PDA

View Full Version : One year with the lhc and growing blues!

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Hey peeps! One year with the LHC for me!:blossom:

I'd like to thank everyone for your advice, growth support, enabling, and new hairstyles!

I'm getting the growing blues as it seems like my hair is growing nowhere fast. :(

Vamos hair! Lets get a move on!

Nae
January 8th, 2013, 05:22 PM
You are in the mid-back expanse. These things take time!

Also, the pouting over lack of pictures in your anniversary thread is about to commence. :wink:

P.S. Hope you are feeling better and congratulations!! :smooch:

HereIGrowAgain
January 8th, 2013, 05:26 PM
Yes! We want pictures! :-)

shutterpillar
January 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Yeah, really! *demands pictures* :p

A very happy anniversary to you! I completely feel your pain when you say you feel like your hair is going nowhere. Mine seems to be in the same spot for the past few months.

Yozhik
January 8th, 2013, 05:54 PM
Happy anniversary! :flowers:

I'm sure you hair has grown more than it seems to you - sometimes I feel like it's getting nowhere, and then I take a photo and compare it to a few months ago and realize that the growth just snuck up on me. :)

You know what I love? Anniversary threads with pictures! :p ;) :flower:

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2013, 06:17 PM
Ok ok, pics! lol

Here's my elf pic from October 2011 before I joined the LHC:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/14eb312e441ac3af1b39092311977f9d.jpg

Here's a pic from fall 2012:

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/5358596ae5191e15394074c5646e8658.jpg

And here's one I took just now: (yes my ends need a trim.... my thumbs is where my waist is)

http://i1068.photobucket.com/albums/u456/becky_bear_is_cute/52c9ce71667c09eb2485fd706d20a95a.jpg

biogirl87
January 8th, 2013, 06:20 PM
Congrats on your anniversary. Although they may need a trim, your ends look okay. Even with the trim you'll be at waist in a couple of months (way before I get to BSL).

Xi
January 8th, 2013, 06:21 PM
:cheer: Hang in there Long_hair_bear! Slowly but surely it will reach your desired lengths! If only we had some handy anniversary pictures to go by, we could provide much better and more detailed encouragement .... ;) :popcorn: :flower:

Edit: We posted at the same time! Your hair is looking beautiful. And you've totally lied! You have made great progress! Your hair grows waaay faster than mine. :)

Long_hair_bear
January 8th, 2013, 06:22 PM
:cheer: Hang in there Long_hair_bear! Slowly but surely it will reach your desired lengths! If only we had some handy anniversary pictures to go by, we could provide much better and more detailed encouragement .... ;) :popcorn: :flower:

You do! Just posted them here. :)

Yozhik
January 8th, 2013, 06:58 PM
That looks like significant hair growth to me! :flowers:

Congratulations again!

torrilin
January 8th, 2013, 07:28 PM
That's pretty decent progress :). It just doesn't feel longer right now because you're used to it.

I usually don't notice extra length until it's a good 4 or 5 inches, or until someone else comments. When my parents were here this summer, my mom was very surprised by how long my hair has gotten. I hadn't noticed until she pointed it out.

jennafrogg
January 8th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I think it looks great, you've made crazy progress since 2011!

mzBANGBANG
January 8th, 2013, 07:55 PM
whoa, your progress from fall til now is incredible! Doing something right!

melusine963
January 9th, 2013, 01:38 AM
Wow, you've made great progress! Maybe you've hit a temporary stall, but that seems to be pretty normal for people. Hopefully your hair will start growing faster again very soon.

Lostsoule77
January 9th, 2013, 07:29 AM
You are kidding when you said your hair isn't growing right? Because from those pictures you grew quite a bit between the fall and now! Congratulations on your anniversary! :D

Long_hair_bear
January 9th, 2013, 07:32 AM
Lol maybe you guys are right, but like my mom says, a watched pot never boils. I've tried putting it up and forgetting about it, but I'm too ADD for that. lol

SerinaDaith
January 9th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Oh wow, I hope to have that much progress myself since I am just at collar bone now! Keep up the great growth!

Long_hair_bear
January 21st, 2013, 05:29 PM
Update! The hubby just measured my hair.... 30.5"! That means not only did I just beat my temporary goal, but I've grown 7" since last year. According to my blog, I was at 24" January 2012 and I got a 1/2" trim in August. :)

Vanille_
January 21st, 2013, 05:52 PM
Your hair is beautiful! And the numbers just prove your progress even more! Happy growing <3

Long_hair_bear
January 21st, 2013, 05:55 PM
Your hair is beautiful! And the numbers just prove your progress even more! Happy growing <3

TY, dear! :) All thanks to the lhc!

Seeshami
January 21st, 2013, 06:05 PM
Best thing to do with the mid back expanse is to stop paying attention to the length. It's like driving through Kansas (sorry any one who is from Kansas but us highlanders in Colorado make fun of your state) Seems like it never ends and goes on forever but it really doesn't. Distract yourself with perfecting fancy updos and practice ones you can quite do yet and then mid back will be gone and you'll be posting pictures titled "Is this waist?" or "Holy cow am I at hip?"

I hope you are getting a pretty something purple to commemorate!

Long_hair_bear
January 21st, 2013, 06:14 PM
Best thing to do with the mid back expanse is to stop paying attention to the length. It's like driving through Kansas (sorry any one who is from Kansas but us highlanders in Colorado make fun of your state) Seems like it never ends and goes on forever but it really doesn't. Distract yourself with perfecting fancy updos and practice ones you can quite do yet and then mid back will be gone and you'll be posting pictures titled "Is this waist?" or "Holy cow am I at hip?"

I hope you are getting a pretty something purple to commemorate!

Easier said than done with me, unfortunately..... I'm very ADD about my hair. I try to ignore it, but oh well..... I'll just have to suffer through my obsession.

I am, as of right now, waiting for some pressies I ordered before Christmas to come in the mail, so squee!

Seeshami
January 21st, 2013, 06:17 PM
Trust me I know exactly what you mean. I just recently realized I wasn't mid back any more. I got good at ignoring it when it was finally over but it drove me mad for months. I hope the pretties come soon! I hate the wait. I have some hair sticks on their way also.

Vanille_
January 21st, 2013, 06:39 PM
Just focus on styles and don't pull out the tape measurer? I'm telling you that some styles get harder or even impossible as your length grows. Take advantage of this period!

Long_hair_bear
January 21st, 2013, 07:12 PM
Just focus on styles and don't pull out the tape measurer? I'm telling you that some styles get harder or even impossible as your length grows. Take advantage of this period!

Actually, I'm very proud of myself. I resisted the urge to pull out the tape measure from October till today! Hurray me! I'm taking steps toward curing my hair ADD!

PixxieStix
January 21st, 2013, 08:12 PM
Aaaaw, happy Hair-iversary! :D You've made excellent progress during your time here, and you're going to be at solid waist in no time!

whylime13
January 21st, 2013, 08:28 PM
Happy Anniversary! Looks like you'll be to waist soon

Micayla47
January 21st, 2013, 10:21 PM
happy anniversary longhairbear. your hair is beautiful and it's grown A LOT! i sympathize with your frustration/hair ADD. i have the same problem. also, i've been measuring my hair and it seems that it only grows every other month???

MORE
January 22nd, 2013, 01:10 AM
Happy anniversary!:D Your hair is so beautiful.

And I loooooooooooove your elf jewellery, you should wear them all the time.:crush:

hanne jensen
January 22nd, 2013, 01:19 AM
Um...You've gone from about APL to waist in 2 years and you're complaining? Looks to me like you've achieved some solid growth in 2 years. Happy anniversary and Happy Growing.

MintChocChip
January 22nd, 2013, 01:44 AM
Amazing hair growth! :) Congrats on your lhc anniversary! Your hair looks lovely!

Tota
January 22nd, 2013, 02:06 AM
Wow, all this growth in just one year! Amazing! Congrats, your hair is beautiful.

ghost
January 22nd, 2013, 02:49 AM
Your hair is so pretty! I don't know why you would have the blues. Even if you do need to trim, you'll be at waist in no time at all.

Long_hair_bear
January 22nd, 2013, 07:26 AM
Your hair is so pretty! I don't know why you would have the blues. Even if you do need to trim, you'll be at waist in no time at all.

That seems to be a topic for debate, whether I'm at waist or not. I don't think I am and I don't want to call it waist till I'm solidly there. I'm getting a trim tomorrow so boo for that. :(

Thanks everyone for your encouragement on my hair growth rate. When its your own hair, you feel like it never grows! It's a pain sometimes, but I wouldn't cut it for anything less than helping to save my father (YAY Jo from Little Women!)

Cheers to a new hear of growing! :toast:

spidermom
January 22nd, 2013, 07:43 AM
That looks like awesome growth to me!

BrightEyes
January 22nd, 2013, 07:54 AM
I would say you've had some nice growth :) Your hair is beautiful, I love the color and it looks so thick and soft.

RubyTuesday
January 22nd, 2013, 01:52 PM
Pretty lady!
Your hair has grown loads. It is hard to have perspective when it is your own head :) Congrats on being nearly waist. Have some :cake:

Rose Petal
January 22nd, 2013, 04:03 PM
Great work on the hair growth. Its a year for me too, so I know just how you feel. I never thought it would take a whole year just to reach BSL. Good luck:)