PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have this Sleep Cap??

kittengirl
January 9th, 2013, 09:31 PM
http://www.shop.maverickwear.com/product.sc?productId=33

I have been trying to find a good sleep cap. My head hurts if they are too tight, they fall off if they are too loose, etc. This one interests me because you can adjust how tight it is. Anyone have an opinion? They say that you can return a product if you don't like it, so maybe I should just try it?

eros
January 10th, 2013, 08:58 AM
hmm, i didn't bother with sleep caps anymore,because my hair kept slipping out of it and the cap couldn't hold it all. even if you can tighten it,because it's silk, it might still slip off. you could try it out, but id try out a silk pillow case instead. just a thought!

kittengirl
January 10th, 2013, 10:41 AM
hmm, i didn't bother with sleep caps anymore,because my hair kept slipping out of it and the cap couldn't hold it all. even if you can tighten it,because it's silk, it might still slip off. you could try it out, but id try out a silk pillow case instead. just a thought!

I do use a satin pillow case but my hair still seems like I have a halo of fuzz in the morning. I braid for bed as well. I have been thinking of giving up the sleep cap idea though. Honestly, I have the same problems with them that you mentioned!

dollyfish
January 10th, 2013, 03:47 PM
I haven't tried that sleep cap, but I have the exact same issues and am also looking for a perfect sleep cap :( :( :(
I've got a satin pillowcase, and I sleep in braids, but I love how smooth my hair is if I sleep with a cap... but the few caps I've tried have all been too tight and painful or too loose. Definitely keeping an eye on this thread!

Mya
January 10th, 2013, 04:34 PM
Just a thought. You who have those issues, may try sewing on the edge of your sleep cap an elastic band that would pass under your chin, so that it keeps the cap from slipping off.

kittengirl
January 10th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I haven't tried that sleep cap, but I have the exact same issues and am also looking for a perfect sleep cap :( :( :(
I've got a satin pillowcase, and I sleep in braids, but I love how smooth my hair is if I sleep with a cap... but the few caps I've tried have all been too tight and painful or too loose. Definitely keeping an eye on this thread!

Ha, you sound just like me!

kittengirl
January 10th, 2013, 07:29 PM
Just a thought. You who have those issues, may try sewing on the edge of your sleep cap an elastic band that would pass under your chin, so that it keeps the cap from slipping off.

That is a good idea, but I am super sensitive to the feel of things and I think that would bother me. I'm kinda fussy, lol!

OrganicJewel
January 10th, 2013, 08:01 PM
I have this exact cap, I have never used another so I have no comparison, but in the six months I've owned it, it's served me well. It's adjustable, so you can tighten or loosen to suit you. It has only fallen off occasionally in the night, but that's when I've worn it too loose. The only complaint I have is that the ribbon falls into my face, which is annoying, but that's easily fixed by rotating the cap of tucking the ribbon under the elastic. All in all I would give say it's been great.

kittengirl
January 10th, 2013, 09:09 PM
I have this exact cap, I have never used another so I have no comparison, but in the six months I've owned it, it's served me well. It's adjustable, so you can tighten or loosen to suit you. It has only fallen off occasionally in the night, but that's when I've worn it too loose. The only complaint I have is that the ribbon falls into my face, which is annoying, but that's easily fixed by rotating the cap of tucking the ribbon under the elastic. All in all I would give say it's been great.
That's good to know. It doesn't cause hair breakage in the front? I just can't decide, but I guess I would have nothing to lose by trying it.

Sakuracha
January 11th, 2013, 09:20 PM
Funny you should ask. I just purchased this cap and have been testing it out for one week so far. For the week I've been using it, I really like it. As another commenter posted the cap is adjustable. The instructions that come with the cap state that the ribbon should be tied at base of neck with elastic side up. Not the most flattering look, it would look cuter with the ribbon up but I'm just sleeping in it so appearance isn't the most important thing.

I also got the dread sock to test out as well. I'm hoping to test that one either next week or the following week. I also purchased silk pillow cases from another company that a lhc poster recommended. I'm doing what I can to protect my hair during waking and sleeping hours as much as possible. Btw, my hair is longer than hip but not quite tailbone. I got the large size in both caps to make sure I have plenty of room for growth.