PDA

View Full Version : Am I at waist?

Cheele
January 10th, 2013, 11:23 PM
I don't have much of an actual waist so it's hard to tell. I've put my thumbs just where I've determined is the most "waisty" place that I can find. I do know that hip would be right where the shorts I'm wearing hit. Anyway, just thought I'd ask the community before I officially graduate myself :).

Also bonus question! I typed myself some months ago alone.. so if you have any opinions, please tell me what you think my hair type is. It's a little wonky today.. but the waves are still all mine.

Thanks!

http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af104/callielallie/1-10-13small_zps2325edcf.jpg

kittengirl
January 10th, 2013, 11:28 PM
I think it's past waist. Congrats!

jojo
January 10th, 2013, 11:33 PM
Id too put you past waist and a few months off hip, congratulations

Audhumla
January 10th, 2013, 11:34 PM
Yep you're definitely past waist.
Congrats. So jealous :p

MORE
January 10th, 2013, 11:36 PM
Agree, I think it looks like you're past waist. :)

Yozhik
January 10th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Definitely past waist - congratulations! :)

It looks to me like your hands might be a little lower than your true waist. If you're having trouble determining what the narrowest part of your torso is, try bending sideways - that point at which you bend should be your waist. :flower:

Also, as far as texture I'd go with a 2a. Is that your natural color and is your hair brushed out? Those two things could also affect your wave, so may lead to a false reading.

Cheele
January 11th, 2013, 12:03 AM
Definitely past waist - congratulations! :)

It looks to me like your hands might be a little lower than your true waist. If you're having trouble determining what the narrowest part of your torso is, try bending sideways - that point at which you bend should be your waist. :flower:

Also, as far as texture I'd go with a 2a. Is that your natural color and is your hair brushed out? Those two things could also affect your wave, so may lead to a false reading.

No, this is not my natural hair color. I dye it black. It's now faded from washing and tinted from ACV :ponder:. My natural hair color is a mildly red-tinted ashy brown.. I think, haha. I just washed it earlier in the day from when this picture was taken.. then I put it in my Turbie Twist for a while.. took that off while it was still fairly wet.. and then took a nap with it down :sleep:. That probably affected it. I didn't brush it while it was wet, though. My avatar shows my hair when I brushed/combed it out while it was wet.

But wow :agape:. 2a? Didn't expect that.

biogirl87
January 11th, 2013, 12:10 AM
Agree with others above, you're a little past waist. It's on to hip for you. Congrats.

spirals
January 11th, 2013, 12:23 AM
You're past waist, heading to hip. I'm trying not to be jealous.

Allychan
January 11th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Gorgeous!!

melusine963
January 11th, 2013, 12:53 AM
I'd say the bottom of you 'U' is at hip.

sarelis
January 11th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Lovely hair, and I agree, it looks like you are just touching hip length, congrats! :D

joflakes
January 11th, 2013, 01:44 AM
Past waist IMO, too! Well done. =)

MintChocChip
January 11th, 2013, 03:34 AM
Definitely waist! Very pretty!

shutterpillar
January 11th, 2013, 05:41 AM
I am soooo jealous of your hair, and I agree with everyone else - you are definitely past waist!

Angelica
January 11th, 2013, 06:11 AM
Beautiful hair in great condition. I'd say a little past waist as well :)

Nebulae
January 11th, 2013, 07:10 AM
Beautiful hair! You are definitely past waist, congratulations! :D I think your natural waist might actually be a bit higher than where you placed your hands.. looks like you are halfway between waist and hip.

faellen
January 11th, 2013, 07:33 AM
Definitely past waist, your hair is lovely! :D

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2013, 09:12 AM
Congrats you're at waist almost hip.

Bambi
January 11th, 2013, 09:31 AM
Congratulations!

lapushka
January 11th, 2013, 10:41 AM
Congrats. I agree with so many others, you're way past waist, almost hip even.

Yozhik
January 11th, 2013, 02:40 PM
No, this is not my natural hair color. I dye it black. It's now faded from washing and tinted from ACV :ponder:. My natural hair color is a mildly red-tinted ashy brown.. I think, haha. I just washed it earlier in the day from when this picture was taken.. then I put it in my Turbie Twist for a while.. took that off while it was still fairly wet.. and then took a nap with it down :sleep:. That probably affected it. I didn't brush it while it was wet, though. My avatar shows my hair when I brushed/combed it out while it was wet.

But wow :agape:. 2a? Didn't expect that.

Hmm...I bet the turbie twist affected it, then. :) Who knows, maybe your undyed hair would be straighter or wavier - it's difficult to tell how dye affects hair structure. :shrug:

In any case, your hair is very pretty, and you're so close to hip! I have to say, I'm also pretty envious. :)
I really like your hemline, too. I'm aiming to see what hip looks like on me, and I have a similar (but slightly more u) hemline, but I won't get to hip for another half year, I think.

PixxieStix
January 11th, 2013, 08:20 PM
Past waist for sure, congratulations! :D