PDA

View Full Version : Two year anniversary, pic heavy

Lostsoule77
January 6th, 2013, 08:54 PM
My anniversary was actually the first, but it kinda slipped my mind. I've learned quite a few things here over the past couple of years. Plus got to know some really nice people (even though they don't know I might follow them, I'm kinda shy.)

I trimmed my hair using Feye's self trim method on 01/01/11 and haven't trimmed since. I do s&d once in awhile. I plan to go for a trim this month. I hope I don't have to lose too much because I hope to reach fingertip this year. If I do lose a lot then it'll be back to classic this year and onto fingertip next year. Once I get the professional cut I plan to microtrim so I don't run into this issue in the future and also to even up my hemline a bit. I don't want a blunt hemline, just a less severe u hemline.

BTW, that trim is going to be at the Madora/George Michael Salon in NYC! It was my Christmas present from DH! :D Onto the pics:

My January pic from 2011 was blurry and my hair was brushed out so I'm starting with one from April 2011:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_2540.jpg

This is from December 31, 2011:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_3934.jpg

July of 2012:
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_4293.jpg

And today, a little worse for wear. I had my hair down and drying after a wash and had unexpected company stop by. The kids decided to jump on my back. So that messed with it a bit and I put it up so they couldn't mess it up more. That also messed it up. So ignore the frizziness and halo. Kids will be kids you know. ;)
http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b255/lostsoule/IMG_4552_zps8a45c793-1_zpsd2682291.jpg

sunnydee92
January 6th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Pretty hair! :) I love the color in the third pic with the natural light. Lovely.

ArienEllariel
January 6th, 2013, 10:06 PM
You have such gorgeous hair! Love your wurlies! :D

Calaelen
January 6th, 2013, 10:19 PM
:D gorgeous! Your wurlies are so pretty, and if you stretch them out, you're longer than I am, I think. Congrats, and please check back in after that GM trim! That's so exciting!

JamieLeigh
January 7th, 2013, 12:12 AM
Happy anniversary! :flower: Your hair is amazing.

CastaDiva
January 7th, 2013, 03:39 AM
Happy two year anniversary:blossom: You have gorgeous hair! And congratulations on reaching classic! Well, past classic, actually:o

Mesmerise
January 7th, 2013, 04:01 AM
Gorgeous hair! I'd also love to hear about your trip to the GM salon. I'd love that experience one day! But it will have to be a way away, as there aren't any anywhere near me ;).

bunzfan
January 7th, 2013, 05:16 AM
I looove your hair its so wurly to the tips, its grown a lot and i want to see pics to of your GM cut;)

jacqueline101
January 7th, 2013, 08:31 AM
Your hair is lovely.

Mischamiu
January 7th, 2013, 08:55 AM
That's amazing, congrats :blossom:

Madora
January 7th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Your hair looks very pretty, Lostsoule77! Please update us after you've had your GM trim! How I envy you!

Neecola
January 7th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your hair is just lovely! I love your hemline. When you did Feye's self trim, did you use the V cut method or the U cut?

SnowyDream
January 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
Your hair is very gorgeous, congratulations. :flower:

Nebulae
January 7th, 2013, 03:12 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful! Happy anniversary! Hope you will have a great salon experience, that's a nice christmas gift. :)

Vanilla
January 7th, 2013, 03:43 PM
Happy anniversary. I can't wait to hear about your trim experience :)

spidermom
January 7th, 2013, 03:51 PM
Wow; you're a superlative hair grower.

Xi
January 7th, 2013, 03:53 PM
Contratulations! Your hair is looking long and beautiful. And what lovely wurls! :)

Xxanderia
January 7th, 2013, 04:21 PM
It looks wonderful! You've made great progress. :) Definitely update us once you have had your trim! I have looked into that exact salon but their website is difficult to navigate so I gave up. If it's worth it though I may look into it more!

utdesertrunner
January 7th, 2013, 04:37 PM
Congrats on your 2 year anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful. I love the hemline too, I think it is really flattering on you.

lapushka
January 7th, 2013, 04:38 PM
Amazing progress. Your hair looks lovely! :D :thumbsup:

Beatnik Guy
January 7th, 2013, 05:54 PM
:thud:

Happy hairniversary. :)

Lostsoule77
January 7th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Thanks you guys! And of course I'll update you after the trim. :D

Yozhik
January 7th, 2013, 07:09 PM
Beautiful hair! :flowers:

Happy anniversary!!!

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2013, 03:40 PM
Thank you!

SchnauzerMom
January 8th, 2013, 04:48 PM
Wow your hair is very pretty. I love the curls!

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
Thank you!

Thank everyone of you for liking my waves! I always look at them as the things that gives me frizz so it's nice to hear positive comments on them. :D

Atira
January 8th, 2013, 08:09 PM
I hope my hair looks kinda like yours eventually! Your hair is gorgeous!!

Lostsoule77
January 8th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Thank you! :o

MaryO
January 9th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Oh my goodness your hair is so lovely!! Love those curls!

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2013, 07:42 AM
Thank you very much. :D

cathair
January 10th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Happy Anniversary Lostsoule77 :toast: You don't like so far away from fingertip right now, especially if it were pulled straight. It looks like your growth is pretty steady, Surely you will make it this year? Nice to see your hair after it has been messed with a little by kids :) Your curls are normally so regular and tidy, gives me hope mine might start to look better if I learn how to treat them right :)

jojo
January 10th, 2013, 08:07 AM
*swit swoo* loving your curly hair, its a rarity to see curly hair this long and yours is stunning O_|. O_/__|. <--- my thudpile, id have put LHC one on but my ipad wont allow!!!

Lostsoule77
January 10th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Thank you both! :o

Cathair they will. That was only messed with for one quick jump on the back. I then quickly put it up. It was much worse when I joined. Definitely taking better care of my hair has made it be able to be as nice as it appears in most of my pics.

I still have at about 3 inches until my very ends hit FTL. I haven't trimmed in 2 years though, not even a microtrim. So one is definitely past due. I'm going most likely next week. My hair from apl-ish down is all pre-LHC. It has a set of highlights and at least 3 demi dye jobs on it. I have no clue how much they are going to need to cut off. I've only grown 10 inches in 2 years, which is slightly less than average. If I don't lose more than 2" I should be able to make it. IDK

Jojo, I know! And mine are just waves. I LOVE Quixii's hair because hers is actual curls at longer than my length. Her hair makes me swoon. LOL

long-hair-lover
January 26th, 2013, 09:23 AM
Gosh you're hair is beautiful!
A fellow curly here:D

Lostsoule77
January 26th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Thank you! :D

Vintagecoilylocks
January 28th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Love your hair, the color, the curl, the length, Congrats on your progress. Enjoy

looniac
January 29th, 2013, 11:13 AM
What beautiful long curly hair! You have an admirer in me as a fellow curly hoping to one day reach such lengths! :flowers:

Tota
January 29th, 2013, 11:41 AM
Happy anniversary and congrats on your progress! Your hair is stunning! I hope you had or will have an amazing salon experience ;)

skyblue
January 29th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Amazing hair hon! Green I am lol!

Zabethbartsch
January 29th, 2013, 02:13 PM
The curl envy... It consumes me.

Lovely locks, and congrats!

Lostsoule77
January 29th, 2013, 04:14 PM
Love your hair, the color, the curl, the length, Congrats on your progress. Enjoy
Thank you so much! :o

What beautiful long curly hair! You have an admirer in me as a fellow curly hoping to one day reach such lengths! :flowers:
Thank you too! :D

Happy anniversary and congrats on your progress! Your hair is stunning! I hope you had or will have an amazing salon experience ;)
Thank you! Had & I did! There is a thread around somewhere. ;)

Amazing hair hon! Green I am lol!
Thank you so much!

The curl envy... It consumes me.

Lovely locks, and congrats!
Thank you!

You women sure know how to make another woman feel good!