PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone tried to grow their eyebrows with Monistat?

marla
January 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
If so, did it work? How long did it take? Any tips?

angelfell
January 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I haven't tried monistat but I am trying Men's Rogaine 5% right now for my eyebrows. I have been using it about a month and have noticed light growth in the areas I was previously bare. It's only a few hairs, but I've only been using it for a month. I'd definitely say it's working, though. If monistat is a comprable product with the same chemical (minoxidil), it will probably work.

Oh, and no mustache as of yet ;) some people say using the men's will make women grow mustaches. I've had not a single issue thus far.

Carolyn
January 8th, 2013, 05:59 PM
I'm using LiBrow. It seems to be working.

Mrsbaybeegurl
January 8th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Not monistat BUT I have heard amazing stuff about castor oil for eyebrows and even eye lashes. I am not consistent with it (like only remember a few times a month) but do find my eyebrows are growing in better but nothing with my eyelashes, though I do believe if I used it regularly I'de see improvement there too.

spirals
January 8th, 2013, 06:23 PM
I'm getting results w/ castor oil. I have baby hairs where they haven't been in 20 years! I apply almost every night and have been doing so since mid-October. I wish I had pics, but didn't think to take any.

chen bao jun
January 8th, 2013, 07:00 PM
Nothing goes near these eyes. If I want more eyebrow, its gonna be eyebrow pencil--but that's just me. I am a coward.

dragonfly90
January 8th, 2013, 10:08 PM
One time I plucked ALL my eyebrows out. I was really stressed and suddenly wanted to see what I looked like without eyebrows. Needless to say, It was a horrible idea, but I grew them back really fast using this cheap ardell brow and lash growth accelerator. I don't know if it really helped much considering my eyebrows naturally grow really fast, but it did get rave reviews on makeupalley or some similar website I don't remember. I wouldn't put monistat on your eyebrows. I think it would be very irritating.

Wildcat Diva
January 8th, 2013, 11:56 PM
When I think about it, I use a tad of straight Monistat on my nape hairs and eyebrows. I also use castor oil when I think about it too. I'm not super consistent. I'm getting okay results, like I'm not thrilled or anything. I notice no irritation at all.

10000days
January 9th, 2013, 03:52 AM
I tried it and maybe it worked but, honestly, I think the key is to steer clear of the tweezers.

DarleneH
January 9th, 2013, 06:21 AM
I hadn't thought of Monistat on brows, but using castor oil just gives me acne in that area and ends up looking horrible.

angelfell, are you using the Rogaine products that are at drugstores now?

dulce
January 9th, 2013, 10:35 AM
I lost half my eyebrows with menopause,I used Rogaine 5% on them and they grew back well enough that I don't look odd anymore,but you need to keep using it.I use it once a day only,applying with my fingers.

chen bao jun
January 9th, 2013, 02:48 PM
One time I plucked ALL my eyebrows out. I was really stressed and suddenly wanted to see what I looked like without eyebrows. Needless to say, It was a horrible idea, but I grew them back really fast using this cheap ardell brow and lash growth accelerator. I don't know if it really helped much considering my eyebrows naturally grow really fast, but it did get rave reviews on makeupalley or some similar website I don't remember. I wouldn't put monistat on your eyebrows. I think it would be very irritating.
My son did this once in a bipolar episode. He's a very handsome man and I didn't think he could look unattractive but this did. They did grow back of course-- took four or five months.
I realize growing older can lead to less eyebrows, most ladies I know in their eighties don't have eyebrows anymore no matter how thick they once were, but I repeat, nothing goes near THESE eyes, neither chemicals nor castor oil. I will eyebrow pencil and that's it. I'm quite vain, but I value my eyesight a great deal and also find that near my eyes the skin is even more easily irritated than the rest of my highly allergic skin. I gave up eye makeup and mascara as a teenager even though everyone said you HAD to wear them because not only were they horribly itchy, but the products used to take them off were worse and I couldn't see that rubbing my eyes as much as I had to to use was doing me any good. That's just me, though. If it works for you, carry on.

angelfell
January 9th, 2013, 03:17 PM
DarleneH: Yes, I picked mine up at WalMart, and I'm also using the cheaper Equate brand. It has the same chemical at the same percentage, and is working so I figure why spend the exta $? It lasts a LONG time, too. I squeeze a few drops on a q-tip, then rub the q-tip over the entirety of my eyebrows (and sparse areas of the brow I WANT to have hair :)).

I have read with this you need to continue use for the new hairs to stay there, as dulce mentioned. This makes sense since eyebrow hairs, like all hairs, shed and regrow. I find this to be minor inconvenience compared to having thin, unsightly eyebrows. I haven't stopped using it to test the theory, however.

dulce
January 9th, 2013, 06:32 PM
I didn't have very thin brows,I had absolutely NO hair at all from the mid arch to tip, so using an eyebrow pencil on bare skin did not work for me,I tried that,it looked so fake,thanks to Rogaine I regrew hair after several years of bare skin.I guess it depends how much thinning you have as to how to deal with it.I felt like a freak with no hair at all for half my brows[both were affected]

marla
January 12th, 2013, 03:02 PM
I used to have super thick eyebrows but they have thinned out with age. I've been using the monistat for a few weeks and I don't see much happening so I will try the castor oil.

kallarina
January 12th, 2013, 06:21 PM
I over-waxed my eyebrows, to the point that they were very thin and I couldn't get them to grow anymore. I penciled them in because they looked awful. I heard about the castor oil thing and decided to try it, I figured it wouldn't hurt. I cleaned out an old lipgloss tube and filled it with castor oil. The wand helped apply it cleanly. I could just apply it every night and wash it off in the morning. Just so you can see the difference that made in four months...
http://i1251.photobucket.com/albums/hh555/kallarina_rose/lhc4-vert_zps82c583b9.jpg

The first was when they were very thin and I was penciling. The second was about four months after I started using the castor oil, and I had just brushed a little bit of powder color into them to match them to my hair color.
So, yeah. I'd recommend the castor oil.

spirals
January 13th, 2013, 02:29 AM
My eyebrow pencil contains castor oil, but that didn't do the trick. I was in the same situation as dulce before the castor oil treatment: nearly bare on the outsides of the brows. It's a big difference, but still more sparse than I want. Oh well--at least pencil on a sparser area is better than pencil on bare skin! I miss my Brooke Shields eyebrows.

dulce
January 13th, 2013, 11:10 AM
I now use eyelid ''taupe''powder applied with a brush to my brows now instead of a pencil. Try that and compare to a pencil to see which works best for you.

dollyfish
January 15th, 2013, 05:24 PM
I use that eyelash growth stuff (one of the cheaper brands, and I got it on sale). Not only does it work on my eyelashes, but it helped regrow the bald patches on my eyebrows. I wish I had before and after pictures... I've found that it doesn't cause you to sprout new hairs or something ridiculous like that, it seems to just work on the existing follicles. There's a bald patch on one eyebrow where the follicles seem to be...gone... I don't know, but they won't grow anymore no matter what. But the rest regrew faster, and it makes the hairs that grow thicker and healthier. That's why if you miss you'll end up getting the teensy peach fuzz hairs that cover your face growing longer and thicker than they should (I accidentally grew out and thickened the random eyelashes in my inner eye corners! lol). But if you draw it carefully it works great.

ETA: It took me about 1-2 weeks to notice results. And I kept it up for the full month just in case. I apply it occasionally now, maybe once or twice a week.