PDA

View Full Version : Help needed! (bangs & hair type related + 1000 pictures)

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2013, 12:01 PM
I'm trying to grow out my bangs for the second time, but I'm already doubting it again. Thing is: I really really like the look of no bangs on others, but I seem to have a rather large forehead and it just looks horrible now. I mean, it will look good (I think?) once it's grown out, but now I have to pin it back which looks harsh. But on the other hand I have a really oily skin, so not having bangs is just a lot more practical.

Here are some pictures :joy: (a.k.a. a thousand :P)
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_7863a_zps77419320.jpg
This is how I wear it RIGHT now. But I also like to braid it..

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/photo-1fba_zps7b5df64e.jpg

On a good day (I also have a cowlick that really acts up when my bangs are this length! It's okay once it's longer or shorter though :P)

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/haarrr_zps59e9c5c8.jpg

What I want! (Not only the bangs but also the length and uhm basically everything!)

What I had:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/pony_zps80f28fcb.jpg http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/pony2_zpscce75355.jpg

Aaaah I just hit the submit button when I didn't want to!!

Anyway, what do you think?? My hair is also a lot wavier when it's still half wet and unbrushed so I have no idea what type it is now. I have typed myself as 1C...

Sometimes it's kinda wavy like this:

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_7798a_zpsb9f60186.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_7774a_zps2497fb19.jpg

Is there any reason why my hair is more wavy when it's still wet? (It wasn't wet on these pictures though, but it was a bit greasy due to a shampoo bar). Does it need more moisture? It's also kinda frizzy...

akilina
January 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM
Wow your hair is growing nicely :o!!

I am biased..Will admit right off the bat. I like bangs. I think both looks good on you. I am still partial to bangs though.

In the big scheme of things though would you rather not have bangs for updos and added thickness? I guess its just about your ultimate goal. The reason I have not grown out yet is because I just really like them..The added thickness would be nice but I look ridiculous without bangs. Most of all I just enjoy having them.

Dovetail
January 12th, 2013, 12:13 PM
Your hair is so pretty! My hair is also very wavy when wet but gets strighter as it dries, I think its because I brush/comb it/don't use oil or anything to help the wave.

I like my bangs because they cover my forehead (five-head?). I'm trying to grow mine out a bit so I can make them a bit more swoopey (if that makes sense)

I was thinking though maybe you'd like something like this: http://d277vln4jzkhhg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/Rachel-McAdams-Midnight-In-Paris-Photocall-Cannes-2011-2.jpg
They're longer, sort of parted so you could put them into an updo or leave them down and out.

or you might even like a lighter kind of blunt bang instead of the heavy ones you have:
http://images.meredith.com/fitness/images/2009/08/ss_82119125.jpg

I'm not good with typing/face shapes and all that. I do think you should do what you like though!

Artisticat
January 12th, 2013, 12:17 PM
Bangs look very good on you! Frames your eyes nicely.
Maybe have the bangs more feathery/spikey...like how they look in the side view?

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2013, 12:28 PM
Wow your hair is growing nicely :o!!

I am biased..Will admit right off the bat. I like bangs. I think both looks good on you. I am still partial to bangs though.

In the big scheme of things though would you rather not have bangs for updos and added thickness? I guess its just about your ultimate goal. The reason I have not grown out yet is because I just really like them..The added thickness would be nice but I look ridiculous without bangs. Most of all I just enjoy having them.

Thanks!

I like bangs as well, I really do! But I do have a round face so I feel like my face looks smaller with short/sideswept/no bangs. I mean, more hair in my face = rounder face to me. And I don't know, I just really really like the 'no bangs' look in general. It's just so classy! Maybe that's just because I had bangs since I can remember and need a change :P

I honestly have no idea what my ultimate goal is! My ponytail circumference (?) is 3 inches, so I'm an ii and I'm okay with that! I don't really feel the bangs would add a lot to my overall thickness, since they're not that thick :) Mmm.. I have no idea yet!

Your hair is so pretty! My hair is also very wavy when wet but gets strighter as it dries, I think its because I brush/comb it/don't use oil or anything to help the wave.

I like my bangs because they cover my forehead (five-head?). I'm trying to grow mine out a bit so I can make them a bit more swoopey (if that makes sense)

I was thinking though maybe you'd like something like this: http://d277vln4jzkhhg.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/Rachel-McAdams-Midnight-In-Paris-Photocall-Cannes-2011-2.jpg
They're longer, sort of parted so you could put them into an updo or leave them down and out.

or you might even like a lighter kind of blunt bang instead of the heavy ones you have:
http://images.meredith.com/fitness/images/2009/08/ss_82119125.jpg

I'm not good with typing/face shapes and all that. I do think you should do what you like though!

Thanks a lot! :) I used to like my bangs as well because they cover my five-head (but I just did a test and I don't even have a five-head, only 4 fingers fit hahaha!)
I like those pictures you posted, specially the last one! Thing is, about a month ago my bangs just looked like that! I had a 'good bangs week' I guess!

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/ponyyyy_zps8926ab2b.jpg
Like this! (never mind the O_O face lol)

But my hair is a bit wavy (and I have a cowlick) so it doesn't always do what I want it to do. And I'm honestly way too lazy to wash/straighten it every day :x

Ah I'm still torn...

melusine963
January 12th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I think you look good both without bangs and with the side-swept ones. I don't think keeping your bangs pinned back while they grow looks harsh at all, so I'd say keep growing them out.

JennyP
January 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
You're beautiful enough it doesn't matter! :D

torrilin
January 12th, 2013, 01:08 PM
First off, you don't have a round face :D. You're oval or triangular, but I'd lean more towards oval. So you've got a face shaped face :D. The round look you see in some of your pictures is due to bangs, and it's one of the many reasons I dislike bangs.

Second off, you're not a 1c. Your hair has lots of waves visible even at shoulder length, so we know for sure you're not a 1. My 1c hair is only distinguishable from 1a at shoulder length if you're really good at spotting proto waves. A lot of 1s don't have a really solid type until somewhere in the BSL to waist range, because the hints of wave pattern are so big that you can't get a clear wavelength before then. The not-straight part is almost always clear at shoulder.

This would also handily explain your frizz problem... your hair is dry and this makes the waves sad. Dry hair is really common, and even a lot of women with straight hair have dry hair. It's kind of unusual to have overmoisturized hair. So you're a 2 something, and to figure out what sort of 2, you'd need to fiddle with your routine some to get a clearer idea of whether more moisture shifts you over to having clear spirals or whether it just produces really calm waves. Given that some of your pics with more moisture are showing hints of spirals, it's possible you're even as high as a 3a.

For now, I'd type you as 2b, mostly because it's in the middle of the 2s. You might wind up a bit less wavy, or even curly, but going for a middling type right now is a decent compromise. For the same reason, I'd suggest most straighties start out as 1b, even if they're sure their hair is straight as a board.

Quixii
January 12th, 2013, 01:51 PM
I think you look good with an without bangs, but I actually prefer you without. :)

ETA: And as for type, it's a bit hard to tell at that length and not knowing if any of those are proper hair typing pictures, but I would agree that you're not a 1-anything.

spirals
January 12th, 2013, 02:03 PM
A few things:

--You are gorgeous.
--You look bet in the next-to-last picture, with the sideswept bangs.
--I think your hairtype is 2a.
--You are the opposite of me. When my hair is wet it looks 1c, and ends up at 3a when dry. It's different for everyone.
--Keep up the henna. (You are a henna-head, right?)

rtree721
January 12th, 2013, 02:16 PM
Second picture from the bottom... deep side part with bangs. That looks great!

Maelyssa
January 12th, 2013, 02:22 PM
First, your forehead is NOT too big to go bang-free. In looking at your first picture where you've got your bangs pinned to the side with a bobby pin....I think if you just move your part over just a tiny bit. More toward your left side then take the little bit of the bang that's closer to your right ear and pin it toward your right ear, you may see less of your forehead.
It's hard to explain so I hope you understand what I mean.
I went through this too after I gave myself poorly cut bangs.
I came to put a slight part in my bangs which eventually trained them to grow nicely.
Good luck!

Yozhik
January 12th, 2013, 02:31 PM
I prefer you without bangs, or with side-swept bangs.

I certainly don't think you have a forehead that necessitates bangs (but that's a whole other story, because I don't think that anyone really has a forehead that needs them).

Also, I'd definitely put you in the 2-range for texture. :)

MaryMarx
January 12th, 2013, 02:52 PM
I vote no bangs. Even though I really like bangs. I also like no bangs. :D
But seriously, I think you should try to grow them out, and you can always cut them back (been there...).

AnnaB
January 12th, 2013, 03:19 PM
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e375/moresque/IMG_7798a_zpsb9f60186.jpg

I love this photo and how your fringe looks in it. so maybe shift your parting more to the side and have this for a while:
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/emma-stone-red-hair-and-beautiful-eyes.jpg

I love the look of no fringe on others but I have big forehead too and really struggle to grow it out because it looks awkward while i'm doing it. But I am trying to grow my fringe out one more time. Give it a go, you can always cut it back in.

But, just do what makes you feel comfortable. I know when I hate the way my hair looks I am paranoid all day that people think I'm ugly. haha

turtlelover
January 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Have you thought about very wispy bangs, just enough to soften your updos and forehead. Those look good w/ round faces. Something like this......

http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/10/20/2_Pride_051019100642358_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

Hope this shows up.....it wasn't before.

RileyJane
January 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
haha, omg this was me seriously like a couple months ago. i like the look of bangs/without bangs, so it was hard for me too. what made me decide is: the fact that ive always had sideswept bangs, and even more of a blunt bang one year in high school. so my curiosity won out over how i would look without bangs. for you, i think longer sideswept bangs (like in the emma stone pic) would look great, plus, itd be a lil bit of both worlds: you can blend them into your hair or have more of a bang look if desired :)

AnqeIicDemise
January 12th, 2013, 04:14 PM
where'd you get the idea you have a round face? You have a pretty face. Its not round at all. (then again, round makes me think of lots of cheeks and no chin. Like me right now. I have lots of poundage. Once I lose it, it goes back to being oval.)

Go with what youf eel comfortable. I like the grown out bangs look, actually. The blunt bangs when they were fresh weren't as flattering as the ones where they'd grown out a bit. Maybe its all about how you part them and pin them right now that makes it look weird. Try making the part not so far off center and curling them so they curl back slightly. It'd look fabulous AND a slightly different look to what you're used to now. Win win-- change and growth. HUZZAH!

shutterpillar
January 12th, 2013, 04:36 PM
I like the pictures without bangs. And I am going to say around 1c or 2a for hairtype. I have not read the other replies, so someone who is actually good at hair typing probably nailed it already. :p

jacqueline101
January 12th, 2013, 04:45 PM
I like the next to last picture.

mzBANGBANG
January 12th, 2013, 04:54 PM
While I love your blunt bangs (they look very Bettie Paige to me) I prefer you with them clipped to the side. Doesn't look harsh at all. Looks lovely! Grow them out and decide later!

Vampyria
January 12th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I love your hair color, and I agree with AnnaB on the bangs issue. :)

My hair is also wavier when wet/damp. I'm 2b, (my signature picture) which I discovered recently, because with my usual routine it looks almost straight when it's dry, just the ends roll up a bit. So you might be a wavy and you just don't know it yet.;) 2a maybe, but it's hard to tell from the front view.

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Woah I've been away for a few hours and there are tons of replies!! Thanks guys!! I can't reply to all of them yet, but they are definitely much appreciated :D

You're beautiful enough it doesn't matter! :D
Aww thanks!

First off, you don't have a round face :D. You're oval or triangular, but I'd lean more towards oval. So you've got a face shaped face :D. The round look you see in some of your pictures is due to bangs, and it's one of the many reasons I dislike bangs.

Second off, you're not a 1c. Your hair has lots of waves visible even at shoulder length, so we know for sure you're not a 1. My 1c hair is only distinguishable from 1a at shoulder length if you're really good at spotting proto waves. A lot of 1s don't have a really solid type until somewhere in the BSL to waist range, because the hints of wave pattern are so big that you can't get a clear wavelength before then. The not-straight part is almost always clear at shoulder.

This would also handily explain your frizz problem... your hair is dry and this makes the waves sad. Dry hair is really common, and even a lot of women with straight hair have dry hair. It's kind of unusual to have overmoisturized hair. So you're a 2 something, and to figure out what sort of 2, you'd need to fiddle with your routine some to get a clearer idea of whether more moisture shifts you over to having clear spirals or whether it just produces really calm waves. Given that some of your pics with more moisture are showing hints of spirals, it's possible you're even as high as a 3a.

For now, I'd type you as 2b, mostly because it's in the middle of the 2s. You might wind up a bit less wavy, or even curly, but going for a middling type right now is a decent compromise. For the same reason, I'd suggest most straighties start out as 1b, even if they're sure their hair is straight as a board.

Thank you so much! My hair type is so confusing to me, because it's sometimes very straight and sometimes really wavy. I have no idea what makes it less wavy/more wavy though, but I guess I could start with some extra moisture. When my hair is NOT dry, it's mostly greasy. There seems to be no middle ground! Doesn't really help that I have fine hair :P

But thank you so much for your reply!! I never suspected my hair might be a lot more wavy than I thought! Will definitely try out a new (moisturizing! ;)) routine soon and see if it works! :)

I think you look good with an without bangs, but I actually prefer you without. :)

ETA: And as for type, it's a bit hard to tell at that length and not knowing if any of those are proper hair typing pictures, but I would agree that you're not a 1-anything.

Thanks! :)

A few things:

--You are gorgeous.
--You look bet in the next-to-last picture, with the sideswept bangs.
--I think your hairtype is 2a.
--You are the opposite of me. When my hair is wet it looks 1c, and ends up at 3a when dry. It's different for everyone.
--Keep up the henna. (You are a henna-head, right?)

Yes I'm a henna-head!! :D Thank you!
The best to last, as in the one with the wavy hair? I do like those bangs, but they're not long enough yet to stay like that, if you know what I mean? It's now in this awkward phase that it's too short to stay like that, so they either end up poking my eyes or curling up... I do want to part it like that when it gets longer though! :)

oktobergoud
January 12th, 2013, 05:29 PM
I love this photo and how your fringe looks in it. so maybe shift your parting more to the side and have this for a while:
http://www.dumpaday.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/emma-stone-red-hair-and-beautiful-eyes.jpg

I love the look of no fringe on others but I have big forehead too and really struggle to grow it out because it looks awkward while i'm doing it. But I am trying to grow my fringe out one more time. Give it a go, you can always cut it back in.

But, just do what makes you feel comfortable. I know when I hate the way my hair looks I am paranoid all day that people think I'm ugly. haha

I looove that picture! I do want that, but the problem with my bangs right now is that they're still too short for that. They won't stay like that and my cowlick makes them curl up :( But when it will get longer (like hers) it will do that! I'd definitely want a part like that, thanks for the picture! :)

haha, omg this was me seriously like a couple months ago. i like the look of bangs/without bangs, so it was hard for me too. what made me decide is: the fact that ive always had sideswept bangs, and even more of a blunt bang one year in high school. so my curiosity won out over how i would look without bangs. for you, i think longer sideswept bangs (like in the emma stone pic) would look great, plus, itd be a lil bit of both worlds: you can blend them into your hair or have more of a bang look if desired :)

Haha yes, I tried it half a year ago but gave in and cut my bangs. And here I am again: wondering what I should do! Thanks for your input, I'll probably try those Emma Stone bangs! They look great.

Second picture from the bottom... deep side part with bangs. That looks great!

Thanks! I think the part is a bit too ehm 'deep' (I look like an emo-kid haha) but I might just go with something like that! :)

While I love your blunt bangs (they look very Bettie Paige to me) I prefer you with them clipped to the side. Doesn't look harsh at all. Looks lovely! Grow them out and decide later!

I think I'll just try that.. hopefully I don't give in! :P Thanks :)

lapushka
January 12th, 2013, 05:32 PM
I love the no bangs look on you! Although side-swept ones wouldn't exactly be bad either! :)

kallarina
January 12th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I like you much better with no bangs. I think you have very beautiful, sort of soft features, and the bangs just seem too harsh to complement them. I do like the side swept bangs, however, so maybe if you kept some fringe, or something? I am going to vote no straight across bangs though.
Also, lovely hair color. :)

goldloli
January 12th, 2013, 10:31 PM
another vote for 2b. obvi subject to change as your hair grows. there are definite waves, and the volume and root wave makes me think 2b rather than 2a. i rarely see waveys under 2c with root wave, so you may be heading that way as it grows or it could just be due to lightweight shorter/finer hair. as for the straightening after brushing or wgatever, thats totally normal. if i brush my hair a few times while damp, i can make my naturally big wurly loins mane into lank looking 1c/2a hair. if i blow dry cool without even using a brush, just airflow and fingers, it dries pretty darn straight. the level of moisture content imparted from products can stretch/shrink my waves, other days i step in the rain and its a poofy mess. this does have upsides however, hair like this is easy to manipulate, hold heatless curls without product etc. play around with it :o btw i really like your face, ive seen pics on here and you have really cool features.

spirals
January 12th, 2013, 11:21 PM
Maybe you could grow them to chin length. Then they are more face-framing tendrils than bangs. This is what I have.

Neecola
January 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Oooh! Your hair is getting so long, Oktobergoud! Honestly, you have a face that can pull of bangs or no bangs, you look great in all of the pictures. My personal preference is no bangs or the wispy side swept bangs.

I definitely second the idea that you should start playing around with your routine to encourage the wave. Have you checked out the wurly/curly thread? There are some great tips there.

Idjit
January 13th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I like you better without bangs. I think your cheekbones stand out more that way. Bangs do tend to make most people's faces look rounder.

spidermom
January 13th, 2013, 10:45 AM
I like the more side-swept bangs on you, but not the blunt ones. My vote is keep growing them.

MissEarlGrey
January 13th, 2013, 10:48 AM
I think that the bangs you had were WAY too short, thick, and blunt. You need some layers so they are not so harsh. You have sharp features, you need softer looking hair. http://www.emme-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/reese-witherspoon-bangs1.jpg or http://www.lyricsdungeon.com/photos/a/a-fine-frenzy-pic01.jpg would look far better on you.

Also, you need to work with your natural texture more; it looks like you brush out your waves and it makes your hair frizzy.

Hope this helps.

Simone_Fatale
January 13th, 2013, 10:50 AM
You have amazing facial features so you can rock both styles beautifully. :)
Personally I think that the look without bangs suits you better and the side-swept bangs look great too. But as I said, you're beautiful any way so you can't go wrong.

HairFaerie
January 13th, 2013, 10:52 AM
Just my opinion....I don't think you have a big forehead at all. I love how it looks on you now as opposed to the bangs. Your goal picture of the style you want will look AWESOME on you! :)

Annibelle
January 13th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I think you look best with your bangs pinned back and when they're sideswept. TBH I'm not a big fan of your hair with blunt bangs. I think you look much older with bangs-- they seem too harsh, IMO. You're so pretty, and I think your face is perfectly proportionate without bangs. :)

DarleneH
January 13th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Is it possible to find some fake bangs in your color? Then you could grow yours out, and clip in the fake ones when you want a change.

Joliebaby
January 13th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Wow, your hair is getting long! And yes, you are definitely a 2 something type.
And you are very pretty, and your face is not round (though I have nothing against round faces!)

I like the side swept bangs best.. I'm growing my bangs too, but I will keep some face framing layers / a thin section of long bangs. I think some layers suit wavy hair really well, and I also think it looks a bit softer and is more versatile than totally one length hair. Well, at least with my bushy hair...

joflakes
January 13th, 2013, 12:44 PM
I feel like we could be long lost sisters, we look so much alike and have almost the same type of hair.

My experience is also the same as yours. I am never 100% sure, but I think that you should go with a bang that is full, but like an upside down U -shape, so they're slightly longer around the eyes. It enables the softness and kink from the hair to not matter and also covers up forehead! Not as thick as the straight, harsh ones in your photo, though.

Basically like mine, haha!

=)

ETA: Just read other people's replies and I agree, it's the same with me...sharp cheekbones = need for soft hair. Hence why I don't have the straight across bangs anymore. I'm biased though! ;)

oktobergoud
January 13th, 2013, 01:46 PM
I like the more side-swept bangs on you, but not the blunt ones. My vote is keep growing them.

Thanks! I like the side-swept ones too, might give that a try :)

I think that the bangs you had were WAY too short, thick, and blunt. You need some layers so they are not so harsh. You have sharp features, you need softer looking hair. http://www.emme-magazine.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/reese-witherspoon-bangs1.jpg or http://www.lyricsdungeon.com/photos/a/a-fine-frenzy-pic01.jpg would look far better on you.

Also, you need to work with your natural texture more; it looks like you brush out your waves and it makes your hair frizzy.

Hope this helps.

Thanks! Yes it does. I have to say though that I really like short bangs and I really, really don't like long bangs on me (unless they are sideswept so they don't really look like bangs anymore, if you know what I mean) because it makes my face just so.. short? But I really like the 2nd picture you posted, that looks just like I want! :)

& Yes but how to work with my natural texture? I haven't got a clue! I always brush my hair because it otherwise looks so tangly/frizzy/messy! Maybe I should comb it? Would that help? With a wide-tooth wooden comb?

You have amazing facial features so you can rock both styles beautifully. :)
Personally I think that the look without bangs suits you better and the side-swept bangs look great too. But as I said, you're beautiful any way so you can't go wrong.

Thank you so much :kitten: (I couldn't find that :flower: smiley so no idea if that works SO YAY A CUTE KITTEN FOR YOU!)

Just my opinion....I don't think you have a big forehead at all. I love how it looks on you now as opposed to the bangs. Your goal picture of the style you want will look AWESOME on you! :)

Thanks =D

I think you look best with your bangs pinned back and when they're sideswept. TBH I'm not a big fan of your hair with blunt bangs. I think you look much older with bangs-- they seem too harsh, IMO. You're so pretty, and I think your face is perfectly proportionate without bangs. :)

Aw thank you so much! The sideswept bangs seem to be popular, I think I like those best as well :) I think once my hair is grown out it will stay easier as well!

Is it possible to find some fake bangs in your color? Then you could grow yours out, and clip in the fake ones when you want a change.
Fake bangs are hard to find here! But I have to admit though that I don't really like wearing fake bangs. But I think there are other ways to fake bangs! Might be interesting, thanks :)

Wow, your hair is getting long! And yes, you are definitely a 2 something type.
And you are very pretty, and your face is not round (though I have nothing against round faces!)

I like the side swept bangs best.. I'm growing my bangs too, but I will keep some face framing layers / a thin section of long bangs. I think some layers suit wavy hair really well, and I also think it looks a bit softer and is more versatile than totally one length hair. Well, at least with my bushy hair...

Thank you (I'm getting repetitive here haha)! I was thinking about them becoming face framing layers as well! I do like them and I might get layers once my hair is longer. If I'd grow out the bangs they'd become layers naturally so that would be a win/win situation =D Of course my hair isn't nearly as thick as yours though!

I feel like we could be long lost sisters, we look so much alike and have almost the same type of hair.

My experience is also the same as yours. I am never 100% sure, but I think that you should go with a bang that is full, but like an upside down U -shape, so they're slightly longer around the eyes. It enables the softness and kink from the hair to not matter and also covers up forehead! Not as thick as the straight, harsh ones in your photo, though.

Basically like mine, haha!

=)

ETA: Just read other people's replies and I agree, it's the same with me...sharp cheekbones = need for soft hair. Hence why I don't have the straight across bangs anymore. I'm biased though!

Haha yes I still remember how everyone thought we looked like sisters! Maybe we are? ;) And thanks! I don't think I'll get any blunt bangs anymore anyway!

Will just grow them out for now and see how they look like longer! Side-swept is my goal now!

joflakes
January 13th, 2013, 02:11 PM
Good luck with it! =) I'm sure either way you'll look great.

dollyfish
January 15th, 2013, 05:18 PM
I like the first picture best, and all the other pictures without bangs! As someone with a low, slanted forehead, I've always felt there's nothing more feminine and beautiful than a high, straight forehead. Besides, a large forehead (along with things like big eyes, lips, and rosy cheeks...) is one of the more prominent qualities pattern-recognized by our brains to look "cute," "young," and "feminine." This is why cute cartoon characters have big foreheads, and caricatures of attractive women (eg, pin up girls, photoshopped magazine models, whatever) have large foreheads. A large forehead is NOT a bad thing, girl! :)

I think you'd look great even bald, and bangs certainly look cute on you... But you look so stunningly beautiful without bangs, I want to advise you to keep growing them!

oktobergoud
January 16th, 2013, 04:33 PM
I like the first picture best, and all the other pictures without bangs! As someone with a low, slanted forehead, I've always felt there's nothing more feminine and beautiful than a high, straight forehead. Besides, a large forehead (along with things like big eyes, lips, and rosy cheeks...) is one of the more prominent qualities pattern-recognized by our brains to look "cute," "young," and "feminine." This is why cute cartoon characters have big foreheads, and caricatures of attractive women (eg, pin up girls, photoshopped magazine models, whatever) have large foreheads. A large forehead is NOT a bad thing, girl! :)

I think you'd look great even bald, and bangs certainly look cute on you... But you look so stunningly beautiful without bangs, I want to advise you to keep growing them!

Ah wow, you're too kind!! Thank you so much :flower: I had supershort hair (think half an inch to an inch at the longest parts) once and uhm.. it wasn't really THAT great on me haha! But again, thank you :D