PDA

View Full Version : Hip Length by Christmas 2013

MestizoGypsy
January 7th, 2013, 09:32 PM
I searched the forum but I couldn't find a waist to hip thread or a hip length by _____ thread, so I thought I'd start one! The tips of my hair are barely at 'can we call this waist,' and a recent trim didn't help much, but I'm really hoping to hit around hip length for December of 2013, for my college graduation! Anyone else have the same goal this year? :cheer:

MocBirdie
January 7th, 2013, 09:40 PM
I'm just about waist right now. If I'm very careful and can avoid getting split ends and avoid getting a 'micro' trim then yes! I am aiming for hip length by Christmas 2013. :D \0/

Allychan
January 7th, 2013, 10:18 PM
I am only a couple of inches from waist, so I reckon I will be at Hip WITH a decent hemline by Christmas 2013 easily :)

.........and it will be goodbye awkward chunk

mzBANGBANG
January 7th, 2013, 10:25 PM
2 inches from waist, 2 scheduled trims. My hip and waist markers aren't far off so it's worth a shot. Have to get about 6-7 inches to hit solid hip. Joining here since I'm sick of being stuck in the bsl 2 waist thread, haha.

MestizoGypsy
January 7th, 2013, 10:27 PM
My favorite thread was the Waist By Christmas thread, but that seems to have died now that it's passed Christmas. I'm not even solidly at waist yet, but since it's not too far off, I feel like I could make it close to hip by Christmas 2013.

Lissandria
January 8th, 2013, 04:46 AM
I may well make waist but I won't make hip. Good luck all :)

Bagginslover
January 8th, 2013, 05:21 AM
I'm in!
I'm at the same point as you MestizoGypsy, just about waist, and I got there from BSL last feb, so hopefully hip in a year is achievable for me!

Sadie
January 8th, 2013, 05:39 AM
I'm in as well!
I am at waist and my ends don't look too bad for now.
I will for sure micro-trim at least a couple of times during this year but I think I should make it.

And here are my crappy pics of my current length:

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/1476/imag0676q.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/338/imag0676q.jpg/)

http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/2632/imag0677b.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/443/imag0677b.jpg/)

MestizoGypsy
January 8th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Oh wow Sadie, I'd say you'll make it sooner than Christmas! Your hair is lovely =)

Rnate
January 8th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Almost waist now, so hope I'll make it :D!

Sadie
January 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
Oh wow Sadie, I'd say you'll make it sooner than Christmas! Your hair is lovely =)

Thank you! Yours is the first compliment that I get from LHC :blossom:

airmid
January 8th, 2013, 12:29 PM
I'm in! This might be my final goal, too, I'll see how I feel when I get there. Am at waist currently. :)

Rocket22
January 8th, 2013, 10:39 PM
I'm in too... although my hair has been growing at a snails pace :( but it's only 3-4 inches away which is good!

Cheele
January 11th, 2013, 12:09 AM
I think I'm about two inches from hip right now.. I should make it before Christmas.. unless I decide to go on a chopping spree..

:hatchet:

TheHowlingWolf
January 11th, 2013, 01:30 AM
I'm in. I'm between waist & hip now (with my hair down). When I wear a french braid, it's almost to waist but I'd like to to be at hip. My next "yay" milestone will be tbl but I'd like my french braid to reach hip.

spirals
January 13th, 2013, 02:41 AM
I'm just now at waist. I usually get about 9 inches of growth a year, so I know I can make the 4 inches by the end of the summer, barring trims. I do want to take off at least an inch to start getting rid of the thinning I did.

spirals
January 13th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Thank you! Yours is the first compliment that I get from LHC :blossom: Well, I second it. That braid is so smooth and shiny, and the color of espresso.

DarkCurls
January 13th, 2013, 03:01 AM
Well, I second it. That braid is so smooth and shiny, and the color of espresso.
Exactly. I really like your colour!

I guess I'll join. I kind of hoped to be at hip by now, but that was a bit of wishful thinking. I'm there stretched but still have about three inches curly for a solid hip. Factoring in shrinkage, I should be there by Christmas... and hopefully past it.

CarpeDM
January 13th, 2013, 05:58 AM
Count me in, I would love to make it to hip by the end of this year!

ellen732
January 13th, 2013, 07:50 AM
I'm in. I am at waist now and every time I get an inch or two beyond waist I cut it back to waist. I am planning to trim in June and then December. Hopefully I can stick it out.

FireFromWithin
January 13th, 2013, 08:44 AM
I'm in, I was in the waist by Christmas 2012 and I think I made it (at some point I will get some kind of account which allows me to get pictures here so I can have confirmation of these things).
I was thinking of maintaining at waist to get rid of layers and bleach but its just not long enough and my ends aren't too bad, might microtrim next weekend though (I'm retaking exams this week so I'm not in a state to do it now), I figure ill grow past hip then maybe go see me hairdresser to get it all evened out (the whole hairdresser's is amazing and they really care about the state of your hair and what you want but I've not trimmed enough thus year to go) but I seem to just want to go longer every time I reach a goal.

DancingQueen
January 13th, 2013, 09:07 AM
Hmm, I will probably have to wait at least two or three years, maybe even more, to get that. But best of luck to all of you, hope you will reach your goal :-)

vamq
January 13th, 2013, 09:09 AM
I'm in!
It seems my hair has stalled at waistlength for the last few months, even though I can see that it has grown (as I am growing out henna, so my natural color shows growth)
How weird is that?

If my hair decides not to act weird anymore, I might reach hiplength before christmas, which would be awesome :D

gillybeanxo3921
January 13th, 2013, 09:52 AM
I might be able to just make hip, or at least be brushing it. There's no telling yet, but it could happen!

MestizoGypsy
January 13th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I was hoping to see some of y'all from the Waist By Christmas thread over here! I know Christmas has passed, but I was surprised that thread died out so quickly, it was so encouraging! Anyway, for me it's nice to have an end date in sight. I guess we'll see where we're at in a year!

mzBANGBANG
January 13th, 2013, 11:45 AM
The end date really helps. I tend to use a day tracker. Only 80 days til my next trim. :P

Tabihito
January 13th, 2013, 08:38 PM
I'm just shy of waist, so I'm hoping for hip by Christmas for sure. Unless I stall, it should be doable.

Bagginslover
January 15th, 2013, 08:34 AM
I was hoping to see some of y'all from the Waist By Christmas thread over here! I know Christmas has passed, but I was surprised that thread died out so quickly, it was so encouraging! Anyway, for me it's nice to have an end date in sight. I guess we'll see where we're at in a year!

I'm from there! Granted I wasn't very active, but I was there ;)

ladylowtide
January 15th, 2013, 08:38 AM
Maybe! I'm less than an inch away from waist so at the current rate I believe I can make it to hip by this christmas. I'll be crossing my fingers.

patienceneeded
January 15th, 2013, 09:40 AM
I'm in! I didn't quite get to Waist by Christmas 2012, but came close! My ends are just touching waist now, I'll (hopefully) be at full waist by Valentines Day in 1 month! Then, if I avoid trimming as much this year (I trimmed off about 4-5" in 2012) I should make hip easily! Here's hoping!

MestizoGypsy
January 20th, 2013, 10:10 PM
How is everybody doing? I just tried to take a length picture, but that was a mistake, as I just had a trim on New Year's Eve, so the length picture was sort of discouraging. Maybe I'll take another in a few more weeks! I have the winter hair blahs anyway, it feels too dry and too thin and too short. I hope y'all are doing better than I am!

spirals
January 21st, 2013, 12:26 AM
Mine is dry, too. It's the weather. Today the high is supposed to be 8° F, I think. I static-shocked myself 3 times while shopping yesterday. I am going to try a homemade detangler. I have no marshmallow root right now, so I'm going to use flax seed. It is progress that I now need a detangler.

Bagginslover
January 21st, 2013, 03:00 AM
I'm washing tonight, so I'll do a length photo when its dry. I've been keeping my hair up a lot more these past few weeks, as I'm tentitively trying out CO washing again (and hating it again!). Might shampoo tonight though, then CO again next wash....

spirals
January 21st, 2013, 03:09 AM
Have you tried shampoo bars or castile soap? I tried co and my scalp had so much residue. I've been doing soap/acid rinse for 6 months and I'm happier. I still have to use conditioner on my lengths.

Bagginslover
January 21st, 2013, 03:11 AM
I haven't, I really don't know where to get soap bars here, and I'm far too disorganised to buy yhem online (I'd forget to reorder before it ran out completely!) I'll see how I go alternating the CO washing with SC, then perhaps I'll take the plunge if I'm still struggling.

spirals
January 21st, 2013, 03:54 PM
If you have a health food store nearby, they might carry liquid castile. I use Dr. Bronner, which is a fair trade, vegan, organic brand out of the San Diego, CA area. I have no idea if it's carried in other countries. It's made from coconut and hemp oils, I think.
But I have seen coconut oil castile bars in with the regular bar soap in the grocery store. I wasn't expecting that. I'll ask my friends in England for some suggestions and try to remember to post here.

My friend suggested these. It seems they are sold in the shops, too. http://www.naturalsoap.co.uk/about.htm

whitedove
January 21st, 2013, 06:03 PM
Another waste by christmas refugee, just going to park myself in the corner of here and hand out cookies to those who make it to hip. Good luck all :)

patienceneeded
January 21st, 2013, 08:03 PM
Just about to waist. Creeping every closer on a daily basis. Really hoping for Hip by the Christmas at the latest.

Kleine Mädchen
January 21st, 2013, 08:26 PM
I'm in! Ends are about 1/2inch away from waist so, unless another trimming disaster happens, I should be solidly at waist by December! :D Good luck to everyone!

hanne jensen
January 22nd, 2013, 01:26 AM
I'm going to try for it. I just hit waist now and I have a very short waist. I measured (I know, get a life) and I need 9 cm to be at solid hip. Barring major chops this should be doable for me.

shazzshazshz
January 22nd, 2013, 02:20 AM
Hi everyone, count me in :) I was also on the Waist by Christmas thread (not VERY active though) and I reached that goal. Now at solid waist.
Hoping to reach hip by Christmas, and that's my final goal :) Will post length pics soon. Good luck everybody!

Bagginslover
January 23rd, 2013, 06:39 AM
Finally got my photos uploaded!!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1831&d=1358948158
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=1832&d=1358948173
Sorry if theyre huge, I don't know how to resize on the forums. AS you can see, I'm just past waist now, and on my way to hip. If I don't go too trim happy, I'll make it before christmas!

anitacs9101
January 24th, 2013, 01:57 PM
I was on the Waist by Christmas thread too, and I reached my goal! :) I'm in! Here is a length shot from December 20th. I would show the one from January 20th but for some reason my hair looks shorter in it so I'll go with this one xD It's the same pic that's in my sig, but just in case I change it I'll just post it:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt212/OMGPwnies101/Hair/hairpiclengthshot.png

spirals
January 24th, 2013, 02:45 PM
anitacs9101, I'm thinking if you scrunched or t-shirt plopped your hair you'd be 2b. It seems like it wants to wave more. When I used to comb mine out, the ends would curl up and my friends, who also thought I had straight hair, would ask, "Why does it do that?"

AngryVikingGirl
January 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
I'm going for hip this year, too. After my trim, I'll need about 1-2 inches to go, another 1 or 2 for a thick, solid hem at hip.

koala
January 24th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Good luck to everyone!
I'm not sure if I want to join in. I'm getting close to waist and I've been thinking about hip. I thought I'd be at waist by Christmas 2012, but I guess not. Still a couple inches off.
But my hips start literally an inch under my waist, so hip length shouldn't be too hard.

nakima
January 24th, 2013, 06:48 PM
I was on the waist by christmas thread also and made my goal, then I joined the no trims in 2013 so if all goes well I think I can make hip by christmas 2013 keeping fingers crossed :) and happy growing everyone!

Cristina84
January 25th, 2013, 12:26 AM
HI girls!
I add myself too!!
this is my hair

[sorry for the worse quality and what i wear :p ]

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/1007/12012013333capelli.jpg

let's grow together :D

longNred
January 25th, 2013, 07:09 AM
oooooh me! ooooooh me! hip by xmas '13? game on!

super gross hair... would be nice if I took a break from life and idk, washed it or maybe combed it?

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/Hair/IMG_3727_zpsb6ba886e.jpg

ahhh that's better... it cleans up nicely at least. (pic from TODAY, photobombed by the 5yr old)

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/jesss456/Hair/waterfall1_zps9b3ddf22.jpg

spirals
January 25th, 2013, 01:19 PM
Everyone has such nice hair.

anitacs9101
January 26th, 2013, 01:23 AM
anitacs9101, I'm thinking if you scrunched or t-shirt plopped your hair you'd be 2b. It seems like it wants to wave more. When I used to comb mine out, the ends would curl up and my friends, who also thought I had straight hair, would ask, "Why does it do that?"

I actually tried CG and plopping for a while but quit because I couldn't get the hang of it xD. Plus I hated not being able to brush my hair, and I had to wash it like every day cuz it'd get really tangled looking.

If you look at my hair clarified, it doesn't really look like uniform waves I usually see, it's more like random dents and kinks xD but the overall impression is wavy so I just guessed 2a.

Here's my clarified hairtyping pic:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt212/OMGPwnies101/SMALLSIZEhairtyping.jpg

Anddd my first try at CG:

http://i613.photobucket.com/albums/tt212/OMGPwnies101/SMALLSIZEcg.jpg

Springlets
January 26th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I'll join! I think I am around 1" away from waist now, but hip is 5" away from waist on me, so I might barely get there. But I am going to start taking pre-natal vitamins and work out more so hopefully that will give me a boost in growth. I have been chop happy all this last year from trying to get rid of layers and bleach but my hemline is pretty thick now and my undercanopy is almost completely natural, so I think I'm in good shape to start letting it grow out finally. Once I can tone the brassy bleach parts I don't think it will stand out so much and then I won't mind having them.

airmid
January 27th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Gave 'er a trim last night... I feel like the trimming sort of takes me backward but my hemline looks so much thicker now, and the ends were getting dry and scraggly. I'm still at waist but only barely. I think for the next year I am going to trim more often than I used to so the quality of my hair improves- I feel I might still get to hip with semi-regular microtrims. I have a short torso! :)

AngryVikingGirl
January 31st, 2013, 07:51 AM
Hi guys! I'm in! Hip is my exact goal for Christmas. Just got a trim, I hope I can make it.
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2073&d=1359641575

Redhead Rebel
January 31st, 2013, 03:10 PM
Is HL measured at the top of the hip bone or at the widest part?

Sorry for the silly question :)

Sylvestrix
January 31st, 2013, 03:44 PM
I'm in!...I think!

I'm headed for tailbone/BCL (which despite what people keep telling me, seem to be the same on me? -shrug-) which is 8 inches away- since the general consensus seems to be that hip is slightly higher, I may just make it by Christmas! Since you lovely people are so knowledgeable (yes, I'm a dreadful suck up!) perhaps you can tell me if I'm even close with my guestimation of hip being the widest part of my hips, or is it usually higher? I can't seem to figure out where my hip bones actually start o.o

Is HL measured at the top of the hip bone or at the widest part?

Sorry for the silly question :)

IMO, there are no silly questions, especially since I'm not sure either!

MestizoGypsy
January 31st, 2013, 06:11 PM
I don't know the technical answer to that, but personally, I'm calling hip as soon as it hits the top of my hips!

Redhead Rebel
January 31st, 2013, 06:30 PM
I'm in!...I think!

I'm headed for tailbone/BCL (which despite what people keep telling me, seem to be the same on me? -shrug-) which is 8 inches away- since the general consensus seems to be that hip is slightly higher, I may just make it by Christmas! Since you lovely people are so knowledgeable (yes, I'm a dreadful suck up!) perhaps you can tell me if I'm even close with my guestimation of hip being the widest part of my hips, or is it usually higher? I can't seem to figure out where my hip bones actually start o.o

IMO, there are no silly questions, especially since I'm not sure either!

I just found this from a link on TLHC "Hip length is at the front hip bones and for some will fall half way in between waist and tailbone. For others it might be very nearly at tailbone length."

Would this mean that Hip is when your hair is in front of you and touches the widest part of your hips? I'm so confused! :(

MestizoGypsy
February 1st, 2013, 11:23 PM
I finnnnally made it to good, solid waist length- from just past bra strap length in June! Maybe if I'm lucky, I'll hit hip before Christmas!!

OUKess
February 1st, 2013, 11:26 PM
Beautiful hair LongNred!!

spirals
February 2nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
My waist and hip measurements (at several different points) are the same. I have no idea where hip is on me, so I'm calling it at 4 inches past waist.

gillybeanxo3921
February 2nd, 2013, 03:25 PM
I'm calling hip when it's around my back dimples! So basically, just a bit above where my belt sits.

I have about 1"-1.5" left until I reach waist (28") and hip is around 32" on me, so I should be able to make it!

longNred
February 3rd, 2013, 05:10 PM
Thanks OUKess, it's getting there! I think the longest layer is probably there or very close, but the majority seem to sit around waist so I've got a bit longer to go to a good solid hip.

Kristen121
February 4th, 2013, 05:23 PM
Joining! I'm at waist now and should be able to make it to hip by Christmas.

TheMechaGinger
February 4th, 2013, 05:40 PM
I'm in! I'm about two inches shy of waist right now so I think by Christmas I can make it to hip. I've been trimming away a v-shape hemline I cut in last year to make it a more U-shaped and not quit so dramatic but I usually get about 7 or so inches in a year so I think I'll get my hemline in order and also the length I want by then. I'm sooo excited!

kidari
February 4th, 2013, 09:50 PM
I'm in! My hair has never been hip length before and currently I am at waist. Waist is 29" and I'm at around 29.5" after my recent trim. I thought hip was really far away but it's actually only 32.5" so it's totally doable! I'm excited!

charalito
February 5th, 2013, 02:19 PM
I really really wish to be at hip for Christmas. I'm an inch past waist, solid hip will be 3.5" inches more, but ends are getting dry and will need some constant trimming this year to even out the hemline. Hope it will still reach hip after the trims.

MestizoGypsy
February 5th, 2013, 07:27 PM
I'm in the same place as y'all! I finally am solidly at waist, but I feel like I need to be trimming pretty consistently this year to get rid of the splits I got on the way to waist, and keep the hemline nice and thick. I got from BSL in June to Waist in February, so hopefully I can make it even before Christmas!

MestizoGypsy
February 18th, 2013, 07:51 PM
Where's everybody at? I'm gonna do a little dusting in another week or so.

patienceneeded
February 18th, 2013, 09:47 PM
I'm just past waist now and have about 3" to go until hip. I plan on getting a trim in June (1") and then trimming again in December if needed. I'm hoping that I can reach hip around my birthday (mid-September) or at least by Halloween. We'll see. I've learned not go get my hopes up on a specific date, but more of a seasonal thing. This Autumn, I will reach hip. Or early winter.

Here's a pic from today.

http://i1049.photobucket.com/albums/s394/Kirsten_MacDicken/34f3197c-f217-47e9-8cc5-bbfb78945a30_zpsa14e88e8.jpg

spirals
February 19th, 2013, 12:21 AM
I am where you are, MestizoGypsy. I was at top of BSL in June and hit waist in Feb. The last 6 inches are thinned out (purposely by me), and I do want to get rid of that, but I don't want to trim at all. I'm happy curls swell up and disguise thinness. Unfortunately that means my hair falls at bottom of BSL or almost-midback. If I only S & D, I should hit hip in August and look hip after Chritmas.

DarkCurls
February 19th, 2013, 02:59 AM
I am where you are, MestizoGypsy. I'm happy curls swell up and disguise thinness.

Yep. Mine, too -- which is a blessing because my ends are awfully thin (layers). Eek.
But yeah, also means that I'm at hip... when stretched or wet. And waist when curly. I thought I might make hip by the end of 2012, but I hadn't factored in curl shrinkage so... Hoping for a good solid curly hip for this year.

hairconvictions
February 19th, 2013, 07:22 AM
*joins* I'm currently at waist so I should be able to hit hip by Christmas. Unless I keep getting breakage. I've been sleeping with my hair out and I'm seeing the havoc it's causing... :(

Ramille
February 19th, 2013, 07:46 AM
At 34 inches now with some fairy feathers at 35. Hope to reach hip by Christmas. That would be lovely!

spirals
February 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM
*joins* I'm currently at waist so I should be able to hit hip by Christmas. Unless I keep getting breakage. I've been sleeping with my hair out and I'm seeing the havoc it's causing... :(I did that last night; I fell asleep before I could braid it. It was a disaster this morning.

Cheele
February 20th, 2013, 01:25 AM
I think I'm only around an inch and a half til hip after a little trim a couple weeks ago. Finally, it pays off to have a short torso :). Waist to hip is barelyyy like 2 inches haha. No joke, in my siggy pic, my thumbs are where the bottom of my ribcage is. I'm calling hip once it reaches the top of my hip bones.. Just where the shorts I'm wearing hit in the siggy.

MestizoGypsy
February 20th, 2013, 01:43 PM
Cheele your hair is s pretty, that's exactly where I want mine to be! How's it cut???I have THE LONGEST TORSO I swear, so I feel like this is all taking forever!! Couldn't God have made my legs longer any my torso shorter?! But I think I should at least be close by December 2013, and that's my goal since it's my college graduation.

Achlys
February 20th, 2013, 06:42 PM
I'm currently almost at waist. If all goes well, I'll be an inch or two past the top of my hipbones by Christmas. But that's a bit of an optimistic assumption, so I just hope to be at hip by the end of 2013.

scorpio17910
February 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Count me in! I'm an inch or two past waist, so I'm fairly certain I'll be able to hit hip. :) Good luck to everyone!

Dovetail
February 23rd, 2013, 06:55 AM
I want to join in! I'm just past waist now *tugs on hair impatiently* of course being sick has really helped encourage benign neglect :p I really want to be a good, solid, hip by the end of the year!

Cheele
February 23rd, 2013, 05:46 PM
MestizoGypsy, thank you for calling my hair pretty :o! You hair is so sleek! I must pet you! Hehe anyway, I've been trimming my own hair for a few months (3 trims I think?) now using Feye's method. I try to do a V cut because it has the least amount of steps and I happen to like the way it looks haha. I used to have a blunt cut, so I'm not quite a total V since I haven't trimmed too much off yet. And I have always been so envious of longer torsos. I just love how much waist there is! Very feminine compared to my completely non-existent waist haha. Grass is always greenerrr. Good luck on your growth :cheer:

88bernice
February 26th, 2013, 06:10 PM
I am 1 inch away from waist when stretched but I hope to reach hip length by December 2013!

http://i1352.photobucket.com/albums/q657/88bernice/20130224_211728_zps3d78a88b.jpg

lydiajo
February 26th, 2013, 07:29 PM
I'm in.:toast: I'm just past waist when stretched, however, it's almost 4 inches shorter when dry. At 5 foot, my waist and hip are just a few inches apart. LOL. I micro trim about 4 X year. Wear it up or braided. Tend to neglect it. I really want classic.

Bagginslover
February 27th, 2013, 02:18 AM
Urgh. Think I might have to lose an inch. :(
My ends are getting really nasty, very velcroey and dry, even after clarifying and moisure and oils. I've been trying to fix thwm for weeks, but its just not helping. Poop.

Kwantslonghair
February 27th, 2013, 05:07 AM
I am hovering at waist and summer is my fast growing months. It's worth a shot.

PriscillaCherel
February 27th, 2013, 05:48 AM
I'm in, i'll hope i can reach that goal already before christmas :)

MestizoGypsy
February 27th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I'm having slooow growth right now, so I feel y'alls pain! I hate having to trim my velcro ends, but I'm always happier with it in the end. And I'm so much happier with trimming my own hair- I love being in control of how much comes off. But I do love my hairdresser, so I'll have to go get everything reshaped every once in a while!

Samitra
March 1st, 2013, 03:19 AM
So, I had hoped to reach hip last year. But trims and shedding got in the way. This year, I'll try to reach hip!

I'll be wearing my hair up, and not in a braid that can rub against... well, everything. And I'll try to find a better sleeping style instead of a braid on the side.

This is how it looks now, braid waves from the sleeping braid, my hands are resting on my hip bones in the front. So where my hands are is where I consider hip lenght on me.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=2926&d=1362132760

Jenny31557
March 1st, 2013, 05:53 AM
I really want to be hip by the end of this year.
Hip is what I consider the beginning of "long hair".
My hair is juuuust past waist stretched maybe an inch or two away not stretched but I do need to thicken up my ends.
I think I will maybe trim an inch off this year and once I get to hip I will maintain for 2 to 4 months and then keep growing.
Good luck everyone!

tigerblob
March 1st, 2013, 08:58 AM
I'm in! I've just about reached a stretched waist, but I think my waist is really high so hopefully I will make hip by Christmas!
It's a bit mad, until about a week ago all I was focusing on was making waist. I hadn't even thought about getting to hip (even though my ultimate goal is terminal).

MestizoGypsy
March 1st, 2013, 09:04 AM
Samitra, you are so close! I think you'll definitely make it by Christmas, if not before.

Tigerblob, I'm right there with you. I thought my hair had reached waist, but I needed a microtrim, and now it feels like I'm still waiting for waist. I just want hip length already! But I have to remember that a year ago, I was dying for my hair to be as long as it is now.

flip-flop
March 1st, 2013, 09:40 AM
I'm in, I want to be solidly at hip when curly by Christmas. I'm pretty much there when wet/stretched, but curly I've still got a ways to go. Even accounting for a possible trim in August (though I hope I can keep babying my ends and make it unnecessary) I think it's a reasonable goal for me. I can't believe 2 months of the year are already over! I feel like I don't have any growth to show for them.

Cheele
March 1st, 2013, 06:25 PM
Urgh. Think I might have to lose an inch. :(
My ends are getting really nasty, very velcroey and dry, even after clarifying and moisure and oils. I've been trying to fix thwm for weeks, but its just not helping. Poop.

I'm think in the same boat right now. My ends just starting feeling velcro-y and getting in horrible tangles (SPLITS! :(). Probably going to trim on the 11th if it doesn't seem to get better. Been trying to S&D, but I just keep finding more and more splits. I hope this isn't a length thing I'm dealing with :pray:

Best of luck to you.

gillybeanxo3921
March 1st, 2013, 06:34 PM
I'm almost waist! Another month or two and I'll be calling it. Hip is only about four inches past waist, so I should be able to reach both goals by December :)

MestizoGypsy
March 16th, 2013, 08:54 PM
How's everybody doing?

Tia2010
March 16th, 2013, 11:42 PM
I'm in :cheer:

I joined Nov. 2010 and cut back to about APL that January and have been trying to get to waist/hip since LOL ... I love to trim my hair (fresh ends make me happy LOL) so I always get near my goal, decide I don't like the ends, and chop a few inches off :rolleyes: grow and repeat ...so hopefully I can control my trimming hand and get to hip by then. :D I REALLY want to hit my goal this year!!!

DarkCurls
March 17th, 2013, 01:55 AM
I'm about an inch or two away from hip for my longest layer, when curly. Depending on curl shrinkage. :p My last length pic (beginning of March) puts me at an inch away. Wee. I'm thrilled. I doubt I'll make it to BCL, so I'm just aiming for a good, solid hip by Christmas -- I may even trim a little when I get there to even out the ends.

Jenny31557
March 17th, 2013, 09:02 AM
@tia2010
Have you thought about microtrimming? I think that's what I'm going to do.
You trim tiny amounts off regularly so you still get length but you always have fresh ends.

lydiajo
March 17th, 2013, 10:51 AM
I do the micro trim. If my hair grows 1/2 inch a month and I only trim 1/4 inch every other month then I know that I am not loosing length. Also keeps the fairy tail ends.

gillybeanxo3921
March 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
http://i971.photobucket.com/albums/ae198/gillian3921/Hair%20Length/4March16275inches_zpsed6ba090.jpg

alright that's my length right now. I'm not sure if it's entirely possible or not. Waist is farther away than I thought. My ends are getting kinda nasty, so I think even if I do somehow pull it off, as soon as the year ends I'm going to have to trim back anyways.

Jenny31557
March 17th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Yeah, I think I am going to microtrim until I reach hip and then maintain for 2-4 months to really thicken my ends and continue growing.

spirals
March 17th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Oh, I forgot about this thread. Well, if I haven't said, I hit waist last month. I think I had a short growth stall. I can tell it's grown, though, because my braids look decent now.

Debra83
March 17th, 2013, 02:56 PM
My favorite thread was the Waist By Christmas thread, but that seems to have died now that it's passed Christmas. I'm not even solidly at waist yet, but since it's not too far off, I feel like I could make it close to hip by Christmas 2013.

I'm joining HIP by Christmas 2013 too!!!

But, just so you know, I've revived the Christmas 2012 thread and changed the goal to WAIST BY JULY 01, 2013 (Canada Day!) ;) .....then on to HIP! :D

kidari
March 17th, 2013, 03:07 PM
I'm at waist right now at 30" and I'm hoping for growth spurts in the spring/summer so hopefully hip length for the first time in my life ever by this Christmas!! I've never made it before but this time I have no more damage to cut off at the ends unlike before.

scorpio17910
March 17th, 2013, 06:45 PM
My hair has seemed to hit a spurt recently -- so much so that when wet, the longest layer brushes my hips already! :joy: Unfortunately, though, I've been needing a trim and have just been too lazy to do it. . . . I'm trying to baby the ends as much as I can just to get a little more length before trimming, but I'm not going to be able to keep that up much longer before they get completely unruly, I'm afraid.

Vintagecoilylocks
March 17th, 2013, 07:35 PM
I am growing layers My shortest is just above waist. This hair has never been beyond waist so i am really anxious. . Its my fringe and front sides also a small section at the top of my head in the rear. Its also thin after a shed so I am reclaiming thickness and atemping to achieve 4 inches. My hair is growing slow. Hip is in my dreams.

MestizoGypsy
March 17th, 2013, 08:37 PM
I need to post a growth picture soon- I'm trying to just baby the ends, because i can't give up my blowdryer. I made it from BSL to Waist in about 8 months, with significant trims. So I'm pretty positive I'll be at hip-ish by the fall.

@Debra83, so glad to see you on here! I just saw the revival of the Waist thread! Where are you at?

patienceneeded
March 17th, 2013, 10:57 PM
Took a pic today (will upload later) and found I've got about 2" until hip! I'm going to trim in June, which will set me back about 1", but I'll definitely get to Hip this year. My hope is to be solidly Hip by my birthday in September.

Debra83
March 17th, 2013, 11:43 PM
I need to post a growth picture soon- I'm trying to just baby the ends, because i can't give up my blowdryer. I made it from BSL to Waist in about 8 months, with significant trims. So I'm pretty positive I'll be at hip-ish by the fall.

@Debra83, so glad to see you on here! I just saw the revival of the Waist thread! Where are you at?

Probably not far from where I was when I STARTED the Waist thread!!!! LOL :p I took a pic on my cell phone today and emailed it to myself like I usually do, but it never showed up yet? Something up with the server I think, because I can't even access their web page. They are probably doing maintenance, so I'll try again a little later. Then, when I get the pic, I'll upload it and post it in the waist thread!!! Do come and visit, ok?

Bagginslover
March 18th, 2013, 11:58 AM
I trimmed an inch about a week ago, and reshaped around my face, my entire length has felt amazing since then!! I'm sure I must be imagining it though, how can cutting the ends make it feel better all the way up?!

spirals
March 18th, 2013, 02:08 PM
Deb, it's probably because you're a curly--the length issue, not the phone issue, lol.

ArwenUndomiel
March 18th, 2013, 06:58 PM
I'm about 2 inches from waist right now. I figure by the end of summer I should be there, so hip length by the end of the year might be possible. I'm pretty short too so that helps a lot. :)

spirals
April 15th, 2013, 01:18 PM
I should technically be hip by the end of October. That begs the question: what do I do for a Hallowe'en costume? Mermaid sounds fun.

Kayla Nyx
April 15th, 2013, 03:35 PM
Im joining up! Im at waist now, so I hope by Christmas I can be at Hip

Allychan
April 15th, 2013, 07:31 PM
My scruffy ends are now touching waist, but there's only about a dozen of them there so far. I am not calling waist until I have a few more (hundred) across the line. Hips is doable but I think I will be maintaining there until Christmas after I hit it. My ends are all in really good condition, it's just that there is not a lot of them :o

Bagginslover
April 16th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Just measured, and I am at 31.5 inches, so I've regained the length I lost with my recent trim, plus a bit :) I feel like I'm growing a bit faster than my normal 0.5 inches a month at the moment, so I'm going to carry on doing what I'm doing, and hope it continues :D

Vintagecoilylocks
April 16th, 2013, 08:26 AM
I am going to join this one because i am growing out layers and never thought it would happen but i might just have the last layer at or below hip this year. It would be the first time I have had all my hair past hip. I need this for an inspirational mile stone.

patienceneeded
April 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM
About 1.5" left until I reach Hip! Getting a small trim at the end of May, which will set me back about 1" from wherever I manage to get in the next 6 weeks. Hip should be easy to get to by Christmas. My true goal is to be at Hip on my birthday in mid-September. I'll be happy just to reach Hip within this calendar year, but it's always nice to reach goals earlier than you hoped!

Vintagecoilylocks
April 16th, 2013, 01:42 PM
My scruffy ends are now touching waist, but there's only about a dozen of them there so far. I am not calling waist until I have a few more (hundred) across the line. Hips is doable but I think I will be maintaining there until Christmas after I hit it. My ends are all in really good condition, it's just that there is not a lot of them :o

Your signature is very inspirational.

gillybeanxo3921
June 23rd, 2013, 02:54 PM
I've finally reached waist, so on to hip I go :)

I do have damaged ends I want to take care of, but I'm thinking of doing a sort of henna/indigo mix to darken up my hair, and some deep conditioning treatments too.

I'm also considering not doing cheerleading next fall, and doing field hockey instead, which would probably be much softer on my hair.

Above all this, I've been taking my vitamins! I'm excited hahah

scorpio17910
June 23rd, 2013, 05:07 PM
I just did another measure: 34 inches!! Only about a half inch away now.

spirals: The mermaid idea sounds awesome. :)

honeybunnie8
June 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM
I'm in! I'm at waist and am planning to go to hip. I have about 4-5 more inches though. :/

mzBANGBANG
June 24th, 2013, 07:44 PM
I think I'm rejoining this thread for the third time haha.
Maybe 4 inches until hip? Maybe more. But my growth has stalled since I hit midback.

WaitingSoLong
June 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM
Well I guess I am growing to hip again.

I have no real goal at the moment except to eventually have all virgin hair. I recently cut back to waist from FTL. I will probably grow to hip and cut back again or maintain there. Or something. Anyway, if I don't do anything at all I should be at hip by year's end. Hip and waist are only 4" apart for me. I haven't measured since June 1st but on July 1st I will measure again, I should have about 3" to go to hip.

Jenny31557
June 24th, 2013, 09:36 PM
I cut 1 inch off a couple of days ago. My ends feel a lot nicer and I think I can continue growing without trimming maybe until the end of the year hopefully. But I'm not sure if I will make it to hip or not. By my measurements, I will be a half inch away from hip by christmas but I will still be happy with that. :) Although, I'm still going to hope for a growth spurt this summer!

Bagginslover
June 25th, 2013, 02:30 AM
Recently cut back from almost hip to waist (which I deeply regret, but its done now). I don't hink I'll hit hip by xmas unless I have a super-spurt, but I'll be a good way there I'm sure :)

gillybeanxo3921
June 25th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I'm not sure if I'll make it, it took me about two years to get from bsl to waist, but with a lot of trimming! My hair has definitely gotten much healthier since then, so maybe I can pull it off.

I'm going to try not to trim until the end of the summer, and then not to trim again until at least November. If I can avoid trimming from the end of the summer until after Christmas, I might be able to do it! I have exactly six months from today, so I would grow like three inches, and with trimming, I could probably expect to grow two inches. So it sounds like I won't make it!

I'm going to aim for hip by next summer :)

Sadie
June 25th, 2013, 10:12 AM
I cut 1 inch off a couple of days ago. My ends feel a lot nicer and I think I can continue growing without trimming maybe until the end of the year hopefully. But I'm not sure if I will make it to hip or not. By my measurements, I will be a half inch away from hip by christmas but I will still be happy with that. :) Although, I'm still going to hope for a growth spurt this summer!

Me too! I cutoff 1 inch at the beginning of the month due to thin ends but I am not planning any trims for the next 3 months, then maybe a micro trim of 1/4 inch in Autumn and hopefully I will still be able to make it to hip by Christmas.
I have to say that the main reason for my new found confidence is the recent discovery of leave in conditioners, they are making a huge difference on my fragile ends! My hair is so much stronger and hydrated, I can barely tell it is my hair! If you want to know what brand of serum I am using the name is "Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Protect Cream" (yes I know it has cones but my hair seem to love it).

labailaora
June 25th, 2013, 10:21 AM
I think I might join you all - my hair is low-back right now, maybe 2 or 3 inches to hit my true hip. I'm probably going to trim a bit (half an inch or so) to deal with the evil split ends, but hopefully doubling down with the conditioner, the oiling, and the vitamins will help prevent more of those!

Jenny31557
June 26th, 2013, 06:43 PM
@Sadie
Lol I've recently started back on the cones too! Although I'm still not sure if I want to keep using them. And I'm maybe going to do a conditioner soak on dry hair before my next wash to help keep my new ends happy. I read on another thread that doing that makes your hair really soft.
Good luck on getting to hip by Christmas!

Bagginslover
June 27th, 2013, 02:14 AM
Is anyone here using anything to try to speed their growth? I have a pack of DE waiting to be started on (read it can trigger a spurt, and the other benefits are attractive too) and I have monistat that I use just for certain areas.....Thinking I might start using it all over, I miss the 3 inches I cut :(

WaitingSoLong
June 27th, 2013, 08:50 AM
Baggins: Topical caffeine which I plan to start adding into my routine come July 1st. I have written about it in my blog. Caffeine is actually scientifically proven to promote growth and regrowth in hair, unlike all these other things we try like DE, monistat, MSM, etc.

iluvlovelylocks
June 28th, 2013, 10:53 PM
I'm joining. I may be pushing it, because I'm not sure I'll reach hip by Christmas, but we'll see. My hair grows about 1/2" a month but I plan on getting an inch trimmed off by Christmas......here goes!

I doubt I'll make it though!

Bagginslover
June 29th, 2013, 02:43 AM
Baggins: Topical caffeine which I plan to start adding into my routine come July 1st. I have written about it in my blog. Caffeine is actually scientifically proven to promote growth and regrowth in hair, unlike all these other things we try like DE, monistat, MSM, etc.

Thats interesting! I know most of the stuff tried and recommended here hasn't been through proper trials (I work in a lab, so the scientific part of my brain is screaming at me when I read those threads, but I figure no harm in trying as long as I'm careful and sensible ;) ) I've not heard of caffiene being used though, except for that german caffiene shampoo (Alpecin?) I've seen on TV. I'm very caffiene sensitive when ingesting it, I wonder if a topical application would be the same? I'm not allergic, it just makes be incredibly wired with a tiny amount!

Your hair is looking incredible after your chop WSL, I miss seeing your beautiful length, but FWIW, I think you did the right thing, it looks lovely :)

Bagginslover
June 29th, 2013, 02:44 AM
Urgh! Double post!! Stupid computer!

WaitingSoLong
July 1st, 2013, 08:42 AM
Thats interesting! I know most of the stuff tried and recommended here hasn't been through proper trials (I work in a lab, so the scientific part of my brain is screaming at me when I read those threads, but I figure no harm in trying as long as I'm careful and sensible ;) ) I've not heard of caffiene being used though, except for that german caffiene shampoo (Alpecin?) I've seen on TV. I'm very caffiene sensitive when ingesting it, I wonder if a topical application would be the same? I'm not allergic, it just makes be incredibly wired with a tiny amount!

Your hair is looking incredible after your chop WSL, I miss seeing your beautiful length, but FWIW, I think you did the right thing, it looks lovely :)

Alpecin is the shampoo that prompted me to look into the research. It is out there, maybe if you google hair growth and caffeine. I found it all accidentally while doing other research on caffeine (it's all in my blog).

I just started my liquid caffeine hair tonic yesterday. I have been applying topically to my feet and hands and face with no side effects thus far. It doesn't make me wired. I am very senitive to caffeine and it seems to take longer to do it's half-life thing in me than what the textbooks say, but all drug substances are that way. I am very sensitive to most drugs of any kind and often have adverse reactions or allergic reactions to them. I always sigh when the doctors as me about my allergies. Then I pull out the sheet of paper I keep in my purse because I cannot remember them all.

Anyway, I am a firm believer that hair growth is just genetic and all we can do is optimize our own genetic capabilities but keeping our scalps clean (hair follicles) and healthy (fungus, etc.) and having proper nutrition/holistic health. After trying DE and various other things for hair growth, I took a long look at my diet and decide that I already eat optimally for healthy hair growth and vitamins are a waste of money for me. I suppose such things work better for people who have poor diets, or have illnesses or other issues but I am generally healthy apart from some arthritis and chronic migraines.

Anywho, my growth has been slightly better the last 2 months since my cut. But it could be just summer. Guess I will never know.

AmyBeth
July 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
I might be able to make it- I'm in the "can I call this waist" area, and my hair grows very slowly, but I do believe daily massages have helped to speed the growth rate a bit and I'm certainly going to learn about caffeine- thanks for the tip.

WaitingSoLong
July 2nd, 2013, 06:32 AM
AmyBeth, I think there is something to the massages as well but I can never remember to do them on a consistent basis. As for the caffeine, it is only being applied when I was my hair so I am not sure how effective that will be. Sometimes I go a week without washing but I try to was twice a week.

spirals
July 3rd, 2013, 12:15 AM
Do you think adding a shot of espresso to my bottle of rinse would help? Do I sound crazy?

WaitingSoLong
July 3rd, 2013, 06:40 AM
If you want the potential color coffee would add to your hair. Sure.

But I don't put it in my shampoo. It would be too diluted. I apply liquid caffeine straight to my scalp as a tonic after S&C and towel dry. It only needs to get on the scalp, not the whole hair shaft.

Sadie
July 3rd, 2013, 09:22 AM
@ Jenny31557

Thank you! I hope that the new conditioning method on dry hair works for you! :agree:

woolyleprechaun
July 3rd, 2013, 09:41 AM
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z369/woolyleprechaun/IMG-20130701-WA000_zps29d73091.jpg (http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/woolyleprechaun/media/IMG-20130701-WA000_zps29d73091.jpg.html)
Hopefully, I'll make it! (must avoid trims...I get very snip happy)

Jenny31557
July 3rd, 2013, 12:14 PM
@Sadie
Thank you! Yes it did work my ends are really shiny! I love them!

Woolyleprechaun :thud: wow!

nakima
July 3rd, 2013, 01:09 PM
Im still in but I seem to have reached a stall this summer and I have had a lot of splits, so lots of s/d ing and a couple little micro trims lately :( my ends are dry but the rest of my hair is healthy. Im still hopeing to make it to hips by the end of the year. Good luck all and happy growing!

spirals
July 3rd, 2013, 01:45 PM
I had a stall over the winter, but be encouraged; it ends sometime. Also, catnip on the ends.

Bagginslover
July 4th, 2013, 03:36 AM
http://i1186.photobucket.com/albums/z369/woolyleprechaun/IMG-20130701-WA000_zps29d73091.jpg (http://s1186.photobucket.com/user/woolyleprechaun/media/IMG-20130701-WA000_zps29d73091.jpg.html)

:thud: W.O.W! Stunning!! And where did you find sun?! You can't be near here, I haven't seen it in ages! :(

woolyleprechaun
July 4th, 2013, 07:17 AM
Haha! I took this picture at around 7pm a couple of days ago, just when a tiny patch of the light hits this tiny patch by my back door.... It's hard to find this year! If it carries on like this, next year I will be taking length shots whilst scaling my house like a gecko ;)
Thank you for the compliment :D Your hair seems to be growing so fast! Looking great :)

woolyleprechaun
July 4th, 2013, 07:18 AM
@Sadie
Thank you! Yes it did work my ends are really shiny! I love them!

Woolyleprechaun :thud: wow!

Thank you :o

Magalo
July 4th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Hi!

I reached waist about 6 weeks ago, trimmed 1" off, and I wanted to trim more and maintain but I think I'll grow finally. :lol: That 1" trim really helped my hemline, I still have tons of layers but it's ok.

Waist and hips are only 3" appart on me, I think I can reach it by christmas (then trim 1" again?) if I eat healthy and take my biotin. :) I'm in!

AmyBeth
July 4th, 2013, 01:34 PM
OMG, you are a hair goddess!

Heavy Raindrops
July 11th, 2013, 06:55 AM
I would have had hip length hair by now but I had a major trim a few months ago. I am nearly at waist length at the moment, I think it's possible that I can make hip length by Christmas. :)

woolyleprechaun
July 11th, 2013, 08:37 AM
OMG, you are a hair goddess!
Oh my! Thank you :) made my day.....

earthybee
July 11th, 2013, 08:40 AM

:applause Sooo gorgeous!

ladylowtide
July 11th, 2013, 09:14 AM
Wow last time I was in this thread I wasn't even waist length (in January). Now I'm waist length in the front over my boobs! I think I'm definitely going to make it to hip by Christmas. Maybe a couple months earlier. I think I'm dangerously close to my first real hair goal! I'm off to double check. :)

Edit: 2 inches away!! Good luck everyone!

woolyleprechaun
July 11th, 2013, 03:06 PM
:applause Sooo gorgeous!
Thank you :) I love that camper van picture! I had a campervan egg cup once *goes off on a tangent and hunts in cupboards*

sunflowersmiles
July 12th, 2013, 03:55 PM
Santa, I would really like to reach hip length by christmas. I only have 3 inches, so if my hair keeps growing at its current rate I should easily be hip by then. Fingers crossed!

Mizumi
July 12th, 2013, 04:41 PM
I want to reach hip by Christmas! I'm only 5 cm to it, but I plan one or two trims, and my hair still grows so slow. However I think it's possible to me!

nakima
July 14th, 2013, 02:29 PM
thanks for the incouragement. I think I'm growimg again and the dry ends are finally under control... ON TO HIPS!!! LOL!

Tori Angeli
July 15th, 2013, 10:09 AM
I will hang out in this thread. I made waist a few weeks ago and really only have a few inches to go till hip, so I think I can make it.

Bellechevelure
July 15th, 2013, 10:55 AM
I will probably have hip lenght by christmas maybe even more longer than that if my hair do what I expected... but they never do that so. :P

gillybeanxo3921
August 7th, 2013, 06:44 AM
yes I'm doubting my hair will make it. I'm still working on trimming out icky ends, so maybe I'll reach hip next year instead.

door72067
August 7th, 2013, 11:57 AM
dang...I just measured and find I have a bit more than 3" to go between waist and hips and I am currently tickling waist with my fairytale-ing ends...I plan to trim in October (when it will be 2 years since I last had a cut) but.................now that I look through this thread realize just how close to hip I could be...gah!

what to do? what to do?

~wanders off to ponder new goals~

spirals
August 7th, 2013, 01:15 PM
I think waist may be my terminal. Or my hair grows slower than I thought. :(

ladylowtide
August 7th, 2013, 01:28 PM
yeah for this thread. This really gets me motivated seeing all the people trying to make it to hip length. I stalled a lot last year and didn't make it to waist by christmas 2012, and now I'm thinking I'm going to meet this goal a little early. We will see! Will definitely post back when I get closer. Good luck every one :)!

nakima
August 7th, 2013, 01:57 PM
Im still in, struggling though I feel like I hit a stall this summer :( Im about 2 inches away maybe 2 1/2 it just feels like its takeing soooooo long argh! one day it looks like its progressing and the next its not. Not sure what thats all about. Anyway good luck to you all, only 5 months left, Happy growing!

Sadie
January 1st, 2014, 12:26 PM
Did not make it... my hair was shedding so much that I had to cut it to make it look decent again. Now I am barely at waist and still not happy with my thin ends. Need to cut off 2 more inches but I don't have the heart to do it so my plan is to wait till I reach solid waist again in March and then micro trim for the rest of the year.
Did anyone make it to hip? :?

HappyHair87
January 1st, 2014, 08:07 PM
is there going to be a challenge for 2014??:D

scorpio17910
January 2nd, 2014, 10:04 PM
Checking back in -- I made it! I hit a HUGE growth spurt during the end of November/December, and got all the way to BCL before I even knew it!

Sadie
January 3rd, 2014, 02:19 AM
Checking back in -- I made it! I hit a HUGE growth spurt during the end of November/December, and got all the way to BCL before I even knew it!

Congratulations scorpio17910, would love to see a pic!

scorpio17910
January 3rd, 2014, 03:05 AM
Thanks! :) I wish I could figure out how to post pictures -- technology hates me, so uploading things is a complete nightmare. I'll try to get it figured out, though!

Heavy Raindrops
February 2nd, 2014, 05:55 AM
Aw I look back at this thread that I subscribed to ages ago but I didn't make it hehe. :p Halfway there though! :)