PDA

View Full Version : Ukrainian Rapunzel video!

Of the Fae
January 14th, 2013, 03:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCcvKtrH1Po

This woman has absolutely amazing ankle length hair! Well kept! I had to share it with you guys. I didn't understand because it appears to be in Russian, but she shows pictures of her hair when she was younger when it was also long.
It's just fun to watch :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSaoxevchHA

And this one is perhaps even more amazing..
Also Russian? Eastern European. Very beautiful hair!

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Thanks for sharing the video links, Of The Fae. The second one in particular is spectacular. A lot of hard work went into that magnificent mane!

Of the Fae
January 14th, 2013, 03:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfy0dS2EK98 Also Eastern Europe, it seems, like in Asia there are quite a few long hair contests!

Indeed, spectacular hair like that must have taken many years of growth and maintenance

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 04:09 PM
Thanks! The girl with the fabulous long hair is very inspirational..but can't say I care for what they did to the hair in the pagent portion! Why can't one appreciate beautiful long hair in its natural state? It seems to me that the European countries appreciate beautiful hair much more than it is in the US.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfy0dS2EK98 Also Eastern Europe, it seems, like in Asia there are quite a few long hair contests!

Indeed, spectacular hair like that must have taken many years of growth and maintenance

Shoga
January 14th, 2013, 04:47 PM
WOW! Thanks for sharing the videos. It's so cool to actually see hair that long in motion!

chen bao jun
January 14th, 2013, 05:08 PM
Lots of Ukrainian orphans have been adopted by my friends. Many of them have beautiful long hair. I don't know if its genes or culture or methods of hair care, but its lovely.

Beatnik Guy
January 14th, 2013, 05:59 PM
Thanks for sharing this one. :)
:thud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSaoxevchHA

rock007junkie
January 14th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Ahh, these both look great. Major jealousy but definitely something to look up to

jacqueline101
January 14th, 2013, 08:46 PM
Those videos are awesome.

PixieKitten
January 15th, 2013, 01:33 AM
These videos are amazing! What I'd give to have hair so shiny and healthy at that length!! When mine goes past shoulder it gets such a case of the frizzies and I can't control it! xD

woolyleprechaun
January 15th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Whoa, thats some beautiful hair! Thanks for sharing :D

AnnaB
January 15th, 2013, 12:21 PM
The first one talks how she been growing her hair for last 10 years since it was waist length. Now she has longest hair in Ukraine.
When she was younger she was tied to the chair with her own hair, even had a chewing gum in it, hence now she keeps it tied up and doesnt show it off.

She says she uses lemon juice and water for rinses to make her hair shiny. Also does egg masks and alot of oiling. Washes her hair twice a week.

2nd one

shes 27 and only had one hair cut in her life when she was young. Said when she went to hair dressers they just don't know what up hair do to do, she said now she knows many hair styles she can do herself and its easy and she loves it.
She didn't know her exact length so they measured it and its 144cm, which is longer than the current record in Ukraine.
Her friends call her mermaid but she could never learn to swim because of her long hair.
Her mum has really long hair too, people often pictures of them when they see them together on the street. Her mum use to dye her hair blonde when was younger but then decided she wanted virgin hair so grew it out, and havent been to hair dressers in 10 years.
It talks how her hair is her ticket to show biz-advertising and other stuff.
She washes her hair twice a week, takes her 10 mins to wash and 30 mins to blow dry it. She said she wont concider a hair cut until her hair reaches her heels.

Mya
January 15th, 2013, 01:01 PM
The first lady's hair color... What a beautiful auburn! *__*

Beatnik Guy
January 15th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Thanks for the translations AnnaB!

lapushka
January 15th, 2013, 05:13 PM
Beautiful hair, and beautiful lengths. I'll be amazed if I ever get to classic length, and then these lengths...! Gosh. Gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Nae
January 15th, 2013, 05:44 PM
Beautiful hair!

Please tell me I am not the only one wondering what was going on with the pink stuffed critter sitting on the couch behind the girl in the second video.:disgust:

Beatnik Guy
January 15th, 2013, 05:57 PM
Please tell me I am not the only one wondering what was going on with the pink stuffed critter sitting on the couch behind the girl in the second video.:disgust:
You're not alone. Luckily, there was hair to distract us.

Nae
January 15th, 2013, 06:06 PM
You're not alone. Luckily, there was hair to distract us.

Oh good! I am glad that I wasn't the only one who noticed it.

Tressie
January 15th, 2013, 09:45 PM
Thanks AnnaB for that helpful info!! Lovely girls with gorgeous hair! These were great to watch, pink critters and all! :flower:

AnnaB
January 16th, 2013, 07:04 AM
you're welcome. Glad to be of help.
I was trying to translate fast, before I had somebody beat me to it or before my henna dripped on my laptop. So I apologies for poor grammar and sentencing.

I lived in Ukraine till I was 15, and its very popular among women to do natural hair masks. Egg yolk+olive oil+honey+lemon juice is the one my grandmother taught me. I love it.

PixxieStix
January 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Translation was neat, thank you so much for providing one AnnaB! The videos were amazing, I'd seen the first one before, but not the second. While I don't think I want hair that long on myself (yet, this place may have me changing my mind once I reach tailbone!), but oh, I could admire it all day!

henné
January 16th, 2013, 10:58 AM
I'm shocked nobody here mentioned that both of them use the evil ... PADDLE BRUSH! :rollin:

And yes, they have very pretty hair! :heartbeat

Happytresses
January 16th, 2013, 12:49 PM
All I can say is wow. I love it! Thanks for sharing.