PDA

View Full Version : Monistat for dandruff & breastfeeding

Braidmaid83
January 10th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I am nursing, no poo usually BS wash. Sick and tired of the flakes! I eat an almost paleo diet and rarely use anything but coconut oil or V05 dish. I have had problems with yeast with this baby (started as thrush) and mild seborhic dermatitis (face) before that. What am I doing wrong? :(

Braidmaid83
January 10th, 2013, 08:42 PM
Can I use the monistat on my scalp while nursing? How often? Should I just go back to traditional head & shoulders? Head and shoulder led me down this path, the more I washed with it, the more I needed it. I have had some dandruff since going no poo. But I think this is something more, bigger scales if you will.

jillosity
January 10th, 2013, 10:33 PM
Monistat is probably not the best thing you could do nutrition-wise for your baby, and the dandruff might be a bigger issue than wanting your hair to grow fast. For the dandruff try an ACV rinse, it really helps scalps to be healthy. I had no luck when I did BS, my scalp got greasier than it ever had been, and my hair looked awful too. I did well with a LUsh shampoo bar called Reincarnate, it had Rhassoul clay in it, and combined with an ACV rinse my hair and scalp was awesome. Perhaps try a gentler shampoo than head & shoulders rather than the BS, but definitely do the ACV.

Braidmaid83
January 11th, 2013, 04:53 AM
Thanks, certainly not trying to grow I am near my waist and can barely handle it. I stopped the ACV a while ago. Was not doing much for me. I read some article along the way that it was not helpful for dandruff caused by yeast. At this point there is not much I won't try, back to the ACV will be step one.

Allychan
January 11th, 2013, 05:12 AM
Massaging your scalp with Castor oil is really good for Dandruff, as it is a natural antifungas and antibacterial. Shouldn't interfere with the breastfeeding either

Braidmaid83
January 11th, 2013, 05:17 AM
I like castor oil, topically ;) I will try that also!
I looked at the lush website and did not see the reincarnate shampoo bar :(

jillosity
January 11th, 2013, 08:09 AM
Look in the Retro section, hopefully it's there. An oiling might help, Susun Weed recommends olive oil for thrush crusted scalps for babies, probably will help you too. I have a feeling dietary changes could help, but I've been veg so long I really wouldn't know where to start when a person is eating meat, other than cutting it out ;)