PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Fashion Photgraphy Hairstyles

lacefrost
January 13th, 2013, 07:23 PM
The hairstyles are beautiful and the photos are gorgeous. I'd really like to try out that dutch crown braid thing.

http://www.twistedlamb.com/2012/11/empress.html

http://www.twistedlamb.com/2012/12/baroco.html

neko_kawaii
January 13th, 2013, 07:28 PM
*grin* *love*

jacqueline101
January 13th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Those are awesome.

rock007junkie
January 13th, 2013, 09:14 PM
That crown looks beautiful

torrilin
January 14th, 2013, 08:45 AM
It's not a Dutch crown braid. You can see that the braids overlap, so it's just regular Heidi braids pinned up more neatly than you usually see, and nearer to the forehead. It also looks like the stylist tried to get the braids to be as flat as possible to make the style look better.

MaryMarx
January 15th, 2013, 01:36 AM
Crazy beautiful. Hair, makeup, clothes, everything!

IndigoOptimist
January 15th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Oh I love it! I like the makeup in the first one too!!

lacefrost
January 15th, 2013, 07:16 PM
It's not a Dutch crown braid. You can see that the braids overlap, so it's just regular Heidi braids pinned up more neatly than you usually see, and nearer to the forehead. It also looks like the stylist tried to get the braids to be as flat as possible to make the style look better.

It's Heidi braided in front but now that I look at it, it's a French braided in back. Basically the stylist did two French braids going towards the front of the head and then overlapped the ends close to her forehead.

bahoban
January 15th, 2013, 11:22 PM
Oh my,,, so beautiful..

MaryO
January 16th, 2013, 12:21 AM
A bit off topic but Lacefrost- your hair in profile and siggy pics is gorgeous. Very cool!

torrilin
January 16th, 2013, 10:40 AM
It's Heidi braided in front but now that I look at it, it's a French braided in back. Basically the stylist did two French braids going towards the front of the head and then overlapped the ends close to her forehead.

Then there are probably some extension tricks going on too, coz structurally you can't get the front to lay the way it does going into French braids. Spiffy, to be sure, but I don't think it's an attainable look with my natural hair without a lot of help.

Basically, you can't have that super smooth bang area and French braiding going on at the same time. You'll get curves and wispy bits if you try. Going French lace style would help slightly, but there'd still be some curving going on as you add hair. So the answer is that a lot of the hair being added to thicken up the braids isn't actually attached to the model's head. Which neatly explains how we're getting such solidly iii thickness braids on someone with otherwise fairly fine and average to thin hair :D. Straight hair is pretty compressible, but there are limits :D.

If the main goal is to duplicate the sleekness of the crown, I'd probably do double Dutch braids and pin them up as Heidi braids, ideally with the Dutch sections as close to my hairline as I can manage. It'd give a much sleeker look than French braiding, and if you went fairly Curly Girl with product you could get a super sleek look very easily.

The intricately linked French braids I think are largely practice so you can develop a method to handle the parts and keep your hair from producing an intricately woven mess. Not something I think I'd care to try on myself, but I can only barely handle straight parts and twin braids :D.