PDA

View Full Version : Another Inch Grown, My First Henna, and A Question

Urchin
March 17th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Today was a fantastic hair day. I measured myself at 19 inches, and I did my first henna. I was worried it wouldn't blend my virgin roots with my chemically dyed length, but it did. The two sections were only a few shades different, thankfully. I can't believe how shiny it is!

Also, my growth has been fantastic. I measured myself at 16 inches at the beginning of December. That means I've grown about 3 inches in 3 and a half months. That's insane! I think scalp massaging did a lot to help that. My ends are in great shape because I condition them religiously. I hope I never have to trim. I also take note of the hairs I shed every day, and it's really not many at all.

I have a question for you all, though. My bangs are at a length where I need to decide whether or not to trim them. They are getting annoying. Here is a picture of me, taken today. What is your opinion?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=449&pictureid=4405

Thanks LHC for getting me so far so fast!

BrianaFineHair
March 17th, 2008, 08:08 PM
For some reason, I can't get your photo. Regarding the bangs, do you want to grow them out? If so, use head bands and barretts to keep the bangs out of your eyes. I'm in the same boat. My bangs are just below nose level and I can *almost* tuck them behind my ears.

Congrats on the fast growth and your henna outcome. :)

Robinlyn
March 17th, 2008, 08:16 PM
The henna came out beautifully! You have a pretty face, I say no trimming your bangs. Let them grow and see how you like it! I know it's a pain growing bangs out, but I can see you with one length hair! Happy Growing!

jojo
March 17th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Your hair looks great, i too second the dont cut your bangs and see, I think you would look great with or without though.

Urchin
March 17th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Thanks for the advice, ladies. I'll let them grow and reasses the situation at a later date.

(Curses! They will be behind the rest of my hair in length!)

Carina
March 17th, 2008, 10:44 PM
I'm thinking about using henna on my hair but have not made the final decision yet.I think your hair looks very beautiful and you must be very happy with it.What henna did you use?Tell us more:taz:

GlassEyes
March 18th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I think your face can handle being without bangs, but ultimately it's your choice.

Why not try growing them out? If you don't like it you can always cut them back in (though sometimes that can be painful too xD).