PDA

View Full Version : Explain ACV to me

Amygirl8
January 12th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Alright, so today was my first time doing an ACV rinse on my hair.
When I mentioned this to my brother, he freaked out at me and asked me why, and my pitiful attempt at an explanation didn't work.

Which got me wondering, how does it work? According to my brother, it shouldn't work, but my hair right now begs to differ.
So... how? Thank you, I appreciate it :]

chen bao jun
January 12th, 2013, 08:54 PM
Alright, so today was my first time doing an ACV rinse on my hair.
When I mentioned this to my brother, he freaked out at me and asked me why, and my pitiful attempt at an explanation didn't work.

Which got me wondering, how does it work? According to me brother, it shouldn't work, but my hair right now begs to differ.
So... how? Thank you, I appreciate it :]

It closes your hair cuticles because it's acid and most tapwater and shampoos are the opposite of that, so it neutralizes the PH of your hair and helps your cuticles to close, which makes your hair feel better.
That's probably not much of an explanation, but its all i've got.
It's actually essential with shampoo bars -- no balance without it and your hair would dry out terribly.
But it's not good for everyone--some people find their hair dries out too much with ACV rinses.

PixxieStix
January 12th, 2013, 11:05 PM
It's fantastic for balancing the pH of your scalp and skin, and like chen bao jun said, closes the cuticle of the hair shaft a bit and was widely used back in the day for detangling. You can even mix it with water and use it as a toner after washing your face. It has many, many other uses as well if you or your brother care to look into those.