PDA

View Full Version : Madora Long Hair Heaven Hair products

sadia
January 14th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Has anyone tried these hair products? Any of them? If you have, what did you think of them?

http://madoralonghairheaven.com/madoraprod1.html

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 11:12 AM
I've been using the pink shampoo since 1982. Great stuff! In the past I also used the white conditioner, which was also very good. I dilute one tablespoon of pink shampoo to 10 oz warm water..and shampoo the GM way...i.e. first shampoo to remove surface dirt, second shampoo concentrating on the scalp.

Long_hair_bear
January 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
I'd love to try them, but I don't see an ingredients list anywhere. Sure, I know its George Michael, but I'd like an ingredients list all the same. :)

sadia
January 14th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I'd love to try them, but I don't see an ingredients list anywhere. Sure, I know its George Michael, but I'd like an ingredients list all the same. :)

Yeah I wanted an ingredient list too.

sadia
January 14th, 2013, 11:43 AM
I've been using the pink shampoo since 1982. Great stuff! In the past I also used the white conditioner, which was also very good. I dilute one tablespoon of pink shampoo to 10 oz warm water..and shampoo the GM way...i.e. first shampoo to remove surface dirt, second shampoo concentrating on the scalp.

They dont have pink shampoo listed there. Maybe they changed the name of it?

sadia
January 14th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Cream Shampoo - A gentle, creamy shampoo that actually pampers the hair. The peach colored, creamy formula cleans gently and thoroughly without stripping the hair of its precious natural oils and without leaving a build-up on the hair. This mild shampoo was especially formula for long hair and works on all hair types.

Moisturizing Shampoo - Rich moisturizing shampoo is formulated especially for dry, damaged hair that has been robbed of essential moisture. Restores life and lusture to your hair.

I want to try out these two.

LadyLongLocks
January 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I have used the creme rinse and the shampoo and the 10 minute. The cream shampoo has sulfates (sles). The creme rinse is more to bring the ph balance back. It does not work well as a de-tangler. The 10 minute is high protein treatment.
I have had these products for 7 years and have not finished them. I really loved visiting a GM Salon and getting the 1 hour deep treatment, but sadly, I just don't love the products :(
I also never see the ingredients listed online.

I do love the Madora/George Michael BBB and the Ivory wide tooth comb though.

Carolyn
January 14th, 2013, 12:54 PM
I have the products. I've used them occasionally for several years. I can't say I'm super in love with them but they are nice. I don't really care about the ingredients :shrug: The smell with the pink creme shampoo is kind of odd. Cloying might me a word for it. There was a spray detangler I really liked a lot. The deep conditioner in the jar is quite nice too.

faellen
January 14th, 2013, 01:13 PM
Would love to try these but am in the UK :(

ratgirldjh
January 14th, 2013, 01:32 PM
duplicate...

ratgirldjh
January 14th, 2013, 01:38 PM
I really want to buy the BBB. Anyone who owns it and loves it?

TheHowlingWolf
January 14th, 2013, 02:34 PM
I do love the Madora/George Michael BBB and the Ivory wide tooth comb though.

Ooh I have been thinking about getting the GM/Madora BBB! I haven't seen any reviews on it though, so I'm still doing research. I don't live near a salon so I would have to order it online :/.

I have the MP rake comb & I love it, but I also want the Madora Ivory wide tooth comb just to have it lol.

TheHowlingWolf
January 14th, 2013, 02:37 PM
I am trying the Dr. George Michael method, but I'm using my own products, not GM products because I like to use more natural products if I can. I don't think GM is that natural but I would still like to try them sometime maybe lol.

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 03:57 PM
In response to Sadia: It is the Creme Shampoo..pink in color. Some members have said it has too much of a "baby powder" scent but I never had that problem...and I can't stand most shampoos because of their scents.

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 04:03 PM
Here is a link to a hair salon in London that features the GM products/technique. Perhaps you could phone and inquire about them: http://patrickludde.com/
Would love to try these but am in the UK :(

faellen
January 14th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Here is a link to a hair salon in London that features the GM products/technique. Perhaps you could phone and inquire about them: http://patrickludde.com/

Ooh thank you! :D

Madora
January 14th, 2013, 04:27 PM
My pleasure, faellen! I know some of the British members have visited Mr. L's salon and enjoyed the experience. It's pricey, but well worth it (I haven't been there, but have had the GM treatment in NYC).
Ooh thank you! :D

Carolyn
January 14th, 2013, 05:04 PM
I really want to buy the BBB. Anyone who owns it and loves it?I have the brush. I've kind of forgotten about it. I'll have to find it and give it another go. I remember liking it for smoothing the canopy. I also have the Ivory comb and the pocket size comb. Both of which I habitually lose somewhere in my house. I like them both but my favorite detangler is the Mebco detangler I get at Sallys. Here's a link to Enchantress (http://www.enchantress.com/ProductsGM.html). The brush and 2 combs are at the bottom of the page. I was surprised to find a small pic of me, Koala Kim and Snowymoon on the gallery page. It's the one about friends meeting at the salon. Cool!

ratgirldjh
January 14th, 2013, 05:45 PM
If anyone wants to sell their GM brush I would be interested! ;)

TheHowlingWolf
January 14th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Does anyone know if the Madora/GM products have cones in them? It seems like most (if not all) of the girls in that gallery have such smooth hair!

curlsgalore
January 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM

PM'ing you!

pepperminttea
January 15th, 2013, 06:21 AM

On a related note, if anyone has an ivory Madora comb to sell, I would be interested. :)

Carolyn
January 15th, 2013, 06:28 AM
Does anyone know if the Madora/GM products have cones in them? It seems like most (if not all) of the girls in that gallery have such smooth hair!I'm not aware that they do but I don't always check carefully for cones. I'll try to remember to check my GM product bottles. If I can find them! You have to remember that a lot of GM salon appointments include a set on large rollers. It smooths out everything.

Madora
January 15th, 2013, 08:43 AM
You're right, Carolyn. Those extra large rollers help create that wonderful GM smoothness. The end result is almost stick straight, except for a very slight "flip" on the ends.

I'm not aware that they do but I don't always check carefully for cones. I'll try to remember to check my GM product bottles. If I can find them! You have to remember that a lot of GM salon appointments include a set on large rollers. It smooths out everything.

LadyLongLocks
January 15th, 2013, 11:16 AM
Here is the cream shampoo. I have the ingredients to the creme rinse too and will post it later.
I am not posting this to cause any controversy, I just know that people want to know and we cant find the ingredients posted online after searching.This bottle was purchased in 2006.
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/PRODUCTS%20photos%20and%20ingredients/CreamShampooing.jpg

TheHowlingWolf
January 15th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Oh okay thank you guys so much! I think I'll stick to my personal products for now since they are more available to me (walmart & sally's) & cheaper. But since a lot of people have success with their products, I thought it would be nice to know the ingredients. Also, I contacted them asking what brushes they could recommend because on their website they said they use kent brushes. But they weren't much help lol. I'm trying to find a good bbb, thought about getting the gm/madora one, especially after seeing LadyLongLocks pictures & information about it, but now idk. Here's the email:

Me:
Hi. I live in Iowa so I can't visit your salon, but on your website it says you recommend Kent brushes. Do you have specific brushes that you like? I have almost hip length medium/thick hair that is wavy and a little bit more curly towards the ends. I'm trying to grow my hair to classic length and have decided to use the Dr. George Michael method. I'm in the search for a good boar bristle brush and was wonder what brush(es) you could recommend. Thank you!
-Amy

Them:
Hi Amy
The Kent of London that we recommend have been discontinued .
We do have a brush but it's to small for your hair I would recommend that you look for a brush that is all boar bristle on a flat wooden base
Thank You
Vinnie

LadyLongLocks
January 16th, 2013, 08:52 AM
The pictures and info TheHowlingWolf is speaking of is here (link)
George Michael - Madora Boar Bristle Brush (George Michael - Madora Boar Bristle Brush)
I have seen it called "The all purpose salon styling brush" They only have ONE brush.It is a stiffer brush with a wood base. The bristles are clustered in bunches and each cluster is far from the next which allows the bristles to bend. I use this brush as a scalp massage brush, but also follow it down the length. Its the only brush that gets through my hair to the scalp.
Here are a few photos. Bigger ones are at my site in my album(above link)
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/Accessory%20pix%20and%20slide%20ZS%20Bun%20page/BRUSHES%20BBB/3GMBBBforsharingzsC.jpg
The other brushes I have are for general brushing/smoothing.
I got mine from the Madison Ave salon and ordered it from madoralonghairheaven (http://madoralonghairheaven.com/madoraprod1.html)The ordering system is a little different, you print out a order form and mail it in or you call in your order.( USA-NY)
If you want to do everything online, you can order from Enchantress Long Hair Salon (http://www.enchantress.com/ProductsGM.html) (USA- Ohio)
I have ordered from both places and been happy with both.
I wish there were better photos of the combs/brush and I have never seen ingredients listed on their products which is kind of standard these days.
Hopefully my photos are helpful to people. I plan on making an album featuring the George Michael Products at my JJJLongHairPhotoPage (http://jjjlonghairphotopage.zoomshare.com/0.html) :)

TheHowlingWolf
January 16th, 2013, 02:35 PM
Yeah the bbb I have now is fine for general brushing but it doesn't get to my scalp. & Your information and pictures are very very helpful! I excited about the GM products album! :)

LadyLongLocks
January 18th, 2013, 11:32 AM
The Cream rinse:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/PRODUCTS%20photos%20and%20ingredients/creamrinse2pix.jpg

LadyLongLocks
January 18th, 2013, 11:39 AM
The GM 12 Minute Conditioner
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/PRODUCTS%20photos%20and%20ingredients/GM12minfrontandback.jpg
Hope this helps out some of you interested in trying the products.

I am working on a products album at my site that will have these and a couple others.

I really don't use many products on my hair at all.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i172/JJJLonghair/PRODUCTS%20photos%20and%20ingredients/GM12minopenjar.jpg
For anyone wanting to see the consistency of the 12 minute conditioner.

TheHowlingWolf
January 18th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!

TheHowlingWolf
January 23rd, 2013, 06:22 PM
I know this is a little off topic from the Madora products, but does anyone do the GM method of brushing? (flipped upside down, starting at the nape of the neck with a bbb?) Every time I do that and I flip my hair/head back right side up, my hair is really tangled.

LadyLongLocks
January 23rd, 2013, 10:00 PM
I know this is a little off topic from the Madora products, but does anyone do the GM method of brushing? (flipped upside down, starting at the nape of the neck with a bbb?) Every time I do that and I flip my hair/head back right side up, my hair is really tangled.
Try parting your hair down the center and brush half at a time leaning over. I find I like this method and it is easier with extreme length or any length.I do the hair flipped over way sometimes too, but only before I wash it. I am BBB less and less these days with hair 69" its a pain.

TheHowlingWolf
January 25th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Oh okay! I'll try that next time, thank you!!!

Bubbles7
March 19th, 2016, 09:14 PM
Hi! I know this thread is a few years old but I was wondering if you could tell me if you found the George Michael products and shampoos to strip or cause color treated hair to fade. I can't seem to find very much info online. I really liked these products in the past but now I have color treated hair and not sure if it will be ok. Do you have any advice on this? Thanks so much :)

Wusel
March 20th, 2016, 02:48 AM
Hi! I know this thread is a few years old but I was wondering if you could tell me if you found the George Michael products and shampoos to strip or cause color treated hair to fade. I can't seem to find very much info online. I really liked these products in the past but now I have color treated hair and not sure if it will be ok. Do you have any advice on this? Thanks so much :)

You should open a new thread with your question, I think. :)