PDA

View Full Version : Jan 2013 Length Shot :)

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 05:06 AM
Well, I haven't posted a progress pic for a long time, I have mainly been learning updos, improving hair health & changing colours for the last year, so without further ado, here is a pic from around Feb - March last year;
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/rs-15_zps23141d1a.jpg
Just past waist after a fairly big chop the summer before (no, I'm really NOT picking my nose in this pic!!)
And this is from today;
http://i580.photobucket.com/albums/ss241/sarelis_photos/jan13lengthshot_zps0fc7a722.jpg
I swear I have tried to resize this about a million times! Gahh! Sorry for the huge pic. Anyway, looks like I'm closer to TBL than I thought, on me it's just below my belt loop. My ends are still a bit scraggly despite 6 monthly trims, but that doesn't worry me too much :)

melusine963
January 10th, 2013, 06:12 AM
That's impressive growth for in under a year! You have great hair.

bunzfan
January 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Oh wow!! your hair looks amazing now :thud: this has putting those scissors away for a good while.

rtree721
January 10th, 2013, 06:32 AM
Looks awesome!

crazycandigirl
January 10th, 2013, 06:39 AM
You have beautiful hair!

Lippytoes
January 10th, 2013, 06:57 AM
I love your ends! So pretty!

joflakes
January 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Looking great, and I love the colour!

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
Thank you everyone :D I thought I was stuck in a growth stall as it didn't feel like it had grown for ages, but the pic told a different story lol I am going to keep up with my 6 monthly trims, I really feel it helps with the quality of my ends & it tangles less even though I usually only take off less than an inch. I have had long hair nearly all my life, but I think this is the longest it has ever been :D

SerinaDaith
January 10th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Absolutely lovely growth! The color is lovely too! Keep up the great growing, whatever you are doing is totally working!

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 07:14 AM
It really is true, it grows while you are not looking! I'm going to spend this year keeping it in updos & ignoring it and see what it does :)

faellen
January 10th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Wow it has grown so fast, looks amazing!

Also, I love your avatar. Wish I could do that on my own hair!

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Thank you Faellen, it was really simple to do actually after I read Madora's instructions for a double braided bun, simply make 2 ponytails one above the other, braid them, bun the top one then wrap the second one around it, pin at N,S,E and W :) I do it on DD's APL hair for her sometimes, she loves it because it makes her bun twice the size it usually is!

cathair
January 10th, 2013, 07:43 AM
Thank you Faellen, it was really simple to do actually after I read Madora's instructions for a double braided bun, simply make 2 ponytails one above the other, braid them, bun the top one then wrap the second one around it, pin at N,S,E and W :) I do it on DD's APL hair for her sometimes, she loves it because it makes her bun twice the size it usually is!

Another fan of your avatar here, but didn't dare ask! Glad Faellen did. Can you do that without using elastic hair bands? I could see myself have to use 2 or 4.

Nice to see someone else from South West England too :) Your hair growth in incredible, if might grew like that I would be at my goal this year! I love your colour and thickness and length. I don't think your ends are scraggly at all, they are very pretty :)

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2013, 07:46 AM
You have amazing growth! I love your color too! I think doing a trim every six months is the smart way to do things and it's obviously working for you. :D

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 08:54 AM
Another fan of your avatar here, but didn't dare ask! Glad Faellen did. Can you do that without using elastic hair bands? I could see myself have to use 2 or 4.

Nice to see someone else from South West England too :) Your hair growth in incredible, if might grew like that I would be at my goal this year! I love your colour and thickness and length. I don't think your ends are scraggly at all, they are very pretty :)

Thank you! I can't even do a single English braid without putting it in a pony first, but someone with better braiding skills would probably manage it! I don't use bands on the ends though, just pin 'em down good & proper!
I'm in Dorset, what county are you in? It's getting colder here now, expecting snow at the weekend (makes a change from all the bloomin rain lol)

sarelis
January 10th, 2013, 08:57 AM
You have amazing growth! I love your color too! I think doing a trim every six months is the smart way to do things and it's obviously working for you. :D

Thank you Lostsoule, funny thing is I spent all summer 2 years ago stripping permanent black dye from my hair, went blonde, henna, directions red/purple, only to end up dark brown/ black again! Ah well, at least it's only veg dye now so if I get bored I won't have to ruin my hair removing it this time!

rock007junkie
January 10th, 2013, 09:22 AM
That really is a lot of growth for that period of time!

shutterpillar
January 10th, 2013, 09:25 AM
You have beautiful hair!

OUKess
January 11th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Very beautiful!!!

jojo
January 11th, 2013, 11:09 AM
Wonderful growth, loving the colour too!

jacqueline101
January 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Your hair looks great.

lunalocks
January 11th, 2013, 01:11 PM
That is amazing growth for less than a year. beautiful color, too.

Beatnik Guy
January 11th, 2013, 03:46 PM
Awesome growth! :D

sarelis
January 12th, 2013, 02:41 AM
Thank you everyone, maybe if it continues sprouting at this rate I may hit my goal of classic sooner than I thought! I'm tentatively thinking I may be there for my June 2014 trim :D

faellen
January 14th, 2013, 04:14 AM

Fantastic, thanks for this! Gonna have a go :)

Falcore
January 14th, 2013, 04:22 AM
Wow, really beautiful hair and great growth!

cathair
January 23rd, 2013, 06:46 AM
Thank you! I can't even do a single English braid without putting it in a pony first, but someone with better braiding skills would probably manage it! I don't use bands on the ends though, just pin 'em down good & proper!
I'm in Dorset, what county are you in? It's getting colder here now, expecting snow at the weekend (makes a change from all the bloomin rain lol)

Sorry for the slow reply, have been away for a little while. Bands or no bands, it looks amazing :) Due for a hair wash today, but think I will try this tomorrow. I got some interesting looking hair bands made of fabric with no seams in for xmas, gives me an excuse to try them :)

I am over in Exeter. We have had a short bouts of snow, they have been very large snow flakes but none of it has settled yet. How about you? Has it setted in Dorset?

MasCat
January 23rd, 2013, 07:26 AM
stunning hair and amazing growth :)