PDA

View Full Version : feye's self trim straight across?

pdy2kn6
August 25th, 2008, 03:39 PM
has any one tried feyes self trim (straight across method). i am thinking of trying it cos i really do not trust hairdressers, im sure non of us long hairers do haha

Exodus
August 25th, 2008, 04:24 PM
It works. I use it. My hair is wet/damp when I trim my hair, since I have no control over it when it's dry. Result is usually good.

MeMyselfandI
August 25th, 2008, 04:31 PM
has any one tried feyes self trim (straight across method). i am thinking of trying it cos i really do not trust hairdressers, im sure non of us long hairers do haha

I did it.

It looks straight to me. The only problem this time is, when I did the otional step, I turned up my fingers so now the hair goes up a bit.

I used to cut my hair dry, now that I read it is better for the hair wet, I wet my hair and did it.

When my hair was longer, it was easier to cut my hair. I used to use this pink hair tape and cut.

Shufro
December 4th, 2008, 03:37 PM
yea i did and it gave a really good result. But I tried the "U-shape". But getting it straight might be hard ;)

jojo
December 4th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Yes me I do this * points to siggi* the thing to remember for a straight across hem is to keep your neck and head straight, else you get more of a 'V' or 'U'. I cut with dry hair.

SweetPea88
December 4th, 2008, 04:37 PM
This is the method I use as well and it works great! Of course my hemline still isn't straight because I have layers.

ktani
December 4th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I have done it too. It works great!

Katahdin
December 4th, 2008, 05:26 PM
I've been using it lately, and I like it. Just make sure you have a pair of good, sharp hair-only scissors, don't use the ones from the kitchen drawer.

Curlsgirl
December 4th, 2008, 05:40 PM
I try to do the straight across trim but somehow it always ends up a U-shape. Maybe I didn't do it right but I thought I followed the directions exactly! I haven't trimmed in a while and don't plan to until 2010 actually. :D

jojo
December 4th, 2008, 06:08 PM
i used to find this too Curlsgirl, just remember neck straight and chin and head up!

florenonite
December 4th, 2008, 06:14 PM
I've done it, and I'm incompetent, so it can't be that difficult!

ETA: I do still trust my hairdresser, she just happens to be in a different country than me for most of the year. Also, I'm a student and can't afford to get my hair trimmed much, so if I'm doing frequent, small trims I do Feye's method.

spidermom
December 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I trust hair stylists. I know a good one now. I was impulsive in the past and had my hair cut by many different people but only 2 bad experiences.

jojo
December 4th, 2008, 06:37 PM
I wonder if this is because your much more longer? Like I pull the hair taut between my fingers, this I would think would be difficult for very long hairs. It would be interesting to see at what length Fayes cutting method failed to work, id guess its harder once you reach past waist.

spidermom
December 4th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I remember reading about one of the extra-long hairs combing her hair, squatting, pulling her hair forward between her feet, and then combing it out flat on the floor and cutting off the bottom.

jojo
December 4th, 2008, 06:48 PM
I remember reading about one of the extra-long hairs combing her hair, squatting, pulling her hair forward between her feet, and then combing it out flat on the floor and cutting off the bottom.
Thats determination for you! i can only dream of ever having to cut my hair in this way.

MandaMom2Three
December 4th, 2008, 07:21 PM
This is the method I use when I need to trim. I had to trim out about an inch last month due to damage :( NO MORE now until I get significantly more length LOL

pdy2kn6
December 5th, 2008, 03:07 AM
I wonder if this is because your much more longer? Like I pull the hair taut between my fingers, this I would think would be difficult for very long hairs. It would be interesting to see at what length Fayes cutting method failed to work, id guess its harder once you reach past waist.

I think the long hairer 'JJJ LONG HAIR' does the feyes self trim on her knee length hair, i saw her writing something very similar on her website, im sure you will be able to see it by just googling her and looking at her 'trim' section.

Velvetine
December 6th, 2008, 03:31 AM
I cut my hair using the straight method this afternoon and it works perfectly if you follow the instructions exactly. I have always done the u-shape method in the past and that works great too.