PDA

View Full Version : CVS Keratin Straightening Shampoo and Conditioner actually work!

4C4rly4
January 14th, 2013, 05:41 PM
Here's what they look like: http://courantblogs.com/savvy-shopper/new-cvs-brand-products-including-keratin-straightening-shampoo-and-conditioner/

I just used these two products today, and they actually straightened my hair! It wasn't pin straight but it was definitely straight! I'm excited because since my hair's really short now, I always have to straighten it and drag that hot iron across my hair several times. But now that I'm using these products, I still have to straighten it a little since my hair gets a bit puffy once it's dry, but I only have to iron my hair once instead of a few times til it gets straight. In other words, less frying of the hair is happening. :D

For those who are tired of straightening your hair, I really recommend you give these a try! And remember you have to use both the shampoo and conditioner (I think the conditioner is what does most of the straightening because last time I only used the shampoo and it didn't really straighten my hair.)

Anyway, I'd love to hear if it worked for you guys! Keep me updated. :)

4C4rly4
January 19th, 2013, 01:52 PM
This is the failest thread ever
:knit:

Helenae
January 19th, 2013, 04:01 PM
Damn! I could use something like that. What's your natural hair type? Would it work on 2c/3a hair? Was the shampoo cleansing enough and the conditioner moisturising enough?

4C4rly4
January 19th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Helenae, I don't know those hair type codes, but I can describe my hair lol, it's medium thick, and it's pretty soft/not coarse. The shampoo cleaned my hair which is good enough for me! haha and the conditioner didn't make my hair that soft; like I said I think the conditioner does most of the straightening, so I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't really "condition" the hair well enough since its job is more to straighten instead of condition. But anyway I always rinse with Apple cider vinegar right after, and when my hair's dry I put in some leave-in conditioner.
I mix it up though - like one day I'll use the CVS straightening shampoo, another day I use Mane n Tail, another day I'll use V05. I also bought the Aussie Moist 3 Minute Miracle Deeeeep conditioner; it makes my hair super soft, so I recommend that too. (I mentioned all this just in case the CVS products end up drying your hair so you can try out some of the stuff I use which will make it soft again.)