and look at it again in a couple of months.

Fantak
January 16th, 2013, 06:07 AM
I second the protein, either through supplements (like shakes) or diet. It'ssupposed to be especially beneficial when taken with breakfast. HTH ^.^

dragonfly90
January 17th, 2013, 03:26 PM
Thanks for the responses! I'm probably not getting enough protein in my diet, so maybe protein shakes would help. I'm anxious to get my hair growing faster since I start school in less than a week, but it is what it is :rolleyes:

swearnsue
January 17th, 2013, 05:04 PM
Anything that will be good for your general health will help your hair. It shouldn't be growing in thinner, especially if you're only 22 years old. Increasing protein sounds like a good start along with what Alkalina says about the castor oil.

You might want to look into diatomaceous earth. It increased my growth to almost 1 inch a month for a couple of months and then it slowed down to a little over 1/2 inch a month but the quality is better than before I used the DE.

Maybe take a multiple vitamin too?

Good luck!